Random Events

BawkBawk219

I like random events, I really do.

But, when they teleport you away, it's just annoying.

Let's say you're under level 126 and are fighting greater demons in the Brimhaven dungeon.

All of a sudden, the sandwich lady comes out of nowhere and teleports you away. You have to take the time doing the random event *and* waiting for those dogs to become non-aggressive again so you can actually fight without being interrupted.

Or you could be fighting black demons in the Member's Dungeon.

If you get teleported away, it's hard to safe spot in certain areas, you have to waste prayer going for the loot, or you have to take all the hits and hope you aren't hit too hard.

Point is, I don't like how they teleport you away. Maybe they can make it if you are gone from the area for over 2 minutes, they would become non-aggressive again.

1337.jpg

I wish the lamps would give like 10k exp, they could make them more rare I wouldnt mind

10k Exp lamps, are you kidding? Some quests give you more than one 10k exp. I rather get it from a quest then just one, and wait forever to get another one.

[hide=Accomplishments]65 Fishing (Swordfish gloves) - July 29, 2009

Rune Defender - August 15, 2009

My Dream Armor(P2P) - August 18, 2009

Slayer Helmet - September 19, 2009

75 Attack (Ability to Wield GS) - October 17, 2009

100 posts in Tip.It Forum - October 25, 2009

80 Strength - December 12, 2009[/hide]

[hide=F2P/P2P Stats and Goals]Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png[/hide]

"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they can make up their minds."

-Wilt Chamberlain

I agree with Quelmotz that they aren't quite as annoying as they were before. Oh my god, before you couldn't fight anything for five minutes without some idiot NPC showing up. I'm fighting a monster, I can't talk to you...I can't talk...oh great, thanks bread lady! Now I'm way back in Falador because god forbid I kill a monster.

I haven't seen her, I don't know if they got rid of her, but I sure do hate her.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I agree with the rant.

That stupid sandwich lady was the worst of them all! The bread roll looked nothing like a bread roll, and I always thought the baguette was a bread roll, took me like 4 tries. :wall: :wall:

Staurolite.png

I hated the non-teleport ones of yesteryear, to be honest. Because I would be in mid-combat and like...Dr. Jekyll would show up and I can't talk but the timer still goes off and he changes, same with the others. I don't mind it now...the choice of item upon completion is kind of cool.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I hated the non-teleport ones of yesteryear, to be honest. Because I would be in mid-combat and like...Dr. Jekyll would show up and I can't talk but the timer still goes off and he changes, same with the others. I don't mind it now...the choice of item upon completion is kind of cool.

I think it took at least a full minute before they would trnasform or start attacking you. So unless you were at the KQ, you'd have plenty of time on them.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

There annoying but greater demons are the last of your worries think waterfiends in the CT.

Having said that there nice to have with fire giant and similar tasks.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I think it took at least a full minute before they would trnasform or start attacking you. So unless you were at the KQ, you'd have plenty of time on them.

Not quite...would happen to me all the time at greaters, etc.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

The Maze is the worst.

Crappy rewards and a big waste of my time. Why would you need such an elaborate random event to see if people are botting? You don't.

I don't know about you but I always finish the maze around 70% and I usually end up with great rewards. I cannot quite remember but sometimes the amount of deaths it has given out makes it well worth the time. Besides its a lot more fun than picking a snack or solving a lame puzzle.

The Maze is the worst.

Crappy rewards and a big waste of my time. Why would you need such an elaborate random event to see if people are botting? You don't.

I don't know about you but I always finish the maze around 70% and I usually end up with great rewards. I cannot quite remember but sometimes the amount of deaths it has given out makes it well worth the time. Besides its a lot more fun than picking a snack or solving a lame puzzle.

Agreed :roll:

I don't know why people hate maze, i rarely even get 70% ( bad luck + me = Lag on maze =\), but i always get good rewards :D

I donno, steel dragons, + fire bolt with low mage level...

Also, the maze is so linear its not funny, theres no such thing as getting lost because the game tells you if your going the wrong way.

O.O

Also, the maze is so linear its not funny, theres no such thing as getting lost because the game tells you if your going the wrong way.

The whole point of the maze is to get out without any help and it tells you when you go the wrong way :lol:

I got about 60K worth of rewards from the maze last time I got it (nats, deaths and coal). It is time consuming but worth it ;)

disturbeda.png

Well, i dislike that too, but we all know how Jagex likes to bubble wrap newbs, so... i'm not really surprised...

I don't mind, so won't complain or "rant."

But when they updated the Random Events back in May or whenever, it was nice update compared to the older Random Events.

So Jagex "improved" something that most people hate and hardly like anyway, Lol, so don't wanna complain.

I love Jagex's "Improvements" !

van_sig.png

Speaking of random event annoyances, I hate the probability of getting one. It's ridiculous! If I SUCCEED (Which is a good thing?) I get LESS random events, but if I FAIL (Bad thing, right?) I get MORE. Why not give a choice after completing an event of whether you want the rate to drop or not? Sure, people will (sort of) farm randoms, but it makes no sense. I like doing them. So, why in the world do I get less if I'm GOOD at completing them?

Maybe make it so that you can't choose a "valuable" reward if you don't want the rate lowered? Like if you choose 3 ranarrs (example) or 2 snapdragons (example) the rate lowers, but if you take, say, a costume or 300gp (Who'd do that, anyway?) the rate doesn't change. Maybe make the values linked to the GE, if that's even possible, rather than high alch. I think charms + exp lamps would count as valuable, though.

Hm. I'd sure like it if something like the above was implemented.

OT: Agreed. Here I am killing an aggressive monster/monster with aggressive ones nearby, I FINALLY get them non-aggressive, and WHAM! another 15 minutes or whatever is thrown out the window.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

I agree with Quelmotz that they aren't quite as annoying as they were before. Oh my god, before you couldn't fight anything for five minutes without some idiot NPC showing up. I'm fighting a monster, I can't talk to you...I can't talk...oh great, thanks bread lady! Now I'm way back in Falador because god forbid I kill a monster.

I haven't seen her, I don't know if they got rid of her, but I sure do hate her.

She's still around, but very rare now that she's a teleporter.

Anywhere with several aggressive creatures was bad. I've been teleported because I would get attacked repeatedly. I prefer being teleported at the start of the event over at the end of it.

The Maze is the worst.

I always get decent to great rewards and usually get between 50 and 70%. But I do agree that it is kind of annoying being told not to go that way.