Wow, VERY impressive! DIY accounts look like so much fun once you get into the later levels!

No offence, but LOL.

It's not fun at all, I used to have one, and got so sick of not trading. I quit it, now I wasn't very high at all. But still.

When you're beginning and your levels are 45-50 it's easily one of the most frustrating things in the game to not be able to trade. But once you work through that and get your account to high levels like he did, I'm sure it's very fun. He's just playing the game to have fun, what's wrong with that?

indeed. thank you ;p it wasnt so bad at the lower levels cuz i was still a rs newb discovering new things. using green dhide til 70 range wasnt so bad ;p

Itam.gif

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be a DIY when I was F2P, but its just not as fun to me..

EDIT: Impressive actually. I looked at your Bank pic and read that post. I have a few questions though... If you dont mind.

So, you've never traded with anyone, or have used the Grand Exchange?

What will you do when you have no more bank space?

Do you sell stuff to shops? Like junk you don't really need?

Why are you a DIY?

thpikachu.gif

archsupportei2.png

1 of the most impressive things I've ever seen on this forum :thumbup:

wow, means a lot coming from a maxed out rs account, assuming the stats in your signature are yours <3

I used to be a DIY when I was F2P, but its just not as fun to me..

EDIT: Impressive actually. I looked at your Bank pic and read that post. I have a few questions though... If you dont mind.

So, you've never traded with anyone, or have used the Grand Exchange?

What will you do when you have no more bank space?

Do you sell stuff to shops? Like junk you don't really need?

Why are you a DIY?

ill always have bank space (i hope) if i get really desperate, ill start farming again, using up all my herb/tree seeds, and keep on top of herblore, summoning, etc.

i sell items to shops, but rarely do i ever have to. i made over 20k tiaras and 20k bracelets to get 80 crafting, which i just sold to general shop.

and i dont trade because well, its less satisfying for me to trade. if you had ever heard of Blizzard, and their diablo series, its not uncommon to find a person once in awhile who doesnt trade, and thats how ive played my games for like the past 5 years.

i even tried soloing WoW, got to level 25 and quit though haha

Itam.gif

You've done Brunhoff proud :thumbup:

If you don't know who he is, troll rsof.

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

I would just like to let you know, I love you. Seriously.. this morning when I looked at this thread I was like "Wow, that's cool." And then I came back to it now and really looked at your achievements, and it's amazing. In real life, I've used DIY ethics for my music where I promote my band, record my band, etc. by ourselves. So I understand how much more satisfying it is putting in the effort yourself. And in-game, I'm quite the loner since none of my friends play anymore, and I don't easily make in-game friends. Yes, I trade. But I think now I will try to harvest materials myself more often. It makes more sense. So to sum it up, I think your method and perspective of how the game can be played is immense. <3:

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

explain? :S pm me a link or something^^

I would just like to let you know, I love you. Seriously.. this morning when I looked at this thread I was like "Wow, that's cool." And then I came back to it now and really looked at your achievements, and it's amazing. In real life, I've used DIY ethics for my music where I promote my band, record my band, etc. by ourselves. So I understand how much more satisfying it is putting in the effort yourself. And in-game, I'm quite the loner since none of my friends play anymore, and I don't easily make in-game friends. Yes, I trade. But I think now I will try to harvest materials myself more often. It makes more sense. So to sum it up, I think your method and perspective of how the game can be played is immense. <3:

haha thanks man. add me in rs if you get bored/lonely, cuz im usually just slaying anyway

Itam.gif

Why would he troll rsof to learn who someone is? L2correctsaying.

OT: As for my last post itam, don't get me wrong you have a very nice account, and DIYing just made it better. But it just really makes me rage how no one from TIF dares to venture beyond these forums, and are ignorant as [bleep] about everything going on in RS.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

sorry this reply is a bit late about the corp beast, just thought id let you guys know that if im ever in a multicombat area, and another person hits the monster im attacking, i dont take the drop, for that case, i have kalphite perm cancelled for slaying ;p

OT: As for my last post itam, don't get me wrong you have a very nice account, and DIYing just made it better. But it just really makes me rage how no one from TIF dares to venture beyond these forums, and are ignorant as [bleep] about everything going on in RS.

heh, i just started using these forums, which youve probobly noticed considering i had a postcount of like 3 last night.

whats TIF? tipit forums?

ps. quit raging <3

btw heres 75 pages of intense achievments/clue rewards, flaming, etc if you guys get bored fishing or wcing ;p

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showt ... 8998&f=267

Itam.gif

heh, i just started using these forums, which youve probobly noticed considering i had a postcount of like 3 last night.

whats TIF? tipit forums?

ps. quit raging <3

btw heres 75 pages of intense achievments/clue rewards, flaming, etc if you guys get bored fishing or wcing ;p

Yes TIF is tip.it forums =P.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

[hide=]

whats TIF? tipit forums?

ps. quit raging <3

[/hide]

I didn't mean actually troll, I just wanted to use a more interesting word than look at, or search :-#

Don't have a go at me for attempting a mixture of internet sarcasm and difference. (I was so tempted to replace go with troll :lol: )

EDIT:Just saw that you wanted to know, Brunhoff made loads of guides that would fill up the 2k post cap in only a week. These guides were on how to DIY ;)

Though he became a mod and his guide is now stickied.

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

[hide=]

whats TIF? tipit forums?

ps. quit raging <3

[/hide]

I didn't mean actually troll, I just wanted to use a more interesting word than look at, or search :-#

Don't have a go at me for attempting a mixture of internet sarcasm and difference. (I was so tempted to replace go with troll :lol: )

Lurk. As in: Brb, I'm going to go lurk RSoF.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

This is amazing, I have always wanted to try something like this, I find it would give so much more variety to the game, but I just don't have the commitment or time to start over again.

hot stats ^^

Itam.gif

You know, you've kind of inspired me; if nothing interesting happens to me in the game in the next month or so, I may just make my own DIY account. :P

lol <3 add me and lmk how you do if you ever make the account^^

5th pair of dboots from getting KC up since i started sara godwar running a few days ago^^

11hfpxk.png

Itam.gif

So are dboots pretty much useless to you though? Since they only have like 8k shop price and 12k high alch. Same with things like whips, mystic, ect.

[EDIT] Btw you should edit your first post since this is now a popular "Rate This" thread. Put your stats, bank picture and any other pictures you have provided on this thread on the first post.

So are dboots pretty much useless to you though? Since they only have like 8k shop price and 12k high alch. Same with things like whips, mystic, ect.

[EDIT] Btw you should edit your first post since this is now a popular "Rate This" thread. Put your stats, bank picture and any other pictures you have provided on this thread on the first post.

extra dboots, whips, mystic items useless? never! :| i alch all the mystic drops i get. top/bottom alc for like 70k, its pretty hot.

as for dboots/whips/clue rewards, etc, i keep in bank ,it makes my account worth more in gp, which is satisfying, even if i cant do anything with it.

when im maxed out combat i may pvp, who knows. id have tons of dboots/whips, etc to play with

although if i pvped, i wouldnt pick any drops up, other than statues, which id keep a collection of ^^

and ill see what i can do about editing my first post after im done at sara gwd^^

Itam.gif