11th August 2009 - RuneScape Machinima Competition

Pie Naple

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this one isn't an entry to the contest. Still one of the better RSMV out there. Too bad it isn't updated to the new graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGP7OtI7tfQ

Why am I posting this? Anyone thinking of doing a Thriller RSMV for the contest might want to think again. Unoriginal.

Doesn't matter what people do aslong as its well made and constructed, I mean dressing up as bob or, Sara Guthix, Zammy yes unoriginal but it's just hooking the audience for 2 mins.

the problem with thriller is its length.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

We should make a tip.it video and raffle the prize :thumbsup:

That'd be cool but it's near the deadline and organizing lines for hundreds of people would be impossible. It's still interesting to think about though ::' .

Still something we could, anyway. Just to show how awesome we are here at Tip.It! \'

I think it'd be nice. :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

check out my entry 2 the machinima guys :)

o kewl u can embed

[yt]4DBuU2WnonY[/yt]

we have a new worst entry! :D

Nah, it can be worse but still. Misspelling "contest", "blue", "gray", and having using paint for special effects (you can see the pointer lol) is not exactly professional.

Wow. Most people suck at this stuff.

OT: Has anyone seen the Adolf Hitler video on tehnoobshow's youtube profile? It's probably the funniest thing he has uploaded.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Wow. Most people suck at this stuff.

OT: Has anyone seen the Adolf Hitler video on tehnoobshow's youtube profile? It's probably the funniest thing he has uploaded.

That's been all over the net, I saw it in many other videos before that was on his channel, been on sports fans things as players leave etc, so it was eventually going to end up as a rs fans edition

Someone's sarcasm-o-meter is broken I think. :P

Damn, do people really spend this much time (and jagex's time) to try and be funny? Lame.

Well, if I see most of the submissions, I think a lot of people do it.

Or it are noobs, that could also be the case.

If anyone wants a winning idea... use the Whistle Stop song from the cartoon move Robin Hood. This is the first thing that came to my mind when I thought about it, so if anyone wants to steal the idea go ahead lol.

Basically starts of listening to one of those musicians in game that restores your energy faster, and when the song says, "Well, we folks of the animal kingdom, have our own version. It's the story of what really happened in Sherwood Forest." Then the video zooms in and goes into some sort of dream state. Then a little dream-story happens incorporating animals somehow (animal masks?) where Guthix creates Runescape and Zamorak tries to destroy it. Perfect 2 minute short. :thumbup: For some reason when the song speeds up at the end... I instantly thought of a bunch of people in those Tribal Masks jumping around and chasing Zamorak out of Runescape. So you could have Saradomin appear and summon some Tribal Masked people that chase Zamorak away?

If I had the resources and skill to do this... I would.

Here's the song link if anyone actually cares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVD1OlqtZvY

I wonder who draws the short straw to get the job of watching all the videos.

Make the start interesting to get people hooked, most i get bored within say 10-20 seconds and turn it off.

What I mean is, the staff will probably judge it by the first say, 20 seconds if it's not good, onto the next one.

I've watched them all so far, from my perspective only 2 so far with enough quality, although we're waiting for the big guns to come out, Excl, Den, and other video makers that are good without adding more filters or effects than George Lucas.

I think we'll see some unknowns that impress though.

I like that one. Not too bad.

Man, I would love to do this contest. Only problem is I have never ever done a Video in my life and I think its a little too late to learn. I have an awesome idea. There's just no way for me to transfer it this medium. :cry:

I like that one. Not too bad.

Man, I would love to do this contest. Only problem is I have never ever done a Video in my life and I think its a little too late to learn. I have an awesome idea. There's just no way for me to transfer it this medium. :cry:

I'm exactly the same way, spent 3 days toying with ideas, made the opening sequence which isnt even rs related atm, just the introduction had problems with encoding took me around 10 hours of smashing my head against the wall to figure it out lol ;)

I only like that one because I like pokemon. But personally, I know I could do a better job (with editing and special effects); but if I used that idea I wouldn't feel original, so I won't make a video like that.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98t_wihDMQY

Another nice one, good editing effects etc, something I'll never be able to do can be enjoyed in any language because it's got no real audio or words in it so that could be a competeter in my opinion.

That was brilliant :P Made me laugh all the way though, excellent choice of sound effects and music.

Orc.png