~~~ WANGTANGS FAVOURITE ALBUMS !!!~~~ kekeke.

Wongtong

This is a list of my 20 favourite albums. Yes, I was actually nominated (wow, who would nominate Wongtong) so you don't have to yell at me. -.-

I've noticed that people have been commenting on other people's lists saying something like, "I've only heard of about 2 bands in your list.." etc., so I put a youtube from each album in hide tags (either my favourite song from the album or a song that most last.fm users listen to). I also posted the genre that was listed in Wikipedia for the artist/album.

I tried not to include more than one album for each artist and I tried to avoid posting the same albums as other people.

If you didn't notice, I got lazy towards the end so I didn't write much of a description for some.

If you don't want to read my opinions on the albums just read this summary:[hide=In summary, my 20 favourite albums are]Aqualung - Strange and Beautiful

Arctic Monkeys Favourite Worse Nightmare

Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism

The Devil Wears Prada - Dear Love: A Beautiful Discord

Flyleaf - Flyleaf (Special Edition)

Gorillaz - Demon Days

Jesu - Silver

Maximum the Hormone - Buiikikaesu!

Metallica - S&M with the San Francisco Symphony

Modest Mouse We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank

My American Heart - Hiding Inside the Horrible Weather

Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been [Deluxe Edition]

Paramore - All We Know Is Falling

Puscifer - V Is For Vagina

Rage Against the Machine - Live & Rare

Sublime - Sublime

Saul Williams - Saul Williams

Shiny Toy Guns - We Are Pilots

Tool - Lateralus

Yann Tiersen - Good bye Lenin![/hide]

1. Aqualung - Strange and Beautiful

2nb94k1.jpg

Year: 2005

Genre: Rock

When I was attempting to make a mix CD for my sister, I listened to some of her music to get a feel of what genre she enjoys listening to. I stumbled upon one song by an artist named Aqualung and after listening to it a few times, I tried finding other music by them. Strange and Beautiful is a great album by Aqualung which is great for easy listening (I wouldn't really call it rock) thanks to Matt Hale's soothing vocals. [hide=Aqualung Sample]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q536JTSe40M[/hide]

2. Arctic Monkeys Favourite Worst Nightmare

2450jfq.jpg

Year: 2007

Genre: Post-punk revival, alternative rock

I'm going to assume that you're all familiar with the song, "I Bet That You Look Good On the Dancefloor" by the Arctic Monkeys. This album is basically reflected by that song (even though it's on a different album) it's catchy, funky and great for dancing to. Favourite Worst Nightmare is great to listen to when you're doing chores or something boring because it makes you feel like jumping around. Some people may find their English accents annoying though.[hide=Arctic Monkey Sample]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A2XBoxtcUA[/hide]

3. Death Cab For Cutie Transatlanticism

2wd0l1k.jpg

Year: 2003

Genre: Indie, alternative rock

This is just another album that's very easy to listen to. I can just lie down and do something pathetically cheesy like stare at the stars while listening to this album. There's something about this album that makes me a little bit sad.[hide=Death Cab For Cutie Sample]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X0eYyhzcGw[/hide]

4. The Devil Wears Prada - Dear Love: A Beautiful Discord

2i6c1si.jpg

Year: 2006

Genre: Metalcore

Yes, I know their band name is lame. And no, it's not based on the movie. I don't know what I like about this album, I think it's the guitar riffs or something. :lol: This is one of the few metalcore bands that I can actually listen to without completely flinching. It did however take some time to grow on me so I doubt TIF will enjoy this album straight away.

[hide=The Devil Wears Prada Sample]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pdrok3cPaU[/hide]

5. Flyleaf - Flyleaf (Special Edition)

2i7v3wy.jpg

Genre: Alternative metal, alternative rock

Yay, Flyleaf. Lacey Mosley blows me away with her ability to scream (wow, a girl that can scream) while being able to sing softer songs such as All Around Me. What I like about Flyleaf (Special Edition) as opposed to just Flyleaf's self-titled album is that there are acoustic covers of songs from their Flyleaf album, and it's quite interesting listening to some of their harder songs being covered in a softer way. Oh and it's a CD/DVD album so I can stare at Lacey's midgetness (she's 4'9).[hide=Flyleaf Sample]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCon0QojjYA[/hide]

6. Gorillaz - Demon Days

ff0ozr.jpg

Genre: Alternative rock, alternative hip hop, electronic, trip hop

Demon Days was the first physical album I was in possession of (gift from my sister). Gorillaz was my favourite artist from my childhood and it amazes me that I can still listen to this album without finding it boring. Demon Days features many contributions from other artists that you may be familiar with such as De La Soul, MF Doom and Roots Manuva. This album brings back memories of me sitting in front of the television as a child, gawking at their animated video clips and idolising 'Noodle'.[hide=Gorillaz Sample]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFHjUUYDmJs[/hide]

7. Jesu Silver

2ujrrrl.jpg

Genre: Experimental ambient rock, drone metal, shoegazing (what kind of genre is named shoegazing?)

Nadril got me into this band by posting a youtube clip of their song Silver on a random board. Thanks so much and sorry that I haven't acknowledged you until now. I was quite skeptical of this band at first because I had never heard anything from this genre, but I was pleasantly surprised. I can't really explain the feelings that this EP gives me, but I listen to this album when I feel like a cloud is hanging over my head and it comforts me for some reason.[hide=Jesu Sample]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBs-cZs9m8U[/hide]

8. Maximum the Hormone - Buiikikaesu!

2n0322x.jpg

Genre: Mixture of pop punk, funk, metal and hardcore

One day, Jaerkd00d said "MAXIMUM THE HORMONE ARE [bleep]ING AWESOME@@@!!!!" or something along those lines. I decided to give them a listen and was realised that Jeark was unfortunately right -.- Buiikikaesu! Is an amazing album that makes me want to get crazy and when I'm listening to any of the songs my adrenalin starts rushing and I feel like screaming out a gigantic war cry. Yep. Oh and the fact that they're Japanese makes them even more sugoi. ;D[hide=Maximum the Hormone Sample]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F20Ecr0H_1I[/hide]

9. Metallica - S&M with the San Francisco Symphony

317e6og.jpg

Year: 1999

Genre: Heavy metal (Metallica is considered heavy metal? Alright then.)

I had never really liked Metallica before I listened to this album. Live albums are usually better than studio albums and I found that this was the case for the S&M album (you might disagree, but it's just a personal opinion). The first time I heard a song from this album (I forget which one), I remember thinking that his voice was very powerful and amazing.

[hide=Metallica Sample]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvqkwvA9i4Q[/hide]10. Modest Mouse We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank

1z5kl6f.jpg

Genre: Alternative rock

My favourite song on this album would have to be either March Into the Sea or Little Motel. Their songs are a little peculiar, which is what I like about them. Modest Mouse is just one of those artists you can enjoy listening to without complaint.[hide=Modest Mouse Sample][yt]thPMA-tqZLQ[/yt]

I have no idea what's up with the video. :lol: Crazy guy attacking a bear?[/hide]11. My American Heart - Hiding Inside the Horrible Weather

a9w9jp.jpg

Genre: Emo, indie rock

What can I say, one of the only bands that I now listen to that would be classified as 'emo'. Surprisingly, when I'm sharing my iPod (yeah yeah.) with a friend/classmate and it skips to a song by My American Heart they always say, "Wow, he has a nice voice." Regardless of their genre, I find My American Heart to be very soothing. Hiding Inside the Horrible Weather is their best release so far and showcases both soft songs and songs you just want to dance to. [hide=My American Heart Sample][yt]th2PWpEQ6_o[/yt][/hide]12. Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been [Deluxe Edition]

14j0oyf.jpg

Year: 2002

Genre: Industrial Rock

Like Metallica, I never really liked Nine Inch Nails until I heard their live album. There's something about live albums that I instantly like, I think it's the emotion and power that I can hear behind their voice that doesn't always appear in studio songs. But then again, I find the 2nd part of this CD (non-live) amazing. I believe a bunch of their softer songs (sorry if I'm wrong) and I always listen to it when I need to find some peace and quiet. I guess NiN isn't that bad after all.[hide=Nine Inch Nails Sample][yt]iASKRxoI_Ys[/yt]

This isn't my favourite song, if I put my favourite song here it'd bore you :P[/hide]13. Paramore - All We Know Is Falling

v7dstg.jpg

Genre: Pop Punk, Alternative Rock

Ah, Paramore. Most of you reading this will think they are mainstream [cabbage], and I don't blame you for thinking that. But being the girl that I am I can't help but listen to soppy girly sing-a-long music everyone once in a while. Paramore is the most mainstream artist that I listen to and I find their debut album, All We Know Is Falling to be their best. All We Know Is Falling is a great debut album and Paramore were able to hook in a large audience before releasing their Riot! album which isn't as good as this one.[hide=Paramore Sample][yt]uf5SCtOcLn4[/yt][/hide]14. Puscifer - V Is For Vagina

2hg927l.jpg

Genre: Trip Hop, Post Industrial

There's something about Maynard's voice that is attractively creepy.

My only complaint is that the Underworld Evolution version of Rev 22:20 was much better than this albums'.[hide=Puscifer Sample][yt]YyOCD0_Q9iI[/yt]

I love the lyrics:

I creep around the back door, sneak a little,

peek a little, thumb on the bum middle finger on the ringu

rubberneck around watch me watch you

gonna tap tippy tap on the money button til you hum[/hide]15.Rage Against the Machine - Live & Rare

2vbamgo.jpg

Year: 1998

Genre: Alternative metal, rap metal, ownage

It's pretty hard not to listen to Rage Against the Machine if you know Jaerkd00d, and I have to admit, he has influenced me in a big way with my music taste. After their self-titled album, this would have to be my favourite. Live & Rare is raw, live and amazing. If you're a ratm fan and haven't heard this album yet, you need to. Now. Or I'll kick your [wagon].[hide=Rage Against the Machine Sample][yt]f3fvd4QXtDA[/yt][/hide]16. Sublime Sublime

1zvd5pf.jpg

Year: 1996

Genre: Ska punk, alternative rock

Sublime is one of the best 'summery' artists ever. It is a disappointing that Bradley couldn't have stayed around long enough to see how successful this album was/is (and how much I love it). Why aren't there any more artists like this?[hide=Sublime Sample][yt]fvEj5iZMEpU[/yt][/hide]17. Saul Williams - Saul Williams

8wie4l.jpg

Year: 2004

Genre: Hip hop, spoken poetry

Here's a review by Mike Diver that sums up how I feel about this album:

"Mouth-agape stunned faces. Puzzled looks and pounding feet. Quizzical expressions. Poetic licenses torn into quarters. No man has the right to rhyme this well."[hide=Saul Williams Sample][yt]_kQAwNczweY[/yt][/hide]18. Shiny Toy Guns - We Are Pilots

2la4xlk.jpg

Genre: Indie Pop, Synthpop, Electronica

This artist makes me smile for some unknown reason. Must be the techno-y vibes I get from it along with the weird lyrics.

Why are the Robots so sad?

We're not in trouble anymore...anyway

And no more

Synthetic fighting

They stopped the lightning

After today...

When they took the beach that day

They stole the children

Took them away

And I miss everyone...

But most of all the little ones

And their shiny toy guns....

I can listen to this album non-stop and not get bored of it at all, and have been listening to it for the past 3 years or so.[hide=Shiny Toy Guns Sample][yt]ri1nhtEodyI[/yt]Depeche Mode Cover[/hide]19. Tool Lateralus

1p8403.jpg

Year: 2001

Genre: Progressive Metal

Self explanatory. :P[hide=Tool Sample][yt]8xk8YCmJMuE[/yt]

If there were no rewards to reap,

No loving embrace to see me through,

this tedious path I've chosen here,

I certainly would've walked away by now.[/hide]20. Yann Tiersen - Good bye Lenin!

66xh87.jpg

Year: 2003

Genre: Piano, instrumental

This album has just recently been added to my list of favourite albums of all time. I'm a sucker for piano and this album is basically instrumental piano tracks. Good Bye Lenin! Is the soundtrack for the movie (Good bye Lenin!) and is amazing to listen to if you don't want to clear your mind of all the pointless [cabbage] and drama in your life.

Btw, Yann Tiersen is probably most known for recording songs for the movie Amélie.[hide=Yann Tiersen Sample][yt]nfwWKCRth_A[/yt][/hide]

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I still think you should I put a studio album from RATM vs a live one. As what your list gave me was what you think was the best representation of the band, and in your post about you stated that you liked their self titled work better. Kind of mislead me there.

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

haha, Puscifer is Maynard? Never knew that. :') I never wanted to check out the record because the album cover was so incredibly horrible, and I didn't like the album title either.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I still think you should I put a studio album from RATM vs a live one. As what your list gave me was what you think was the best representation of the band, and in your post about you stated that you liked their self titled work better. Kind of mislead me there.

Naw, I was trying not to repeat any of Jaerk's (he had self-titled). But both albums are pretty even for me.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Jesu :thumbup: . I get the same feeling whenver I listen to them, it's really comforting for some reason. Wonder how many lists it's been on now.

Nice list. I know most of the bands on here even though I don't listen to all of them. Puscifer is a terrible name though, haha. What would your mom think about you listening to them? :shame: :lol:

What the [bleep].

how could you put Self titled over 40oz to freedom.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

What the [bleep].

Haha, I remember back a couple months ago in the "what are you listening to" thread, I posted that I bought Sublime's self titled CD and you said I should of bought 40oz. You must really like that album a lot :lol:

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

What the [bleep].

Haha, I remember back a couple months ago in the "what are you listening to" thread, I posted that I bought Sublime's self titled CD and you said I should of bought 40oz. You must really like that album a lot :lol:

The other one is just overrated compared to it.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

My mum probably wouldn't know the definition of a 'vagina'. :P

I wonder if anyone listened to the youtube clips :(

What the [bleep].

KEKEKEKEKEKEKE

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I'll admit it, Paramore are a guilty pleasure for me. Tool are great too.

You? Paramore?

.... :lol:

Have you heard/seen their Final Riot! CD/DVD?! Acoustic version of My Heart kthx.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

:lol:

Im laughing at you.

MAH_SRS_FACE__by_AtlanteanTiger.png

You have no right to laugh at them.

Hint:

[yt]xkxc8ZktV2E[/yt]

Even though video won't work through embedding, look at the title. ;)

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Haha, I am shamed. :(

Thank god that was quick one.

i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Paramore is pretty catchy. :oops:

(uh... what I heard from Rock Band. Y'know, to keep my man cred).

:uhh:

OK.

As for your list wongtong. I know about 3 artists fairly well, up there.

Why do I only listen to mainstream - or slightley less mainstream but still popular music ?

Am I the only one who is normal or am I the only one who is not ?

^ abnormal among the MM&T users, normal among the masses. :P

I'll have to read the list more clearly later, I'm in a hurry now, but I wanna listen to Devil Wears Prada and Sublime just for the fact that I've like never listened to either before but I've heard so much about them. :o

If you think there aren't many artists out there like Sublime, check out 311. I love them.

Nice list, though. I like the Puscifer album haha it's just so ridiculous.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I KNOW ALL OF THOSE. AND HAVE MOST. HURRAAAAAAY.

I still like Sublime more than 311, Range. 311 seems more ... more ... Rockin'. Sublime is in a category all of its own for me.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Haha.

Except Metallica (my favorite album is Ride The Lightning tho), we have nothing in common!

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I have that nin album, but I never listened to it. I'll go do that now. Also, glad someone else on here likes arctic monkeys. The only song I've heard with saul williams was when he and buckethead made a song together. I'll look into his other stuff.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain