Fight Arena Guide - 702 + Safe Spot (2005) (AOW discussion)

Impaler99

I wouldn't put your life on the safe spot. I tried it out and he was still hitting me. I even tried moving farther away so he would wander off and he still attacked.

Try the safe spot if you can, but don't bank on it. Figure out the correct prayers and turn on auto retal till it's time to kill the healers.

If you keep track of what enemies are coming next (the list posted in other threads is off by one at the beginning and the last two 360s) it's really easy to be prepared and get to the end with full hp.

Just kill the level 90s ASAP standing where others won't melee you and you'll be alright for hp. range the 180s, whether you do them first or after the 360s is really up to you and the circumstance you're in. I found that the SW corner made it really easy to get my enemies (at least the threatening ones) one at a time.

After I killed the last of the 360s I tried the safe spot, but as i said, no luck. So be prepared to use the right prayers. The hit that killed me was 50some, nothing else ever hit me over 30s. I was too set on trying to get in the safe spot to bother switching prayers.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another 2 hours of solitary comfinement with a backpack full of turquoise vials......and i get bashed :(

i was doing really wel, got to the 702 with more pray pots than impaler had left -.-

i was standing in the recommended spot, the 702 spawned behind the hook kinda thing in the wall. i ran out to shoot it and got hit by boulders, ran back in it didint follow.healed to full abd ran out again. the thing is so bloody fat that you gotta be like all the way in middle to lure it :s

i think the other person's startegy might be better by standing on th esouth side and luring to north. you want to be extreme south and run to entrance at north, should get

loading. . . please wait

and it will now stop before it reaches you. will try next time, not gonna do another marathon tonight :\

sig28no.png

Ok, when i said range attack first, i had never tryed to lure.

When i wasnt trying to lure he always ranged first, but it might have been luck.

Whenever i was running, he seemed to do MAGE more often, so i believe that would be more usefull to use when luring.

ALSO i am not sure on the defence needed to wear cape.

ALSO thanks for the pic! I wish it had the name but its definately a nice pic.

Im not sure on when the safe spot doesnt work, but if you go to close it wont, but maybe i just got lucky, im sure in some instances it doesnt work. It is a real pain, its not easy.

Yeah, luring it is the hardest part, i had trouble at first because it was on the COMPLETELY other side of the map, but once i shot it once it followed me basically all the way back and into the spot of my choice.

Hope i answered all questions, if i didnt please ask again.

user1-dark.png

Ok, when i said range attack first, i had never tryed to lure.

When i wasnt trying to lure he always ranged first, but it might have been luck.

Whenever i was running, he seemed to do MAGE more often, so i believe that would be more usefull to use when luring.

ALSO i am not sure on the defence needed to wear cape.

ALSO thanks for the pic! I wish it had the name but its definately a nice pic.

Im not sure on when the safe spot doesnt work, but if you go to close it wont, but maybe i just got lucky, im sure in some instances it doesnt work. It is a real pain, its not easy.

Yeah, luring it is the hardest part, i had trouble at first because it was on the COMPLETELY other side of the map, but once i shot it once it followed me basically all the way back and into the spot of my choice.

Hope i answered all questions, if i didnt please ask again.

It seems that there must be some importance in where it spawns to where you lure it. Just like any NPC it'll only wander so far from home to kill you?

Is the picture you have accurate reflecting where you were when he came? I think my key mistake was standing in the lure spot instead of away from it until spawn and then running to it

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Congrats on getting the capes. :D

Now, when you find that safe spot, you can range him, but he can't range you??

That is so odd.

If he does start throwing nasties at me, do I really have to try to switch prayers before he attacks, or do I just pick one and ride it out?

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Yes, the picture is accurate.

And it spawned on the completely opposite side, i had to lure it all the way.

It will go AS FAR as you want it to, all aroudn the volcano in their, it wont stop as long as you keep it lured, it WILL follow you to the spot.

user1-dark.png

I don't have a Karil's crossbow, could I use magic short and rune arrows? Aside from losing more valuable ammo, will this cause any problems?

I'd better do this while this soon while the safe spot is still there. Safe-ish, anyway.

kindness.png

Yes, the picture is accurate.

And it spawned on the completely opposite side, i had to lure it all the way.

It will go AS FAR as you want it to, all aroudn the volcano in their, it wont stop as long as you keep it lured, it WILL follow you to the spot.

Yeah... that's the problem... it followed me and started maging/ranging me lol.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

i am just curious if i can take out this mofo.. I am 96 hits 99 range... i can walk all over the lvl 360s but i haven't taken enough prayer pots to last me through... I just bought karils xbow i got 2.2k bolts but will that be enough to range the lvl 360s and the 702???

my stats are kinda similar to impaler's... expect he has 1 higher str and 12 def lvls on me... can i take him on?!?! i guess we shall find out tomorrow

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

i am just curious if i can take out this silly person.. I am 96 hits 99 range... i can walk all over the lvl 360s but i haven't taken enough prayer pots to last me through... I just bought karils xbow i got 2.2k bolts but will that be enough to range the lvl 360s and the 702???

my stats are kinda similar to impaler's... expect he has 1 higher str and 12 def lvls on me... can i take him on?!?! i guess we shall find out tomorrow

You don't need strength nor melee. All you need is high hp lvl, decent range lvl which you have, and all the supplies. I ranged my entire way up to the 702 with black range gear, magic bow and addy arrows. I made silly mistakes earlier on and used up too much food and was 1 hit from the 702.

vashygzw4.jpg

I don't have a Karil's crossbow, could I use magic short and rune arrows? Aside from losing more valuable ammo, will this cause any problems?

I'd better do this while this soon while the safe spot is still there. Safe-ish, anyway.

rune arrows and magic short is fine, i prefer it because i only use 300ish rune arrows a trip if i pick up all the way to the 702 (which really doesn't waste time/prayer if done correctly) so it only costs me roughly 200k a trip.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

Wouldn't it be possible to bring your full ahrims and runes and just keep casting Blood Barrage?

You could bring a full inventory of Prayer Pots that way

Hegel.png

hi, i go off and on playing rs and i came back to get the cape... First time i died pretty quickly by 360s (didn't know anything about the monsters) then i went throught the guide, was very helpful. On my 2nd run I managed to get to 702 but ended up with no food and 3 (4)dose prayer pots. Some people said in the feedback that safespot didn't work, so i didnt try it cause i had no food. I was expecting ranged attack so i put pray range and it used magic.. I didn't get hit much luckily, but then i didnt know how to read the spells he was going to use. 702 lifted his foot up for a short time so i prayed range again but it hit with magic and i died.. The safe spot thing... does the 702 hit u when u get there? or are u totally safe.Until I know I don't wana do it again cause its a real time waster lol

i am just curious if i can take out this silly person.. I am 96 hits 99 range... i can walk all over the lvl 360s but i haven't taken enough prayer pots to last me through... I just bought karils xbow i got 2.2k bolts but will that be enough to range the lvl 360s and the 702???

You don't need strength nor melee. All you need is high hp lvl, decent range lvl which you have, and all the supplies. I ranged my entire way up to the 702 with black range gear, magic bow and addy arrows. I made silly mistakes earlier on and used up too much food and was 1 hit from the 702.

i know i didn't need the melee stats some would probably some would probably compare em though and rule me out cause of my def... i mainly just wanna know if i have enough bolts to make it through the 360s and will i have enough for the 720? i have 2147 lol

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

know i didn't need the melee stats some would probably some would probably compare em though and rule me out cause of my def... i mainly just wanna know if i have enough bolts to make it through the 360s and will i have enough for the 720? i have 2147 lol

You should have enough since I can get to the 702 by using 400 or so rune arrows (s) and about 500 blood blitzes. Afterall why take up 1 more item space to use blood barrge and do up to 4 more damage :P

captain_poet.png

arrg! i had full sharks and 3 doses, 702 folowed me but got stuck and attacked me from far range. kinda panicked and stepped 1 sq left and then got hit straight away.. as i fell to ground the 702 started walking.. I think i know "the spot" now, probably try it again tonight.

2nd bk to get fire cape first was mysticsayen

test1.jpg

pmgyes.jpg

i went in there with 11 pray pots and 8 shark (85 prayer) thanks for the safe spot i also found another potention safe spot ( tho ill keep that to myself incase they delete this 1) also i notice something the 102s that heal the 702 are a minutre version of the 180s