Mother Gaia: An In-Depth Manual to Farming

Zaaps1

Hmm, that is an interesting idea. I wouldn't think it's too efficient, however, considering the possibility of all those spirit weed seeds, etc.

I wish though! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice guide, as usual, Zaaps! I have used this guide the last few weeks, and it's really helping me on my way to 99 farming :D

Just a few things i'd like to add:

1. You have misspelled Trollheim 9/10 times. It's supposed to be Trollheim and not Trollhiem.

2. Although I see that you have thought about it when designing your farm run, you never mentioned that you want to get rid of runes as soon as possible (it might be that i have missed something, but in that case, this should be put so people can see it more easily). In my setup, I use house tele for the Taverly tree and Ardougne tele for the Ardougne patch, so I do those before I do for example Cabbage Tele and Ectophial, in order to get more inventory space.

Skjermbilde2011-03-14kl124724.png

Thanks, will get those into my guide when I can.

One more thing:

On the bush runs, you can use the Fremmenik sea boots 2/3 to jump from the docks to right next to the bush patch, saving you some time and run energy.

(I will stop harassing you with things to add soon :P)

One more thing:

On the bush runs, you can use the Fremmenik sea boots 2/3 to jump from the docks to right next to the bush patch, saving you some time and run energy.

It teleports you to Miscellinia?

One more thing:

It teleports you to Miscellinia?

It gets you to the bush patch faster if you used the fairy ring to teleport there.

[quote name='troacctid' date='24 June 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1277407765'

It gets you to the bush patch faster if you used the fairy ring to teleport there.

I use it for the daily teleport to relleka and then I just run to the Misc sailor. Then I use the boots to jump over.

That takes far longer though. Anyone who is farming that patch should have access to fairy rings. I know not everyone has a slayer ring, but glory works.

This is not what I originally said. I tele to Miscellania using the fairy rings, and then using the shortcut between the pier and the bush patch. I estimate you save about 20 seconds on your run (not thoroughly tested, but a rough estimate)

Also:

I can confirm that you do get your seeds back from trees with the scroll of life effect, even though you pay the farmer to chop it down for you.

Oh wow there's a shortcut there now? Never realized. Thanks for pointing that out!

• 3 weeks later...

Added that, Regi, sorry for the wait.

Also touched up the guide in light of two new updates, FTP3 and Love Story.

Completely reworked the Ticks section to be more accurate.

Ahh, a very helpful guide indeed. Definitely useful.

There are a few things I'd like to ask though. In your section on the "ticks," I was surprised to hear that if you log, the timer for that "tick" resets. For the longer plants, such as trees, fruit trees, and calquats, does the "timer reset" affect the major stages, or the invisible substages you mentioned? Some clarification would be helpful, as I'm not sure whether me logging out to take a break will offset my calquat, say...2 hours. I know it will affect the timer in one way or another, I just wasn't sure on the severity of the delay.

Also, do you know if the Amulet of Nature notifies you of your plant's progress only if worn, or just as long as you have it in your inventory? I would much rather slay with a fury, than an Amulet of Nature.

Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it. Excellent work on the guide.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

I'm glad it was helpful. To answer your questions.

1) Logging in only resets the progress by a couple of minutes, so it likely won't play a very big role if you just log out a few times. However, you must realize that if you do something like runite mining, where you must constantly hop worlds, that the growth time will greatly be extended. Logging out to take a break won't make any significant impact.

2) You must wear the amulet to get automatic notifications. However, when it's in your inventory, you can talk to it and find out the status of the bound plant. So check on it every few minutes and you can keep the fury on :)

Ahh, thank you very much. I was hoping that logging would just affect the sub-stages, rather than the visible stages. And yes, I found out the hard way the amulet must be worn, thanks though. Still better than running to a patch to check, and be hit or miss.

Thanks again.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Did about 15 deliveries for the gnome food service,got either 9 or 10 pods as a reward(about 4 rewards in total).The total xp from them is enough to get 20 farming ,from level 1, without the need to plant anything.

Might want to mention that.

Are they difficult to get?

Damn it, Tif keeps glitching again.Can't see when there's a new post in a topic in which I've posted.As I said earlier I did 15 trips or so, got 38 pods(9,10,10,9) as 4 rewards.A hard delivery lasts about 3 minutes, using all the proper teleports.

Added both and credited.

Oh, lol, which one do you want?