Fight Arena Guide - 702 + Safe Spot (2005) (AOW discussion)

Impaler99

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was my first real try i got to jad, hit about 40 hp down on him and died

i protected from range when he came up i dunno if he hit with that or not i swift got hit some huge # all i know is i had 14 hp left(he hit that next) and i had like 78\87 to start with

1 prayer (3)dose left to :( ill post pics later of the reward i got and the 2 lvl 360's my pic of jad was deleted cuz i accidently printed scree without pasting it for the reward :(

Unlucky dude, good try. :(

i found you can get rather close to the 360s before they melee you. if you cant melee them they just stand their.

close.png

thats what i would call nearly melee distance

Okay.

I just got done obtaining my Fire Cape and I can say this has been the most challenging experience on RS (non-skill wise) that I have ever had. But I loved every minute of it and it was worth the frustration.

I came into the arena first time (about a week ago) pretty confident I could get it on my first try without even knowing what to expect. Everything was quite easy, and I managed to get to the 702 on my first try within 1 hour and 56 minutes (I counted), but died. I

Determined to get the Cape I went back two more times and still died because the Healers upset me. The fastest I got to the 702 was within 1 hour and 16 minutes.

However, on my fourth try I finally figured out the best strategy. If anyone wants, here are some helpful hints:

Inventory:

9 Sharks

2 Range Potions (4 dose)

1 Super Defense Potion (4 dose)

13 Prayer Potions (4 dose)

Black Dragon Hide Top

Black Dragon Hide Legs

Magic Shortbow

Wearing:

Guthan Helmet

Guthan Body

Guthan Chain Skirt

Guthan Warspear

Black Dragon Chaps

Ranger Boots

Legend's Cape

Glory Amulet

Rune Arrows

I meleed everything up to the 180s. The 180s, 360s, and 702 I Ranged constantly. Always kill the 90s first (the ones that have the Range attack) because they can cause some major damage.

Everything is easy going until you probably reach the 180s.

Cape1.PNG

Even then it's quite easy with them, but then the 90s come back along with the 180s. Here I suggest that you kill the 90s first. I always run up to them because they have a far Range attack:

Cape2.PNG

The 360s are pretty tricky, especially when the 180s come. Do the same thing as shown in the previous picture. Set picks:

Cape3.PNG

All of this conserves food/Prayer potions which you may need later on.

The only advice which has not been mentioned when killing then 702 is to take it easy. The worst part are the healers but do not let them distract you from switching Prayer at the appropirate time. I have noticed that no matter how quick you are at killing the healers they will usually take JAD to full HP, so kill them slowly but surely. Always keep your eye on JAD and Range the Healers towards you. Switch to Guthans and kill the Healers and then switch back to Range and attack JAD.

KEEP AUTO RETALIATE OFF. It may be more difficult but if you have it on then you will automatically attack JAD when killing healers. I kept relatiate OFF from the very beginning of the arena.

Finally:

Cape4.PNG

EDIT**

On a final note..I only used 1 Prayer Potion (4) to kill JAD and, as you can see, had lots of supplies left over. What you want to do is get to JAD with as much as possible because you don't know how many waves of healers are going to come (I was lucky and only had 1 wave this time around).

And for the people who were wondering, I was 99 Range, 98 Hits & 80 Prayer when defeating JAD.

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

Hehe, look whos talking to ya in that picture :wink:

man!

you whipped jad, that 4th time!

look at all those suppplies left over...

the times i have tried I melee'd the 180's that was very tricky, making sure i heal always after getting busted by them.

hmm ranging them, sounds good. I don''t know how much better it would be for me, not everyones 99 range :lol:

my range has to hold off, im out of training arrows.

as for, when the 360's and 180's come together, blocking

the 180 and finishing the 360 first is an excellent idea! saves a TON of prayer. i never did that. that is what could make the difference.

have a ton enough prayer leftover for jad.

just gotta wait for my friend to get done borrowing my guthans, so i might as well get 84 range since im kinda close, save up some more rune arrows, and then i gotta find some place to use the internet for 2 hours, since my connection at home is terribly slow, i wouldnt be able to switch prayers fast enough, because i lag quite a lot.

hopefully i can pull it off

[combat level: 124][skill total: 1,800+][quest points: 260][Mining: ??]

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

AFTER 8 YEARS OF PLAYING - PERM BANNED

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

Just letting u know that the 45s that hit u 1 everytime u hit them dont do it if ur ranging them.

On the 720 the safe spot is on the left of that barrier. What if it comes in from the left side? Do u have to lure it to the right side then run back around? O and is the ranged att a shorter duration than the mage? I noticed on I mahatma Is video it seemed to be.

I tried to do it but it 97 hit me before I could pull it off.

O and i used a combo of sara pots and super restores for the boss.

limdog.png

i just made my first attempt and died as soon as i got to the 90 180 and 360 combo... i swear i just took 2 doses of pray pot right b4 they spawned but i guess i didnt cuz my prayer ran out

i had the same inventory as posted on the first page in the guide and at that point had only eaten 1 shark and had 4 pray pots left so next time im swapping out food for pots

what a dum mistake to forget to drink my pots :(

up until that point i was going through it with ease

I just..gah.

I'm 83 range, 96 hp, 95 defense. I just did my second try (serious ones), and got two hit by the boss.

Can anyone give me advice on how to handle things when the boss comes?

I was fully potted/hp when the boss came, pot on Range protect like instructed and got hit for a 72. I ran near him to be able to see what kind of attack he does, but when I saw the 72..I started eating..and the next thing I knew, I switched prayers incorrectly and I'm owned. :S

So, if I get to him the next time, should I run as far away from him as possible so as to make him come towards me? Should I still keep on range protect? Should I stay wherever I am?

To Shiva:

You put Range protect on the minute he comes because that is his first attack. You should lure the last 360 to a spot where you know the 702 will spawn shortly after because you need to see the leg movements. If you do get hit, do not panic. Just continue switching Prayers as normal and if you get a chance to eat a shark or two then go for it. The worst thing you can do is panic and think you will die right that minute. The only thing that can kill you is negligence.

What also helps with healing is when the healers come. You Range them towards yourself (all of them), put Guthans on and attack them. This should heal quite a bit as well. Just make sure you continually pay attention to JAD and his leg movements.

punk4ever.gif

Thanks for your post, Punk :)

Couple more queries:

should lure the last 360 to a spot where you know the 702 will spawn shortly

I've only met the boss once. :? Could you give me a general direction (i.e., North/south) of where I should lure the 360?

The healers: both the videos I've seen show the Healers being killed. My question is this..why bother? Why can't I just make them attack me, maybe position myself so not all of them can attack me at one time..and spend the rest of my time on Jad?

No problem, glad I can help.

For the healers:

I killed them because I was not sure if they still heal JAD even when they attack you. I did not want to take that risk and all of my research (seeing other people's stories and videos) told me that I should kill them.

For the position:

I usually lured the last 180 I had to kill to the spot that's shaped like Italy (the boot). Then the two 360s appear near that spot so you know the 702 is going to be somewhere in that vicinity (at least that is how it has been for me all times).

http://www.dark2k1.com/702-dead/

Check out that video by Ekaggen. That is where I lured the last 360 as well and the 702 appeared there exactly.

punk4ever.gif

I just tried this.. I dunno how far I got but I didn't see the 702.. I had everyone one of the monsters attacking me though (360 also) and I ran out of prayer potions... When I died I received 3400~ tokkul..

I'm determined to do this because I've seen a picture with someone who did this at my level ranged..

Can someone give me some advice?

As stated before I ran out of prayer pots.. these are my stats:

75 Attack

80 Strength

89 Defense

76 Ranged (Almost 77)

Hp 84

I was using exactly what punk4ever was :)

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

I'm glad I could help.

The only other way I can see you doing this is if you bring more Prayer Potions. Instead of bringing food, bring pots. Now, with this strategy you would have to be EXTREMELY careful, but I think it can be done since you still have Guthan with you to heal you whenever necessary.

punk4ever.gif

I'm glad I could help.

The only other way I can see you doing this is if you bring more Prayer Potions. Instead of bringing food, bring pots. Now, with this strategy you would have to be EXTREMELY careful, but I think it can be done since you still have Guthan with you to heal you whenever necessary.

Honestly, do you think I could do this with my range level :(

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

I'm glad I could help.

Honestly, do you think I could do this with my range level :(

It will be hard but I think it's pheasable. You just have to be really careful and conserve your pots as much as possible. I dunno, just try once more with only Prayer pots and see how that goes. If you think you won't make it then just train Range up a bit (85 or so should do) and give it another try.

punk4ever.gif

deathto7020ro.png

I didn't manage. My mistake, because I didn't concentrate to the 702.

fightcaveeq9bs.png

That's my takings, though used glory instead of unholy.

Blue potions are ranged potions.

Yellow ones are saradomin brews.

Pink ones are super restore potions.

Cyan ones are prayer potions.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?