Should the GE be removed?

Atom Smash40

Yes, i think these "Merchanting Clans" are teaching people some bad moral values. I don't know what the exact term is, but this method of money-making is actually illegal. Now of course murder(PKing) is illegal, but that is more obvious than this.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as it was fun to chill in worlds 1 and 2 and sell/buy things, I find the GE to be very convienient for me since I generally can't play as much as I would like to and it makes it easy to get the items I need when I need them so I can spend time doing fun things with the items. It does limit your abilities as a merchant, which sucks, but me, never really being one, it really doesn't affect me much.

I don't like fun, it upsets me.-- Marilyn Manson

Actually it just limits merchanting rare items. With the grand exchange, I find it incredibly easy to get 200-300K/day with barely 3M startup money. And this is playing for a few seconds a day.

Well, I preferred everything prior to the introduction of the Grand Exchange. Even the convenience it has brought has been at the expense of player interaction. I think trade limits exist only to curb RWT and if another way is discovered to limit it then it should be adopted. I heard Jagex were going to review the Grand Exchange in the new year, so with that I hope for some changes.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

How can anyone prefer the way buying/selling was done pre-G.E.? I always hated standing around repeating "selling/buying xxx for xxx". How will returning to that increase overall player enjoyment? While there are issues with the G.E. (like everything else in life), I feel that it was a big step forward for the betterment of the game as a whole.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I would not ever support removing the GE.

There are some items I've bought on the GE that took a couple weeks to go through. Imagine spending even longer sitting outside World 2 Falador spamming "omg buying ___ for (x)k over market value" and bumping a topic on the forums.

It's like Ford saying "You know, I don't like our Taurus. Let's de-invent the car, and go back to horse and buggy."

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I would not ever support removing the GE.

There are some items I've bought on the GE that took a couple weeks to go through. Imagine spending even longer sitting outside World 2 Falador spamming "omg buying ___ for (x)k over market value" and bumping a topic on the forums.

It's like Ford saying "You know, I don't like our Taurus. Let's de-invent the car, and go back to horse and buggy."

Lawl, great analogy. icon_thumbs.gif That just about sums it all up there.

No, they shouldn't remove it. They should make it personal though, so that I don't lag like hell when I'm there <_<

Or they can make multiple GE's. Like, another in Falador, Ardougne, the Wilderness, etc. Maybe even one underground or in a dungeon, or up the skies. :unsure:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

No, they shouldn't remove it. They should make it personal though, so that I don't lag like hell when I'm there <_<

Or they can make multiple GE's. Like, another in Falador, Ardougne, the Wilderness, etc. Maybe even one underground or in a dungeon, or up the skies. :unsure:

Lolz.

Wildy G.E.'s first and only customer...

Welcome to the wilderness branch of the Grand Exchange, sir. Please process your transaction quickly before a Rev...OH NO!!!! RUN! RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

They've already stated that they will not make more than one GE. Besides, theres already tons of way to get to it easily; mine carts, spirit trees, edgeville, varrock teleport. How easy do you want it? Oh, and do you remember the lag of W2 west bank varrock?

Oh, and do you remember the lag of W2 west bank varrock?

Remember it? I logged into W1 Varrock west bank once (pre-G.E. of course) and it crashed my computer! :wall: I was never able to buy/sell in heavily populated worlds.

Lolz.

Wildy G.E.'s first and only customer...

Welcome to the wilderness branch of the Grand Exchange, sir. Please process your transaction quickly before a Rev...OH NO!!!! RUN! RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

Of course, that wildy GE will not count as part of the wilderness. :lol:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 3 weeks later...

Although I have played off and on since 2001, the GE is the worst thing to happen to this game for me. I dealt with it for awhile, but I finally canceled my membership last summer and have not played since. Sure I'll probably return to the game, but only after the inflation is taken care of (a new skill will not solve this).

Well, the inflation may be bad, but there are so many easy and profitable ways to make money. I mean, I used to save up to be poor in Runescape, but now I have too much money than I know what to do with.

I miss free trade so much, but the GE has already been in the game too long to be removed without causing problems.

It is incredibly convenient, but I do miss standing around spamming 'buying full rune 200k' :-(

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

As much as we all miss spamming for hours on end, the GE is useful for buying odd quantities of an item, like 45834 yew logs, instead of having to buy a round number, like 46K, of them.

The game has moved on too far to remove the GE and the GE has become inbedded in the game itself. There are now many players who never even knew RS before the GE. I do find the GE convenient, I have always been rubbish at trading and I am able to earn good money using the GE to sell my wares now.

Having said that, I do miss the smaller trading communities, I never went to the trading worlds unless I was after a large stock of something. But one of my most common hanging out areas was Seers Bank, it used to always be crowded with loads going on. Since the GE, that player evolved community has died and that is a shame.

35cq0q9.png

The GE is now too intertwined with daily Runescape playing that to remove it would be a greater crime than any of the negatives it may have caused.

I remember RS before the GE. It was pretty much a bunch of spamming around, so you could buy or sell something. It was hard to find someone who sold just what you needed.

Nowadays I can search questguides, and buy the items I need in GE without spending too much time walking around, finding someone who could sell the thing I need.

It's true that merchanting is harder. There are a bunch of manipulators, such as "We Fight GE" that chooses an item, wich the clan buys at bulk. They did it with rune nails, willow seed, granite maces and more of that.

I do think that's one point for the pro-removal.

But the easy selling and buying of stuff is a step in the right direction. Taking the GE away would cause too much people to leave the game, even if it satisfied the people who have a gruge against the GE.

Jagex made a good decision to develop the game, and made the game a little easier.

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

It's true that merchanting is harder.

How is merchanting made harder with the implementation of the GE?

The GE helps merchanting in many ways, from providing price graphs, drastically reducing time wasted on buying items, etc etc.

If you're talking about buying stuff at low prices then scamming noobs by selling it at the max price possible, then that's NOT merchanting. That's just scamming and exploitation of other's lack of knowledge about the game.

If you're a legitimate merchant the Grand Exchange is a godsend.

• 2 weeks later...

Taking out the GE would be [developmentally delayed]ed. If you don't like manipulators, or hate the fact that skilling isn't profitable, deal with it. It still is very profitable, you just have to change your methods. If I had to go back to w2, after spending like an hour trying to get on, and sit their saying

"buying d axe 3.1m --Saru Inc--"

or something for like 15 minutes until someone comes, I will go crazy.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

down with ASDA, prices are fixed!!!1111one

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"