Combat or Skills?

TubbyMcFee

I was wondering if it's easier to get 99 is a combat skill(Att, def, str, mage, range) or a skill(crafting, construction, herblore, etc.) By easier i mean cheap, and takes the least amount of time. I understand combat can be cheap as long as you get the right equipment, and that skills may be expensive to get to 99, but they can earn you the money back fast. So any suggestions?

EDIT: I might not have been clear enough ;)

By easy i mean what takes the shortest amount of time. And if there's an answer to what skill to train, i'd like some training suggestions too.

Tubby_Mc_Fee.png

I believe that it's not how easy a 99 skill is achieved, however it's how long it will take to achieve 99 in a skill. Experiment as see which skill takes the less amount of time to level it up, and then of course, getting it to level 99.

[hide=Accomplishments]65 Fishing (Swordfish gloves) - July 29, 2009

Rune Defender - August 15, 2009

My Dream Armor(P2P) - August 18, 2009

Slayer Helmet - September 19, 2009

75 Attack (Ability to Wield GS) - October 17, 2009

100 posts in Tip.It Forum - October 25, 2009

80 Strength - December 12, 2009[/hide]

[hide=F2P/P2P Stats and Goals]Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png[/hide]

"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they can make up their minds."

-Wilt Chamberlain

Well cooking and fletching are probably the easiest ones, and both are very cheap and fast.

If you have money maybe consider ranged for a combat? Or if you like sc and skills then crafting, con or smithing?

Melee stats are medium 99s imo, same sort of difficulty as wc or hunter.

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Well once you have all the charms, summoning is fairly fast. Also Hunter is fast, really fast. If you try i hear you can get 1-99 in 5 weeks.

As for the other combat stats, they very depending on what the others are. With low attack and str you're gonna get lower rates.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Combat or Skills?

Why not both? :thumbsup:

I was wondering if it's easier to get 99 is a combat skill(Att, def, str, mage, range) or a skill(crafting, construction, herblore, etc.) By easier i mean cheap, and takes the least amount of time

Well from what i can tell combat would be faster and cheaper as a means of something like Soul Wars, Pest Control and Slayer. Combat makes profit and there is somewhat an essence of variety. Whereas skills like Construction and Herblore take time, a lot of money.

tl:dr (lazy)

Skills take less time but more Money. Combat possibly more time but less money.

I understand combat can be cheap as long as you get the right equipment, and that skills may be expensive to get to 99, but they can earn you the money back fast. So any suggestions?

Yes. Slayer is a pretty decent way of making money/charms/clues (which can lead to good rewards)

I mean, think about it. If you are 60 Slayer and you slay to 85, you not only open up a good way of making money (camping demons which is semi-decent) but you get a butload of Charms and Clue Scrolls. Who knows, you may even get Third Age from a Clue Scroll. Rare, but lucky and rewarding. Usually if a skill takes 50M to get to 99 chances are its not going to make it back after 99 anytime soon.

Example: 99 Construction. Costs 70M+ (not entirely sure) Once you hit 99. not many ways to make it back. Unless your Gilded Altar you charge 10k per person entry. :ohnoes:

By easy i mean what takes the shortest amount of time. And if there's an answer to what skill to train, i'd like some training suggestions too.

Short time: Skills. Skills are unique because basically the best thing to train on is the closest available. But cost a lot.

With combat its not so unique because you can train on a monster than you may or may not be able to defeat. Like a level: 100 on Lesser Demons.. Then later training on experiments.

Hope this somewhat helped.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

If you're just looking for a fast and cheap 99, I understand that thieving goes very quickly and costs next to nothing.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Well cooking and fletching are probably the easiest ones, and both are very cheap and fast.

If you have money maybe consider ranged for a combat? Or if you like sc and skills then crafting, con or smithing?

lol not only is it cheap to 99 fletch last i checked u make 17m getting it, but it was b4 the big rise in everything

A slaYer KiD.png

Effigies: 5

draconic visage: 1

If you're just looking for a fast and cheap 99, I understand that thieving goes very quickly and costs next to nothing.

I made 2m from thieving, and yes it's 250k exp/hr after 91 thief.

Well once you have all the charms, summoning is fairly fast. Also Hunter is fast, really fast. If you try i hear you can get 1-99 in 5 weeks.

As for the other combat stats, they very depending on what the others are. With low attack and str you're gonna get lower rates.

5 weeks is slow, but you can get quicker ;)

It's not overally fast, 120kexp/hr I think.

QFT

Tru dat

With theiving you earn approx 5M, and it took me only 8 days from 65-99 :P Also, the cape is alot more respected then fletching, cooking and firemaking. Oh, and it looks awesome ;)

Ooh another member of the club 8-)

lol not only is it cheap to 99 fletch last i checked u make 17m getting it, but it was b4 the big rise in everything

17m, pssh never. I heard you can still make money from 99? Why did I get it right after skillcapes came out: The price surge in materials soared! :wall:

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Fletching, cooking, firemaking and thieving are all quick 99's. Combat skills take longer, but are worth it in the end. When you get 99 thieving/firemaking/cooking/fletching you'll be saying...Now what? If you get max combat skills you can solo gwd, go corp. beast and do basically anything in that category, and it's a lot of fun. It requires more work, but it definitely pays off.

PS: get max combat skills off slayer; you'll be kicking yourself if you train combat via other methods :ohnoes:

disturbeda.png

[hide=]If you're just looking for a fast and cheap 99, I understand that thieving goes very quickly and costs next to nothing.

I made 2m from thieving, and yes it's 250k exp/hr after 91 thief.

5 weeks is slow, but you can get quicker ;)

It's not overally fast, 120kexp/hr I think.

QFT

Tru dat

With theiving you earn approx 5M, and it took me only 8 days from 65-99 :P Also, the cape is alot more respected then fletching, cooking and firemaking. Oh, and it looks awesome ;)

Ooh another member of the club 8-)

17m, pssh never. I heard you can still make money from 99? Why did I get it right after skillcapes came out: The price surge in materials soared! :wall:[/hide]

ok im wondering wat is the way u got 99 theive? is it from pyramid plunder

A slaYer KiD.png

Effigies: 5

draconic visage: 1