Microsoft banned from selling Word in the USA

Guy

Glad I got word before this. Wow. :|

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

What are they gonna do, yank it off my computer?

You can keep it if you've already bought it, but they're not allowed to sell new copies.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

What are they gonna do, yank it off my computer?

You can keep it if you've already bought it, but they're not allowed to sell new copies.

It's only effective in a little less than 60 days. I suggest that you go ahead and buy Word while you can if you don't already have it.

What sucks is that my school will probably delete Word from all their computers thinking that it's illegal. Then, they're going to replace it with some inferior program that takes a while to load and is hard to use. :thumbdown:

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

You'd be surprised at the quality of free alternatives out there.

I tell you if schools stopped paying for Windows products and bought Open Office-- oh wait it's free! They'd have a helluva lot more money to spend.

That depends whether the school computers have enough RAM to run the JavaVM all the time while doing other things (like using IE which also consumes more RAM). Then they have to either upgrade each computer or just stick to Word.

Disclaimer: I can't remember if OO launches the full Java program or just bits and pieces, but I do know that's what most of the software is coded in.

Pasty.png

Intresting to say the least. I have open office and I like it. Only thing I need now is a power point system for my computer, the I'll be set 8-)

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I tell you if schools stopped paying for Windows products and bought Open Office-- oh wait it's free! They'd have a helluva lot more money to spend.

The whole reason they use it is because alot of jobs will require you to use Microsoft Office. My friend wants to get into video editing for a company, they told him that he has to be able to use a certain program on a Mac. If I wanted to get into photo editing alot of places would require me to be qualified in using Photoshop.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I got office 2007 free at uni. Guess I should download it again and burn it to a CD :-D

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

My school did that. And then expected their students to complete a PowerPoint class without having the PowerPoint program. Plus the computers are complete crap and can't run it and whoever installed it limited the size of its cache so you can't open any templates. imo Open Office is crap and needs at least a few years to get up to par. I was more angry about the fact that the school will pay for a site license for PS (when GIMP is just as good and almost identical) but not for MS Office which is pretty much required knowledge when you get a job in any sort of business.

OO isn't crap, from you just wrote the school tech admin butchered the install by limiting the software.

And, if the computers can't run OO, that just makes me think the computers are [cabbage] too. How old are they? Specs?

Even my pc from like 15 years ago can run OO, granted it is slow as hell, but it still runs.

OpenOffice is free, Windows compatible and lighter/more efficient than Word. It also supports all formats Word does. There is no reason to pay for a commercial version.

Amen.

OO isn't crap, from you just wrote the school tech admin butchered the install by limiting the software.

And, if the computers can't run OO, that just makes me think the computers are [cabbage] too. How old are they? Specs?

Even my pc from like 15 years ago can run OO, granted it is slow as hell, but it still runs.

I run OOo on my 11 year old laptop, runs decently.

And speaking from experience, PS blows GIMP out of the water in just about everything it does except for price.

C2b6gs7.png