Fight Arena Guide - 702 + Safe Spot (2005) (AOW discussion)

Impaler99

You'll be fine, like markkei said, it does get a little scary the first time.. but after you've done it, and gotten past that wall, you'll know what to expect the next time around. I died 5 times, wasted 10 hours on this stupid cave.. oh how I wish we could just skip the 2 hours of fighting and take on ther 702. Well, but now that I have the cape, I kinda want the 702 to be harder :x oh I know that isn't very nice of me.

You'll get your fill of satisfaction once you kill this guy, I guarantee you that.

Don't give up! That's what he wants!

vashygzw4.jpg

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is oresome!!!

as soon as i get 90 hp im going to try this!

oh, are you sure the safe spot is legal? i think the first person to do it used a safe spot which was then erased by jagex no?

well, im still looking forward to it!

siggity siggity shwa

Arghh, died. Was doing pretty well too. Though I couldn't see the life of the boss. Simple switching error. I always get shaky and switch prayers, thinking it's range, when it's magic. I'll get this eventually. Once a day on weekdays, maybe more on weekends. Ugh. It didn't help that my character kept attacking the healers automatically instead of the boss.

well i died 8 times to it and didnt beat it once yet i think i got the record lol

well i keep having truble with the safe spot cuz every time i try lure he wanders off

i keep trying he keeps wandering and eventually jus hits me with 84 on opposite attack of the pray was using

any got tips for luring without it wandering off

enjoi888.png

Don't use the safe spot. It's good if you get it pulled off, but it's trickey and will cost you your life.

Lure the 108's away then run back to the 702, with the 108's bunched up behind you thus making them too far to heal the 702.

vashygzw4.jpg

Well i tried it. It was the second time I had reached the 702. I defeated the final 360 while standing in the correct location, ran and shot him once (even though he was already moving toward me) took a hit for 79 while booking it towards the safe spot. I got there, ate my sharks and sadly, the safe spot proved to be unsafe in this case :P Three or four hits later I was dead. He seemed to be using mage attacks but they went through my prayer so I suppose they were actually range unless going through pray is normal. Impaler, thank you very much for this guide. I will try again to land the spot correctly but could you please tell me where approximately he should spawn if you are standing in the correct spot? The reason I ask for this is becasue I think the safe spot may only work if he spawns in a correct spot which while more likely if you stand in a certain location may not be gaurunteed. Thanks again and hopefully you can answer this for me.

I think the safe spot has been removed because it worked before and now it doesn't.

mahasig95magicho6.gif

Proud co-leader of the Mayhem Makers, Runescape's best pure pking clan

Combat 97 - Str 99 - Att 93 - Hits 97 - Pray 52 - Ranged 95 - Magic 99

I Mahatma I - Thanks Misterxman for the great sig

Safe spot didn't work for me, this happened.

946au.png

P.S. I think that rumour about 90 being the max hit for it is false.

mahasig95magicho6.gif

Proud co-leader of the Mayhem Makers, Runescape's best pure pking clan

Combat 97 - Str 99 - Att 93 - Hits 97 - Pray 52 - Ranged 95 - Magic 99

I Mahatma I - Thanks Misterxman for the great sig

yea, i tried and got to the boss 3 times in a row, that last time, he nailed me for 95 damage, kiling me in 1 blow. i wont be trying it again for atleast a while now....or untill next weekend when i have more time. oh btw, mahatma, how long did you last?

Thanks ekaggen. My main problem is staying calm and collected through the whole battle. Even after 3 times of fighting it, I still can't stay perfectly calm and still get ahead of myself when switching prayer. I'll try not to be so hasty when switching...

I'm not sure you have to really lure the healers away from the boss, since they like healing themselves once I attack them. I could be wrong, though, since I couldn't see the boss' hp from my angle.

I'm off to try it again. However, this time I'll be using Karil's x-bow against the boss instead of the crystal. Hoping the extra speed will really help.

I just beat the boss today, i used the pray switching method (sick of f'ing noobs saying "bug abuse!! you used a safe spot!! blah blah blah!!" even though i didnt :x ) but one thing i found worked well was shooting each healer just once so they would stop healing the boss and go after me but still be alive so more healers wouldnt come, then the boss was free to kill.

Nazgul.jpeg

what is that switching method? is it to put on range all the time and switch to mage when it needs?

It means switching to the appropriate prayer by the boss's pre-attack routine.

The range attack comes alot faster... ppl are getting toasted switching to range too slow.

I'm gonna use the suggestion of always keeping it on range, and then when he does his long pre-attack stance, you know its mage and can switch in time.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Great guide impaler, helped me a ton in getting a cape. The only part that you should explain a little bit clearer is the pre-attack style.

If he is going to use a magic attack. He both of his front legs up in the air as he does with the ranged attack, but he will NOT stomp his feet down. He will put them down as the magic attack hits you.

If he is going to use a ranged attack. He will lift up both of his front legs as he does with the magic one, but HE WILL STOMP both of his feet hard onto the ground. Making a rock fall on your from the ceiling.

The method I used was to keep the protect from magic prayer on, if I saw him stomp his feet on the ground, I switched to protect from ranged as soon as I saw it, then switched back to magic protect.

This monster does not attack as quickly as regular monsters. It gives you time to heal or use a prayer potion, with alot of time to spare to switch prayers.

When the healers come, DO NOT kill them. If you kill them then he just summons more waves. Attack each of the healers so that they become hostile towards you and they won't heal him anymore. Then run about 4 to 6 steps either way except towards that big 702 so that they form a line and only one healer attacks you. Then just keep on ranging the 702 and watching your prayer and hp, eat if you need. The one healer won't damage you much and you'll soon have a fire cape of your own.

wat happens if u dont have full guthan can u use torag?? with

whip and sq

Full Guthan restores your hitpoints that you will lose. You need all your pray and food for the 360's stage of the wave.

You have to get through the 180's with no damage, no food spent, and minimal pray pots used.

And the safe spot I use for hiding from the 180's doesn't work anymore.

He walks right around the corner and those dudes do serious damage.

No way to do it without Guthan, as I see it.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

Is the safe spot gone than?>

The safe spot that worked for me on the 180's doesn't work anymore. I'm assuming they took em all out, or tried.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png