Strikers in Lumb basement?

HexiledRazz

In W99, there are always people casting a strike spell in metal armour on the spiders in the basement of lumb castle.

I'm not sure if it's the same in other worlds, but why is this?

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I also see people doing that in any world I go to. I asked one of them once and they said it was for xp but I thought you didn't get xp for not doing damage.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

They're afk training. Try to kill the spiders to annoy them.

I heard 35k xp overnight as an xp estimate.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

Really just seems like a small amount of xp to get possibly banned for.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

It's on almost every world. It's impossible to actually hit the spiders with the right equipment, so they do so for afk magic experience overnight or what have you. I don't know why they do so, since it's only like 13k/hour. I don't know why they use wind strike, when fire strike would double the experience. I don't know why they attack spiders, since any monster that's weak would work, and since spiders are in such a heavily trafficked area.

Randoms now don't come inbetween combat... Right? :|

Correct. You also don't get logged out while in combat. This little method of training is why mind runes sell for their maximum price now, whereas previously they wouldn't sell for minimum.

Most people doing it are AFK, but some aren't as it isn't very expensive training, and is actually decent for those with poor internet connections. The smart ones of the bunch actually fire strike their targets, but the ones who are a little bit slow use wind strike. You gain well over 35k experience per night with fire strike. It's over 10k experience per hour without a doubt, so that's at least 70-90k/night.

It is against the rules if you are AFK though. Impossible to tell if someone is, as people can play with chat off/friends though. They also might just not want to talk to you. It really doesn't do anything to me except make my mind/fire runes sell on the GE, so I leave them be.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

6. What is AFK training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. While you are playing on our games, you must be at the computer. Away-from-keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

Basically people risk a ban for a little bit of mage exp...

signature.jpg

My guide: Ring of Wealth explained

8 Dragon Boots (885 kills, 1/111, with RoW)

angel2w.gif

6. What is AFK training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. While you are playing on our games, you must be at the computer. Away-from-keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

Does falling asleep behind the keyboard count as being Afk? I would be damn well pissed if i got banned because i suffer from narcolepsy. eCFIM;dghhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Sorry, fell asleep for a second there. Anyway you get the point? What if you get bored to the point of falling alseep while doing this?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

6. What is AFK training?

Does falling asleep behind the keyboard count as being Afk? I would be damn well pissed if i got banned because i suffer from narcolepsy. eCFIM;dghhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Sorry, fell asleep for a second there. Anyway you get the point? What if you get bored to the point of falling alseep while doing this?

You either hope that you weren't near any kids who would report you, or plan to simply do this in an area with less traffic. I really don't see why those breaking the rules with this do it in such an open area. :shock:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Falling asleep would most probably cause you to log out.

These guys however have taken precautions to make sure they won't log out, it's clear they want to AFK.

Btw, falling asleep cause of boredom while playing a game? Try getting a hobby instead of playing a game that bores you. :P

signature.jpg

angel2w.gif

6. What is AFK training?

You either hope that you weren't near any kids who would report you, or plan to simply do this in an area with less traffic. I really don't see why those breaking the rules with this do it in such an open area. :shock:

I asked a p mod this question when I was falling asleep while playing. He said its alright as long as it wasn't purposeful.

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

These guys however have taken precautions to make sure they won't log out, it's clear they want to AFK.

Btw, falling asleep cause of boredom while playing a game? Try getting a hobby instead of playing a game that bores you. :P

It's not really any precautions. They attack a monster and can't be auto-logged during combat.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

It's not really any precautions. They attack a monster and can't be auto-logged during combat.

Yeah, but they wear metal armor so they can't kill the monster and those monsters can't even do you 1 damage.

Coincidence? I think not...

signature.jpg

angel2w.gif

Randoms now don't come inbetween combat... Right? :|

Correct. You also don't get logged out while in combat. This little method of training is why mind runes sell for their maximum price now, whereas previously they wouldn't sell for minimum.

Most people doing it are AFK, but some aren't as it isn't very expensive training, and is actually decent for those with poor internet connections. The smart ones of the bunch actually fire strike their targets, but the ones who are a little bit slow use wind strike. You gain well over 35k experience per night with fire strike. It's over 10k experience per hour without a doubt, so that's at least 70-90k/night.

It is against the rules if you are AFK though. Impossible to tell if someone is, as people can play with chat off/friends though. They also might just not want to talk to you. It really doesn't do anything to me except make my mind/fire runes sell on the GE, so I leave them be.

For people who are poor or low connections, I don't see why this exact same method, but in FoG isn't used. You can cast your absolutely best spell, but all for free :roll: