itam's HC diy'er thread

Do you get 1-2 Dragon Boots every kc? Gl on gettings sara hilt :thumbup:, do you get your Adamantite Bars for bolts from Aviansies?

no, but when i start doing arma gwd (if i ever do) then that would be godly source of bars. but atm i have like 2k coal in bank, so i server hop the addy rocks under gnome stronghold tree.

some kcs i get no dboots :( only four kcs ive gotten 2 dboots ;o

Itam.gif

Out of interest, how do you actually make the cash? Is it all just monster drops?

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Awesome account. I could never do that because I have horrible patience! I did blue and black bodies for 99 crafting because they were faster than green at about 3x the costs... so doing everything yourself must be tough!

Keep up the good work and I will continue to follow this blog.

peace,

Vann

Just wondering but would you ever consider selling all that stuff after a while? Like when you are going to get 99 prayer :P

i dont think that he will. he's lasted this long, it'll be a shame to see it go to waste

thpikachu.gif

archsupportei2.png

I must say, you are quite strong for being able to do this.

As a skiller, I unfortunately would have an extremely tough time trying to go purist DIYing, but I try to utilize multiple skills through my training and all that. Major props.

NO MERCH - NO PEST CONTROL - NO SOUL WARS

Lowest combat (only sub-90) on the TIF high scores list

mr_ph3r.png

8inagility.jpg

mr_ph3r.png

I must say, you are quite strong for being able to do this.

As a skiller, I unfortunately would have an extremely tough time trying to go purist DIYing, but I try to utilize multiple skills through my training and all that. Major props.

the way i play kind of forces me to be a skiller ;p if i want mad cash for 99con/summon, id have to get 99wc through yews and alc yew longs which would give me 99 wc /fletch.

99fishing for mass gwd runs/slayer

99mining/smithing for 90+ crafting for fury

etc etc^^

Itam.gif

you should try to solo bandos again. with sharks, tortoise full of sharks, whip/dfs i can get 2-3 kills a trip with 90 att 91 str and 90 def. I was getting 1-2 kills per trip with the same set up at 85 87 85 when I first started to solo bandos.

Good luck with sara and bandos!

peace,

Vann

P.S. If you ever want to duo LS arma/sara/zammy let me know (would offer for bandos, but you cant get a world)

you should try to solo bandos again. with sharks, tortoise full of sharks, whip/dfs i can get 2-3 kills a trip with 90 att 91 str and 90 def. I was getting 1-2 kills per trip with the same set up at 85 87 85 when I first started to solo bandos.

peace,

Vann

P.S. If you ever want to duo LS arma/sara/zammy let me know (would offer for bandos, but you cant get a world)

<3 well you see...bandos > me thats all there is to it. even if i got lucky enough, id only get 1 kill, which isnt worth 40shark -_- ill just wait til sgs or 99def :P whichever comes first. i really dont want to lvl str/att til i have bandos top and bottom to slay with though :( maybe ill have to get 90 att/str before i can do bgwd :S

i dont ls/cs though, but if you ever want to show me how to pwn kree without getting melee'd, ill come help you get a few kills, drops will be yours ofc. msg me on rs sometime^^ itam 69

Itam.gif

Kree only melees if she is not being attacked and potions do not delay your shooting if you time it right, drink as soon as your character raises their crossbow, then right-click and attack kree asap. But if you use food rather than super restores + brews you can't do that, and I'd imagine they are a pain for you to get. Just run away from kree between shots I guess, making sure you attack her again quickly so she doesn't follow you, and hope for the best. Minion order should be mage, then melee, then range, praying range throughout, so if kree spawns you won't get kod. Plus I find range the most accurate of the minions.

quit

Kree only melees if she is not being attacked and potions do not delay your shooting if you time it right, drink as soon as your character raises their crossbow, then right-click and attack kree asap. But if you use food rather than super restores + brews you can't do that, and I'd imagine they are a pain for you to get. Just run away from kree between shots I guess, making sure you attack her again quickly so she doesn't follow you, and hope for the best. Minion order should be mage, then melee, then range, praying range throughout, so if kree spawns you won't get kod. Plus I find range the most accurate of the minions.

thanks <3 yea arma is gonna have to wait til 81 herblore i guess. but by then ill hopefully have 1k+ nests^^

Itam.gif

[hide=Quotes]

peace,

Vann

<3 well you see...bandos > me thats all there is to it. even if i got lucky enough, id only get 1 kill, which isnt worth 40shark -_- ill just wait til sgs or 99def :P whichever comes first. i really dont want to lvl str/att til i have bandos top and bottom to slay with though :( maybe ill have to get 90 att/str before i can do bgwd :S

i dont ls/cs though, but if you ever want to show me how to pwn kree without getting melee'd, ill come help you get a few kills, drops will be yours ofc. msg me on rs sometime^^ itam 69

[/hide]

Bandos isn't really that difficult. To save food if he chain ranges you just walk under him ( refer to Toast's guide on solo bandos). He can be tricky because sometimes he will NEVER range and you can just pwn him and other times he will 35-35-35-35 you...

As for kree, I don't solo. #1 My range/def fail and #2 don't feel like dealing with his melee attacks.

Good luck with killin Zil... I don't like soloing her either, but mainly because I have terrible luck there (13 SS and 0 Hilt with teams in well over 1k kills) but she doesn't seem like much of an issue for you with all your solo SS's..

Keep it up.

peace,

Vann

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to turn my current noob pure that i rarely actually play into one of these, however i have a problem...

I have almost 1.4M cash that i don't really want to waste but then by buying stuff i wouldnt really be earning it, so i was wondering if you could help with what to spend it on that wouldnt really affect me (Don't want to buy things like armour/weps but i wouldnt mind buying a bit of food + pickaxe/hatchet etc?)

On topic : As i suppose you can tell i like this idea, i hope you keep up with it + add me ingame? :)

<-------------- Username

ive read through this whole thing as i am just amazed at your patience it would kill me but to each his own

great job and keep it up

to eli... you could buy summoning shards for later on unless you are keeping a pure diy acc... also use it for manage thy kingdom unless that doesnt count as diy either

or buy seaweed for crafting from the seller just some ideas i could think of gl too the both of you

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Just wanted to post saying that this thread is really sweet, and I think it would be very fun to play your way. However I have one little question...did you REALLY get all of the summoning 2nds without trading anyone at all...? That seems a little farfetched to me. Also..do you like, alch all of those D boots or what?

Good luck on making your own SGS from self-gotten drops. Thatll be awesome.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Just wanted to post saying that this thread is really sweet, and I think it would be very fun to play your way. However I have one little question...did you REALLY get all of the summoning 2nds without trading anyone at all...? That seems a little farfetched to me. Also..do you like, alch all of those D boots or what?

Good luck on making your own SGS from self-gotten drops. Thatll be awesome.

i collected the dboots. i collected the ingredients for summon pretty easily tooo, tons of bird meat/raw beef. herblore ingredients are harder ;p

Itam.gif

currently working on getting fury amulet, dont plan on stopping til i get it either :S

goals :

-110k gold ore mined from craft guild

-smith/craft the gold ores into gold bracelets

-get 2.7mil tokkul for onyx gem

-get dragon pickaxe when newbs quit camping the [bleep]ing place all day and night long. fml

i currently have enough death/fire runes to get 700k tokkul..

also iso some suggestions on getting tokkul, other than camping fire giants, or crafting runes(last resort will be crafting death runes and selling for tokkul)

heres my progress so far^^;

n1zfiu.png

Itam.gif

Aye for some stupid reason they removed the karamja gloves 10% discount and changed the price to 3m tokkul or whatever :|, that's what.. 10 tokkul per fire = 8-9gp per fire = 0.85gp/tokkul = 2.55m cash if you was to buy it or in your case 200k+ fires >.