Mother Gaia: An In-Depth Manual to Farming

Zaaps1

I don't know if this helps, but I'll share a tip that I've been finding helpful! :)

At Taverly, after I'm done replanting the regular Tree, I run west to Bettamax and purchase 1 Juju teleport spiritbag (you just have to bring an additional 2,000gp with you on your Tree runs) so I can teleport to the Herblore Habitat and plant a Fruit Tree.

Utilizing this, I've been able to get an extra Fruit Tree into my runs, for very little added time or cost. A lot of people don't find this to be worth it, but as someone who hasn't done the Elf quest storyline, I don't have access to the Lleyta Fruit Tree patch, so it makes up for that patch I'm missing!

:)

Edit: Oops! I've just seen your post saying that you aren't adding Herblore Habitat updates yet. But still. :P

Edit2: I've also found a small coding error that maybe occured when we switched forums..? It's in section 6, Tips & Tricks, in the Summoning section:

For more information, visit the Tip.It Summoning Guide here: <!-- m -->http://tip.it/runescape/?page=summoning_guide.htm<!-- m -->

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Thanks guys. I'm a little busy this week/weekend so next week I'm going to add everything new into the guide.

• 3 weeks later...

There's now a faster way to reach the calquat patch. Using a Tai Bwo teleport scroll (buyable on the GE for around 1k each) you teleport right to the patch, saving you loads of time. Also, after the Prisoner of Glouphrie quest, you can have 2 spirit trees. That way you can have one in Brimhaven and one on Misc, making both tree and bush runs faster. I'll post my bush run time when my spirit tree grows (my record is currently 2:25 :D)

I'm quite curious on how you managed that insane herb run record. Were you on lunars, did you do both flowers and herbs and when did you start the time? I can't manage to push my time under 5:20 on normal mage, so I am amazed by that record of yours.

Skjermbilde2011-03-14kl124724.png

Sorry about no updates guys. It'll happen soon, I promise. Thanks for all the feedback; I will add it when the guide gets updated.

As far as the herb record, I use Lunars and the fastest teleport to every location. The record in the guide was used including flowers, although I no longer farm them (you cannot farm all 7 herb patches with 1 dose of farming potion if you also farm flowers).

There are 2 herb patches at Herby Habitat. One is on the island with the god jadinkos.

There are 2 herb patches at Herby Habitat. One is on the island with the god jadinkos.

I get a message saying:

"you can only plant _____ seeds in herb patches."

When I try to plant non-herblore habbitat seeds there.

I get a message saying:

"you can only plant _____ seeds in herb patches."

When I try to plant non-herblore habbitat seeds there.

Yeah the idea is to plant herblore habitat seeds there. Of course, if you don't have any of those, going to the 2 additional patches is completely pointless and you might as well farm flowers.

As you might be aware of, after Prisoner of Glouphrie, there is a gnome glider right by the tree gnome village fruit tree patch. Many seem to believe that this is faster than duel ring to MA, spirit tree to inside the maze and then elkoy. Therefore, I decided to do some mythbusting, and these are the times for my tests. Note that I tested on a slightly slow connection using a mousepad on my laptop, so you can definitely do much faster than this.

Results:

Duel ring to duel arena and running to the glider (spent a few extra seconds on finding the glider guy in the stronghold): 32 seconds

Glory to Al Kharid and running to glider: 40+ seconds

Duel ring to MA and spirit tree to the village: 33 seconds

So these tests don't revolutionize anything, but may be worthwhile noting, none the less.

As you might be aware of, after Prisoner of Glouphrie, there is a gnome glider right by the tree gnome village fruit tree patch. Many seem to believe that this is faster than duel ring to MA, spirit tree to inside the maze and then elkoy. Therefore, I decided to do some mythbusting, and these are the times for my tests. Note that I tested on a slightly slow connection using a mousepad on my laptop, so you can definitely do much faster than this.

Results:

Duel ring to duel arena and running to the glider (spent a few extra seconds on finding the glider guy in the stronghold): 32 seconds

Glory to Al Kharid and running to glider: 40+ seconds

Duel ring to MA and spirit tree to the village: 33 seconds

So these tests don't revolutionize anything, but may be worthwhile noting, none the less.

So it's not too big of an improvement, then?

If I may, can I ask you to time how long it would take to:

a) Village fruit tree patch -> glider -> stronghold -> stronghold spirit tree

b) Village fruit tree patch -> village spirit tree -> stronghold spirit tree

I would like to see which of these two is faster and I have the feeling it's still B.

Unless you want to knitpick about saving 3 seconds max with the duel ring -> glider method, they are not worth using, certainly not worth editing your guide for.

I did the tests you requested, and added a third method - my own. Instead of running back inside the maze, I tele to MA again and to directly to the stronghold from there. These are the times:

a) Village fruit tree patch -> glider -> stronghold -> stronghold spirit tree: 45 seconds

b) Village fruit tree patch -> village spirit tree -> stronghold spirit tree: 30 seconds

c) Village fruit tree patch -> MA tele -> stronghold spirit tree: 15 seconds

I forgot to mention that these times naturally don't include actually harvesting and planting the patch, only the travel times between the patches. As you can quite clearly see, my method is superior ([/brag]).

Also, my bush run record is 1:50 now (checking health, harvesting and replanting all 4 bushes) :D

Thanks. I plan to do a mass edit to my guide sometime this week, so I'll probably throw this in.

Speaking of JuJu pots...I got 32 Torstols from 5 patches, while under the influence of a JuJu Farming potion, at 94 farming. The next two runs were 43 and 44 Torstols from 5 patches. Good to know my JuJu pots are working GREAT.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

• 2 weeks later...

With the Trollheim graphical update, the route to the herb patch changed quite drastically. This is the fastest route:

11hx7ko.png

From the teleport spot, you go south, then west to the cliffside shortcut. From there you go west, down the little ramp and then down the cliffside shortcut. Then you go slightly west and straight north to the cave entrance. Once you're inside the cave, it's as it has always been.

The shortcuts take twice the time, but overall I think it's slightly faster.