Mother Gaia: An In-Depth Manual to Farming

Zaaps1

Will add that too :)

extremely good guide, like wow!

but im not sure if been posted already because theres a fair few of them but

when you talk about farming randomly going just running around maybe doing slayer

i think mushroom spore will be good to add as its techniacly on the route from bank to slayer tower its also very close to slayer tower (slayer ring teleport)

im not sure on there xp however havnt done farming since i got and that was a while ago

tenebri.png

That's true, although if you are farming bushes you will be doing mushrooms in those runs, so while you visit during slayer you wouldn't be able to harvest them anyway.

Little pro tip for when you are farming papaya (and you'd be stupid not too IMO, great xp, cheap protection, and the fruits give a lot of your investment back, esp with ent):

Bring karamja achievement gloves and talk to Del Monti (on your way to calquat) for free pineapples. You get 40 (noted), which is nearly enough to cover all of your protection.

Yes! Very good! I'll add that.

• 2 weeks later...

I just changed my spirit tree to Miscellania. Why? Because I started to oncorporate bush trips in my herb runs (well, every few of them since bush grows slower) and both the fairy tele and new miscellania scroll are slow ways to reach the patch.

For the Brimhaven tree however, there's the new chipped house tablet which is an excellent replacement!

I'm not sure if it's the BEST set up, but it's a very viable alternative.

Mm, I'll see exactly how I'll work that in.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a good sign :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

One question, and I don't know if it's mentioned in the guide, but can plants get diseased even AFTER they have finished growing? I always use supercompost, if that helps.

This is something that I really want to know, as my farming on Singha is only 30 (lol) and I don't really get that much playtime.

Great guide, by the way! :thumbsup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Thanks! :)

Plants cannot get diseased after they are fully grown.

Just so you know, in your herb profit calculator, there is currently an error where your Lantadyme herb is coming up as 14.1 rather than 14.1k, skewing the calculation for profit/run.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Er, crap. I'm not really too good with those calcs, and I have no idea why it's doing that. Can someone help me with this problem?

Er, crap. I'm not really too good with those calcs, and I have no idea why it's doing that. Can someone help me with this problem?

At the end of the formula you have *1, you need to change it to *1000 as you have for snaps and torstol.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

At the end of the formula you have *1, you need to change it to *1000 as you have for snaps and torstol.

:thumbup:

Fixed

For herb runs, Im always on ancients/lunars usally what would be the best way to get to the herb patch in trollhiem if you can't use trollhiem teleport. I have been skipping it for herb runs, should i just skip it if im not going to be the normal spell book?

Go to the Relleka Slayer Caves, via Slayer Ring or Fairy Ring, run north a little and you'll see a small rocky path going eastward. You'll come to a pile of rocks you need climbers to cross. After that, there's a fork in the road where one path branches directly north. Take that path and enter the cave. You'll be in the Troll Stronghold torture room, navigate to the main room from there.

It's 1-2 minutes longer, but hey, better than missing the patch.

Should I start farming ranarrs right away? Thanks to trees I've improved my farming to 34, but is there a set level when I can farm ranarrs effectively? I plan on doing Ghosts Ahoy too for the Port Phasmatys patch.

Also I'm waiting till after exp weekend is over, if that helps.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Are you referring to the fact that higher farming levels increase overall crop output?

If so, there is no critical level, since the difference is so small.

The Objectives Log says that it does. If so, it's probably an incredibly small boost since I've neither seen nor observed anything to suggestion that higher farming is significantly better than lower farming in terms of harvesting herbs.