Guide to KBD Mithril Dragons and Brutal Greens

ghjkl

In Runescape, there are many types of dragons, from greens to blacks, from bronze to mithril, all unique, and all can be potentially great money makers. Some dragons, like greens and blues, are killed more often than others, like the Brutal Green Dragons. This guide will hopefully help you learn how to combat some of the more difficult dragons. There are high requirements, but there also could be high rewards.

[hide=Gear]Since the equipment for killing most dragons are very similar,I will post them here to avoid cluttering up the guide with the same picture over and over again. Some of the gear can be expensive, but when they are, I will try to note some cheaper alternatives.

Ranging Outfit:

j8yypz.png

Void Range>Armadyl>Karils>Black Dragonhide

Fury>Glory>God Stole

Rune Crossbow>nothing

Acculmulator>nothing

Antidragon Shield>Dragonfire Shield (Dragonfire gives negative range attack bonus)

Ranger Boots>Snakeskin Boots

Archers Ring/Ring of Wealth/Ring of Life

Bolts: Will be discussed in the appropriate section. Usually either broad, adamant, diamond (e), ruby (e) or rune bolts will be used. Rune can be used in place of adamant/broad if you can afford them, and sometimes over diamond (e) considering they are cheaper.

Void ranged gives a really high boost (about 10% better than Black Dragonhide Armour), and I really recommend getting it for all serious rangers, and not just for range training. The rune crossbow is the weapon of choice for ranging dragons. Not only is it 1 handed allowing for the all important anti-dragon shield, but it gives a high range bonus and bolts hit hard.

Prayer:

vse1yx.png

Helm of Neitznot>God Mitre

Fury>Glory>Stole

Dragonfire Shield>Anti-Dragon Shield

Whip/Leaf Bladed Sword (depends on the dragon)

Proselyte>Monk Robes

Dragon Boots>Rune Boots

RFD Gloves>Combat Bracelet

Fire Cape>Trimmed Skillcape>Obsidian Cape

This setup should be used for dragons where you have to use prayer, but you wouldn't get damaged anyway, such as iron or steel dragons. This method also works to an extent on the King Black Dragon (KBD). This setup is meant to maximize attack bonuses and prayer bonuses, while sacrificing defense bonuses which are not needed.

Magic Defence:

okz7lk.png

Helm of Neitznot>Berserker Helm

Fury>Glory>Stole

Fire Cape>Trimmed Skillcape>Mage Arena Cape

Dragon Boots>Rune Boots

Whip/Leaf Bladed Sword (depending on dragon)

Dragonfire Shield>Anti-Dragon Shield

Karils>Black Dragonhide>Armadyl

Berserker/Warrior/Ring of Wealth/Ring of Life

This setup aims to provide a balance between magic defense, prayer and attack bonuses. It is useful for many dragons, especially those which prayer will not completely protect you, such as Mithril Dragons and the King Black Dragon. You need the prayer for Protect from Melee and possible Piety.

Zamorakian Spear/Godsword

29gebt3.png

Helm of Neitiznot/Verac's Helm

Fury>Glory>Stole

Bandos Chestplate>Guthan/Torag's/Dharok's Plate>Verac's Brassard

Bandos Tassets>Verac's Plateskirt

Zamorakian Spear/Godsword

Dragon Boots>Rune Boots

Berserker/Ring of Wealth/Ring of Life

This setup emphasizes melee defence, prayer, and attack bonuses. This setup is VERY dangerous to use, as you need to pray mage ALL the time (except against irons/steels), and keep antifire potted ALL the time or there is a large chance of dieing. This method can be pretty much used against any dragon, and the kills will be extremely fast, but again, it IS dangerous.

Verac:

14bnho8.png

Full Veracs>none

Fury>Glory>Stole

Dragon Boots>Rune Boots

Berserker Ring/Ring of Wealth/Ring of Life

Again, as with the Zamorakian Spear/Godsword method, this is very dangerous but results in fast kills.

super_antifire.gifextreme_attack.gifextreme_strength.gif

The new high level herblore potions that Jagex implemented can also be extremely helpful to your dragon slaying adventures, especially the super antifire potion. This potion prevents all dragonfire damage, rendering the anti dragon shield or dragonfire shield useless. This means that the Veracing Method and Zamorakian Spear method has become much more useful. Please note however, that not that many people can use them because they are not tradable, and are not necessary. Replace all the respective potions with the extreme varieties if you can make them as they help very much. [/hide]

[hide=King Black Dragon]2lb0qqb.jpg

The KBD is the only 'Boss' Dragon around, meaning there is only 1 spawn on it per world. This means that it will be very hard to find a world, if it is possible at all. If you're soloing, avoid Lootshare worlds, as they will all be basically full of teams. Excluding that fact, the KBD can yield in very high profits, I can solo 20-30 an hour, yielding 150k in drops guaranteed. Along with the number of rune longs, adamant plates, iron arrows, blood runes, and yew logs, in an average hour I can earn 300k. Lower levels can probably earn around 150k-200k just soloing, and of course there is a chance that a 20m visage might be lying on the ground after it drops dead.

Getting There:

2vnfg9s.png

The Black Route is the way most people would go to the KBD. First, teleport to the Wilderness Crater and go southeast to the wilderness obelisk. Keep on activating it until you reach the obelisk pictured, and go east to the lesser demon cage. Go down the stairs and pull the lever.

The Red Route is for those who can cast the teleport to Ice Plateau. Teleport there, then run southeast to the lesser demon cage, go down, and pull the lever.

The Green Route is for those who can summon a Lava Titan. Teleport to the Lava Maze by interacting with it, and run to the cage, go down, and pull the lever.

Gear:

All of the gears described above will work at the KBD, and I have personally seen all of them work great. Just pick whatever one you are most comfortable with. The prayer method results in less cost in prayer potions, but more cost in food over the magic defence method. The 2 handed weapon methods result in high costs and short trips, but also fast kills. The ranging method is really cheap, but can sometimes be very slow too.

Always bring a beast of burden full of food if you aren't using a lava titan, and if you are teaming, consider bringing a healing familiar too.

Ranging Inventory and Strategy:

69nmf9.png

Soloing:

The KBD has 4 dragonfire attacks, a regular one, one that poisons, one that lowers stats, and one that freezes you. Praying mage DOES NOT help defend against the attacks. I recommend using Ruby Bolts (e) for the first half of its life and switching to Diamond Bolts (e) for the second half. The ruby's special ability deals 20% of a monsters hp, but also damages you for 10% of your hp. Against the KBD, this often means high 40s to 30s until you switch to the diamond bolts. The bolts cost a lot, but makes the kill very fast and is worth it. When arrive at the lesser demon cage, drink your potions and pray eagle eye. Go down and pull the lever, and start attacking, repotting every 2 kills and eating as necessary.

Teaming:

Bring double of each of the potions, which will allow you to stay longer. (You really don't need the extra food for teams). I would recommend praying Hawk Eye instead of Eagle, which will save double the prayer at only a 5% decrease in ranging power. Drink antifire, antipoison, and a ranging potion dose when it says your antifire is running out. If you get crashed, either try to fight them off or hop if it's hopeless.

Meleeing Inventory and Strategy:

2zdtbpt.png

Soloing:

Pot up before entering the lair, and pray melee if you are using a whip (which is better than a leaf bladed sword in this situation), or mage if using Verac's, a Godsword, or a Zamorakian Spear. Also pray piety/chivarly if you can. Keep antifire potted at all times, or you can be hit constant 30s without an anti-dragon shield. The best special weapon IMO are the Dragon Claws, hitting high and accurately. The next best would be the Saradomin Godsword, then the Dragon Mace. If you need to eat, step under the KBD and eat so it doesn't hit you when you are eating. If you are frozen, take that opportunity to eat without wasting.

Teaming:

When teaming, you should consider bringing double the potions than soloing to stay longer. Also, consider not pietying if you aren't being crashed or competing against another team, as that can drain your prayer really fast. If you get crashed and are hopeless in getting kills, definitely hop instead of staying longer. Good luck getting a visage![/hide]

[hide=Brutal Green Dragons]35a3skn.png

The Brutal Green Dragons, which reside in the Ancient Cavern along with Waterfiends and Mithril Dragons, unlike the KBD, are rarely hunted, which means no crowds while you stab or range your way to riches. They have 3 attacks, a melee attack which they will only use if you are in melee distance, a dragonfire attack and a magic attack. All of the methods that will be described can earn from 300k an hour at low stats to up to 450k an hour profits, just from the dragon bones and hides. (Note that they drop 2 hides per kill, unlike the 1 hide per kill regular green dragons drop)

Getting There:

2du0ard.png

Teleport to the Barbarian Outpost using a Games Necklace. From then on, you can either bank your games necklace by using the deposit box to the east, or drop it. Then follow the black line to the whirlpool. Climb down the stairs and you are there!

Gear:

The best way to kill these dragons is using 2 handed weapons or ranging. The whip FAILS here, and praying mage with an antifire potion will COMPLETELY protect you from their dragonfire and mage attack. If ranging, take an unholy book instead of an anti-dragon shield if you have 1, the extra range bonus and prayer bonus really helps, and the anti-dragon shield is not needed. If meleeing, either use a Zamorakian Spear on stab or Verac's on stab. You can also try a Godsword but I don't personally like it.

1z6s17t.png

I would recommend bringing broad bolts to kill Brutals, because they are cheap and the Brutals don't really have that high range defense. After you jump into the whirlpool, pot up and pray mage and hawk eye, which really helps with kill speed. Stand from a distance and you shouldn't get damaged at all. Bring a beast of burden to bank more bones and hides, no matter how low your summoning level is, but remember you can't summon it before you enter the whirlpool. At 91 range I can kill 57 dragons an hour, including banking, meaning 40k range exp and around 400k-450k in profits. (gf aviansies) You might be able to get 45k at 99, and maybe 35k and 320k-380k in profits at 80 range.

2j34rwk.png

Meleeing is another alternative to ranging the dragons. For meleeing, I strongly recommend you either use Verac's on stab mode or a Zamorakian spear on stab mode. They both give around the same kills per hour, so it really depends on what you have. For a special weapon, the Saradomin Godsword is the best one, followed closely by the Dragon Halberd (remember to put it on stab when speccing). Pot up after you enter the whirlpool, and pray mage, and go down and start attacking. The only attack you will be taking damage from is their melee attack, and you won't be taking much. 20 pizzas/monks should be enough for 10-15 kills. This method can get 60-62 kills an hour, 45k melee exp, and 400k-450k in profits at 99 attack/strength. With 85 stats, you can probably get around 35k exp, and 300k-350k in profits.[/hide]

[hide=Mithril Dragons]3313t4j.png

Mithril Dragons are the best dragons for people looking for 'luck' drops. Not only do they drop the Draconic Visage, they drop the Dragon Full Helm, worth around 15m. You will also get tons of bones and 3 mithril bars per kill (if you have space), lots of charms, blood runes, and rune battleaxes. They are level 304 with 254 hitpoints, and have 4 attacks, a range attack, mage attack, melee attack, and a dragonfire attack. If you are in melee range, they will not use the range attack. These are one of the tougher dragons, about as hard as the KBD to kill.

Getting there:

They reside in the same dungeon as Brutal Green Dragons, simply use a games necklace to get to the Barbarian Outpost, run south, jump into the whirlpool, and go down the stairs. Then go a bit southwest until you find a set of stairs. Go up it and you are there. I don't recommend the dragon next to the stairs however, as other dragons can attack you while eating. Instead, use the dragon north of the stairs.

Gear:

The best gears for these are either the magic defence gear or the ranging gear, depending on whether you want to melee or range. Verac's and a Zamorakian Spear works fine, but trips will be much shorter, so take 2 prayer potions instead of 5. Mage prayer DOES NOT defend against their dragonfire attacks, so when using a spear, I recommend Karil's with melee prayer instead of melee armour with mage prayer. Still pray mage while veracing. These result in faster kills but more banking, and I don't find the kills that much faster.

igeuef.png

For ranging Mithril Dragons, Ruby/Diamond bolts are the way to go. Although they are rather expensive, rubys can hit 50s at the beginning of the battle, and diamonds can penetrate their high defense fairly often. Take the best healing familiar you can, make sure it's not summoned before you jump into the whirlpool or else you can't. Pot up every 2 kills, go into melee distance, pray melee and eagle/hawk eye, and attack away. Step under the dragon when you are at low hp and eat to the highest possible with waste. This method gives me 5-6 kills a trip and 10-12 an hour.

b3peur.png

For meleeing Mithril Dragons, take basically the same inventory as ranging, but bring the respective melee potions instead. In the picture, I have a dragon dagger for me special weapon, but I don't recommend using it until you are 95+ attack. Other special weapons include a dragon mace, AGS/BGS/SGS, or dragon claws. Pray melee and piety, and step under the dragon when you need to eat. With Verac's, I can get 2-4 kills a trip and 6-12 an hour. With a whip and a dragonfire shield, I can get 5-7 kills a trip and 10-14 an hour. With a Zamorakian Spear, I can get 4-6 kills a trip and 10-15 an hour. I recommend using the spear if you have a task, because you can usually finish it in 1 trip and the black mask really boosts its accuracy. Good luck getting a visage/dragon full helm/chewed bones![/hide]

d00d why not go kiall purple dragons, my freidn zezima sed they drop purple partyhats, im going there now to make money, add me and u can come to. mabye if u kill dem enough u get to become a m0d

lol, sarcasm

No seriously great guide, pretty useful for newbs, I guess, or hardcore dragon killers

patr1ckotg1.png

What method is faster

Zamorakian Spear/Godsword or Veracs

I think godswords would be faster on Dragon's

and veracs faster on metals

I would say Godsword because it has high attack which can lead to incredibly high damage, and possibly fast kills.

[hide=Accomplishments]65 Fishing (Swordfish gloves) - July 29, 2009

Rune Defender - August 15, 2009

My Dream Armor(P2P) - August 18, 2009

Slayer Helmet - September 19, 2009

75 Attack (Ability to Wield GS) - October 17, 2009

100 posts in Tip.It Forum - October 25, 2009

80 Strength - December 12, 2009[/hide]

[hide=F2P/P2P Stats and Goals]Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png[/hide]

"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they can make up their minds."

-Wilt Chamberlain

Actually the Godsword is only preferred if you don't have a spear. The spear DOMINATES the godsword on everything, except maybe the KBD. The Godsword does have a nice special and prayer bonus though.

Sorry I haven't updated the guide in a while, but I've been kind of busy. If anyone has transparent pictures of the kbd/brutal green, I would be happy to use them. Also, give me suggestions of stuff to add because i dont really know what else i should add.

Good guide generally :) Since I have killed quite a lot all of these. I decided to tell my own opinions. I kill them almost always by using ranged since I find it better.

First off, you could mention that all these dragons are also great charm droppers, especially KBD for crimson charms. I personally soloed over 1k KBDs mostly to get pretty fast charms in profitable way.

2nd general thing: it's very useful to pot up before leaving bank. Take a doses of sarabrew, normal restore pot, ranged pot (or pure set for meleeing) and antifire pot. In this way I don't need to waste a dose of super restore in beginning of the trip when boosting defence and hp with sarabrew before starting to fight. If you don't need extra hp switch sarabrew+restore for super defence dose and for brutal greens leave it out.

3rd general thing: Oog'log spas are useful for each of these: prayer boost, free healing and hp boost. They are pretty easy and fast to access nowadays with Mobilizing armies teleports too.

Gear:

From my own experience I would recommend using full armadyl over void knight range at both KBD and Mithril dragons. Against brutal greens I'm not sure which is better (haven't tried void there for some reason :/)

Amulet of ranging is better choice than fury. Added accuracy makes kills faster which is not only good time wise but also saves supplies. Thus defence and prayer bonus losses are justified. And of course imbued archer ring beats normal archer ring ;)

I don't use ruby bolts at mithrils and kbd myself. Spec is too rare in my opinion and diamond bolts hit better than them without specs. It's a more costly in that way of course.

In my opinion, best special weapon for ranger at kbd and mithril dragons is enhanced excalibur. "Free shark" between every 5 minutes is something hard to beat.

Brutal Green dragons:

Good and simple. I don't usually take prayer pot though, instead I just teleport out and bank after prayer points run out. I don't know which one really is better style, up to personal preferences I guess.

KBD:

Range is better for soloing unless you have black dragon slayer task (If having slayer helm/black mask they are about equal in speed). At 99 range I have usually won my fights against maxed meleer's. Generally I recommend staying in close range and praying melee. This makes KBD to hit you with his meleeattack causing less other attacks that would damage you. If you are competing kills with someone (or duoing) there is no reason to do this. Using fast spawn world like w2 is definitely worth it too. Crashing occurs there more often so it's more important to be nearly maxed if doing so. Little lag won't make you die here.

I have tried many styles there using beast of burdens, healer and fighting familiars. War tortoise strategy worked quite fine but didn't do really much that for some reason. Later when i hit 83 summoning I started doing it a lot with lava titan. It didn't only give me teleport but also did damage it did was really helpful especially when competing kills with someone.

After 88 summoning I tried unicorn there, didn't like it. Yes its healing helped but also caused to leave a lot loot on ground which wasn't nice :( Neither was juggling supply. Also, its healing alone wasn't enough to keep me healed so couldn't take just empty inventory for loots either. So in summary unicorn for solo kbd was simply annoying.

Nowadays if I go solo it I use yak and take this kind of supply:

090310181738.png

Actually nowadays I switch some pineapple pizzas for brews and super restores to drink when it's time to drink range pot. In this case I need also extra yak pouch, though. This is my style for using pots at KBD:

- I start potting after this appears: "Your resistance to dragonfire is about to run out"

- If I'm at around 60 hp or so I drink 3 doses brew, 1 dose super restore, 1 dose range pot and finally 1 dose antifire pot before resistance has ran out.

- If I have almost killed dragon when that text appears I try to kill dragon before starting potting

- If I'm at too high hp to drink 3 brew doses I wait until resistance runs out, then drink antifire pot, wait a bit more until I get lower hp and then start drinking brews

If I do get crashed by someone who is doing slayer I rebank, come back quickly with lava titan teleport and then switch to steel titan to anticrash world back to myself.

Mithril dragons:

Ah, my own long time favorite dragons. Killed totally around 1,5-2k these and got many of my 90+ range levels there. Also got this once too

080807060944.png

Who says that Firemaking is useless skill? ;) It was worth 50m when i got it.

But more seriously, these are familiars I have used there/use nowadays.

- Spirit terrorbird: Store all loot into it, including mithril bars. Once it gets full and your inventory is full too, teleport out. Very economical way to kill these and doesn't require using much prayer potions or food and pouch is practically priceless.

- War tortoise: same as with terrorbird. I don't recommend using it since extra 6 spaces is not worth the pouch cost.

- Bunyip: Familiar that already makes extra long trips possible. Using it does require a lot effort, though. You have to juggle drops and supplies a lot! I remember getting 30-40 kills per trip when my levels were like this:

levelso.png

[hide=part of my own Mithril dragon guide that I never finished.]Inventory

All pots are 4-doses and mixes 2-doses.

2 sara brews

2 super restores

2 ranging potions

2 antifire pot

1 antifire mix

10 prayer pot

1 prayer mix

2 bunyip pouch

1 games necklace

4 tuna potatoes/manta rays

1 doses of sara brew, restore pot, ranging pot and antifire pot. (Replace empty/half empty pots by tuna potatoes before teleporting)

This is exactly the inventory that I use and that works for me. If your levels are higher, switch antifire mix to antifire pot and prayer mix for prayer pot. Reason to use mixes is that they give a bit extra healing, 6 hp per dose.

Tactic

Tactic is based on fast killing, good magic defence and bunyip's healing.

Stay in meleerange, use protect from melee and eagle eye prayers. Eagle eye is reason to bring 10 prayer potions instead of less them and more food. By using it you will kill dragons that much faster that you won't need as much food as you would need without it.

Summon bunyip when you are killing first dragon. After that try to always keep your hp under your max hp so that bunyip healing capacity is not wasted. This doesn't mean that you should stop praying if you are at full hp :) Instead it means that don't eat your few foods before you really have to (=you are at 30hp without need to drink a dose of sarabrew for defenceboost yet).

Same thing occurs with mix potions too, use them when you are at quite low hp and need some healing but otherwise save them until there is real need.

Take sips of sarabrew, super restore pot and range pot after boosted skills (defence and range) have dropped down to about 7 below theirs potted maximums. This may, however, vary a bit. If you have taken more damage than usually, take boosting sips earlier, especially if being on early half of the trip. As well if you have some spare food due to shark drops you can let them go down a bit longer than usually. Also, always try to drink them immediately after they have dropped down by 1 naturally, just to get full use of boosts.

And still one thing: Avoid drinking sarabrew if it will get your hp to its maximum or over it. Well, it doesn't really kill you if it does but it wastes some potential bunyip healing.

You will have to recycle drops you get between ground and inventory, even when killing dragon at the same time. Sometimes I keep even more than 5 drops on ground at time image], so be ready for it :) It may feel a bit inconvenient but is necessary. About first 15 dragon bones you have to bury, though, but other drops never have to go waste. Just keep everything at same spot, drop item, click to attack dragon, drop another item, click to attack dragon again, pick 2 items, attack dragon, drop items you just picked, always attacking dragon so that you don't lose your turn in battle. If there are more than 2 same kind of items on ground (like 6 sharks) it's easiest to drop more than 2 too, so you don't have to think what of them you already picked.

Somewhere on later half of trip you should check if you are going to run out of prayer or out of food first. If answer is prayer, stop using eagle eye and go just with meleeprotection. If you are low on food instead, you can start using steel skin prayer and start drinking stat boosters earlier.

Sometimes you will still have plenty of food left at the end but no prayer (those lovely sharkey drops :)). In this case just kill a few dragons without prayer, staying out of meleerange.[/hide]

- Fruitbat: Might be good for staying there long but requires too much effort since you don't have free inventory spaces and long respawn times. Haven't used myself

- Ice/Moss/Fire titan: Haven't used so can't say how good they are. Expensive anyway.

- Unicorn: With 99 range, magic, hp and defence and wearing full armadyl I can basically stay there for as long as I want to without food usage. Usually I take 2 unicorn pouches, 2 sara brews, 2 super restores, 2 ranging potions, 2 antifires, 1 or 2 emergency shark and rest prayer potions. Now I can't remember whether 2 was enough or did I need 3 of them.. Anyway, generally very comfortable killing but dealing with drops is a bit pain and leaving all those mithril bars on ground hurts me too. Trip length depends a lot on what boost prayer you use. Fastest kills with eagle eye or longer trips with lesser boost prayers or no prayers. I use always eagle eye myself just to make sure that unicorn healing alone is enough. Sometimes when i'm having too many food drops I step away and kill it a while without protection prayers just so that food doesn't go to waste :P

- Pack yak: This is familiar I'm always using there nowadays. I store drops into it until it gets full and after that I just bank everything I get with scrolls.

My inventory:

090712202805.png

Should be self-explanary how I use all those pots.

Shoulda just wrote another guide :lol:

For KBD, it really just depends on your stats. I melee it faster, even with the nooby whip method :? , becuase I'm maxed melee and only 91 range. Also melee is cheaper, and range depends more on luck from ruby and diamond specials. Meleeing also allows piety which gives much more boosts than eagle eye, and super pots>range pots too. It still all comes down to a matter of preference. I would not recommend using a pak yak there, unless it teams where you can beg for the hides/bones ;) . Lava titan lets you use cheaper supplies like monks instead of pizzas, and eliminates the need for prayer potions altogether if you are good enough.

For mithrils it depends on preference for either a healer or bob. I take a healer because I don't really care about the mith bars, I just want the d bones and I usually have space. Taking a healer also means longer trips, because you go from 3-6 pizzas a kill to 2-4.

Typo when talking about the routes to get to the KBD.

Also it's possible to take a full BOB into the whirlpool, just take an extra pouch and keep your games necklace:

1) Go infront of the whirlpool, dismiss familiar.

2) Enter the whirlpool, drop however many items your BOB had in it.

3) Teleport back to the barbarian outpost with your games necklace.

4) Pick up your old familiar's items by the whirlpool.

5) Enter the whirlpool, summon your BOB, and fill it.

6) Pick up the items you dropped.

quit

Maybe should have written but didn't feel like doing so :D As such my text would be too incomplete to be a real guide and it also looks stupid if there are a lot of guides about same topic :P

Reason why I use only Diamond bolts at mithrils and kbd and not rubys at all is that getting (fast) kills is less luck based. I was often killing them to half hp without speccing even once when using ruby making it useless. I admit ranging is more costly but still I prefer it over melee. My first 99 combat skill ;)

And hey, pietying makes prayer to drain faster than using eagle eye! It balances cost a bit! (oh, don't mention meleer can use prayer boosting armour for slower prayer drain without losing much offencive power whilst ranger cannot, i'm joking here :P)

Yes, preference questions after all :) Just wanted to tell my style (that's better in my opinion :P)

By the way, Yak is really useful for banking loots in case you get crasher(s) when soloing. It also makes longer trips possible than Lava titan/healer and somehow I prefer longer trips at KBD for some odd reason. I often ended up getting almost all loots without using supplies and wouldn't have liked leaving those all on ground instead of banking.

Mister_moocky, isn't that kind of a waste?

That time shuffling probably takes longer than 2 banks. I haven't tested it, but if it is I'll consider adding it.

Btw I can't find the typo, is it something to do with capitalization?

The Green Route is the way most people would go to the KBD. First, teleport to the Wilderness Crater and go southeast to the wilderness obelisk. Keep on activating it until you reach the obelisk pictured, and go east to the lesser demon cage. Go down the stairs and pull the lever.

The Red Route is for those who can cast the teleport to Ice Plateau. Teleport there, then run southeast to the lesser demon cage, go down, and pull the lever.

The Green Route is for those who can summon a Lava Titan. Teleport to the Lava Maze by interacting with it, and run to the cage, go down, and pull the lever.

quit

Remember to mention that when ranging brutal green dragons, you do not need to use an anti-dragon shield as you are already praying mage and using an antifire potion, which will negate all damage from dragon breath.

Etecoon.png

I would use verac for kbd and brutals because of high defence and prayer.

Spear is best for mithrils and kbd if you got a slayer task.

Godsword I find is equal to spear on everything.

Ranging isn't 2 handed and melee/range is a matter of preference.

Since Mith dragon breath is not blocked by magic prot.

Which is better when Zammy Poking, to pray maigc with bandos or pray melee with karils (which I am using)?

And c'mon its not THAT dangerous haha.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Mage prayer DOES NOT defend against their dragonfire attacks, so when using a spear, I recommend Karil's with melee prayer instead of melee armour with mage prayer. Still pray mage while veracing. These result in faster kills but more banking, and I don't find the kills that much faster.

It's not the danger involved that I don't recommend it (bleh idfk how to say that), but its because its a lot of hassle banking for only marginally fast kills. Unless you like banking course. Seeing constant 40s is nice though.

If you look in my gear section on ranging, it says that void is better than black dhide ;).

On my tests I did use 10% range prayer, but if you are low level range I believe using 15% would be a bit better.

• 2 weeks later...

Decent guide.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6