Sumona or Lapalok

Promise

Not sure who I should use, but I keep getting mixed stories about them both, so I figured I'd make a thread asking for advice instead.

I will be using range and range only. I also wanted this to be a way to collect a stock pile of charms. My current slayer level is 72, and I can use NPC contact, will I be able to talk to sumona using it?

So, which slayer master would you suggest, and please give some sort of explanation, thanks!

-Promise

I can't answer it all, but Sumona gives more tasks that you can use a cannon for and you CAN use NPC contact to talk to her.

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

If you know how, you can range most-all of Lapalok tasks. Sumona's are easily cannonable, but the exp you get and the charms aren't that good. NPC contact isn't need that much as you can slayer ring to sumona and Karamja Gloves 3 to Lapalok. And on most task alching items helps.

Thanks for the help, finished my task of 115 hell hounds with range, got about 60k exp. <3:

Now I tried sumona, got 145 banshees. I should probably unlock the ones in the slayer well? lol

If you done the quest they should be unlocked already. Its only the other 4 monsters that you need to kill the bosses for.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Thanks for the help!

I haven't trained slayer in months, so I'm a bit rusty. But yes, I've completed smoking kills.

Sumona's tasks drop more green charms?

Yes, most of sumona's task drop greens. I notice that a good majority of Lapalok's drop crimsons. Mainly higher level tasks though. Let me show you a bank pic of my charms.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

Typically I would say Duradel if you are over 100 f2p combat. It's just the best exp you can get as well as charms too.

Even though you are only using range I would still go with Lapalok since you want a good amount of charms in the process too. The tasks will be long and boring but this is the path we chose lol (I say we because I am slaying to 99 ranged atm)

Apparently, my signature was to big.

090811011855.png

I got these since i hit 88 summoning. Its been about a month or 2 of slaying. I'm real bad at paying attention to how long i play. But all those come from Duradel so you can get the idea.

GWD:

Typically I would say Duradel if you are over 100 f2p combat. It's just the best exp you can get as well as charms too.

Even though you are only using range I would still go with Lapalok since you want a good amount of charms in the process too. The tasks will be long and boring but this is the path we chose lol (I say we because I am slaying to 99 ranged atm)

Not sure about your level, but lapalok is a pretty bad slayer master for my level. Getting slayer points from is just too slow for me.

He also gives monster that are hard (and sometimes slow exp) to kill, such as:

black demons, mithril dragons, goraks, warped terrorbird, waterfiend

Unless you can deal with these fairly fast, or else only lapalok for your 10th.

Completely up to you.

Personally I switched over from Sumona to Lapalok a month or so ago and have never looked back. I've been having a good run of tasks all of which apart from 2 tasks out of about 12 would have been easy to range.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Sumona is much better for range if you aren't a cannoner (I wasn't, and used Sumona to get to 99 range).

She gives tasks like turoth and kurask frequently, and both can be killed quickly and cheaply with broad tipped bolts. She also gives cave horrors (great money!) and they are terrific to range as well.

Lapalok is the best melee master, although he's been giving me a really hard time of late.

stormveritas.png