Fight Arena Guide - 702 + Safe Spot (2005) (AOW discussion)

Impaler99

Has anyone noticed that you can now take a break by logging out? I'm not completely sure when this came about, but I think it came with today's update (Cabin Fever quest).

When you click logout, you get a message that says:

Your logout request has been received.

You will be logged out at the end of the current wave.

Please click the logout button again to abort this minigame entirely.

You can't log out during the middle of a wave. It logs you automatically after you complete the current wave. And when you log back in, you're back in the middle of the cave (unfortunately not exactly where you were when you logged out).

That's disappointing. It was a feat to do it without logging, now the Cape should be semi-easier to get. :|

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone noticed that you can now take a break by logging out? I'm not completely sure when this came about, but I think it came with today's update (Cabin Fever quest).

You can't log out during the middle of a wave. It logs you automatically after you complete the current wave. And when you log back in, you're back in the middle of the cave (unfortunately not exactly where you were when you logged out).

^^ Worthy of It's Own Post!

w4M8t.png

^^ Worthy of It's Own Post!

sweet!

100% noob since 2001

• 2 weeks later...
just someting to add the safe spot no longer works lol...

you know... i really wish i read that before going at it... i had 8 prey pot (4)s whe ni got to jad

did the whole lure thing and i got 1 hit oh joy best run i ever did tragicly cut short, ill have another go today just you watch!

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

Oh, yes! :D I finally got the cape after 30+ tries. I was left with more supplies than I thought would be possible. But something that I finally tried was not killing the healers. Every time before that I always tried killing them and in the end I failed.

But this time I fired my crystal bow at each healer so they were after me. I got them lined up so only one of them was actually attacking me. And then I continued firing at Jad until he died. I only had to eat twice during that time and I was still wearing dragonhide even. So a higher defense level would probably help if you do it that way.

But I could not believe my eyes when I saw the almighty 702 finally fall to the ground. After some large amount of money that I didn't keep count of for crystal bows and prayer pots and 30+ tries, my pain is finally over.

Psx0.png

anyone think i could do it on 68 range? lol

or even do it with mage instead of range..

and i get to the 360s without damage.. but there it gets hard.. what about killing 360s will hally?

i r lvl 115, 90 def 87 mage..

oh my actauly rsn is: user_nat (usernat is my noob :P)

• 3 weeks later...

I killed like 25-30 360's then logged out for tea, i thoguht it saved it, logged back in when you start it outside !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

136 Combat :: Jjozzie :: 2000 Total

99 Slayer - 99 Summoning - 92 Herblore - 82 Prayer

64m Attack - 25m Strength - 17m Defence - 20m Range - 44m Hp - 20m Magic

:: Bandos ::

*Solo* - 3 Hilts - 2 Chestplates - 2 Tassets - 1 Boots - 6 Shards

*Duo - 8 Hilts - 6 Chestplates - 6 Tassets - 4 Boots - 14 Shards

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I'm combat 100, close to 101, do you think I could beat the 702? I can afford to get the Guthans and I already have Karils, I'm also trying to get a fury ammy. Here are my stats:

81 strength

81 attack

80 defence

62 prayer(almost 63)

71 range

78 magic

I would really appreciate an honest answer here :-)

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

To the level 100 guy, yes there is a way to do it, a lvl 66 with lower than 40 defence did it.

I have tried 3 times so far, first time was a test kinda, 2nd time i fought him for like a min and missed a pray switch and paniced and missed another to die. 3rd time he hit me with mage first for a 58 and i paniced again and he hit me again with magic before i could even find him.

i have 97 range 92 hp.

One day ill go back, no real rush

ranger,oneforone.gif

OneForOne.gif

I got my Fire Cape a week ago. It took me 11 tries.. 5 times dying to the 702 Jad, and 6 times actually LAGGING a few rounds before the Jad. I never gave up.

When I was in round 62, my computer lagged.. but it didn't lag enough to actually lose connection. I thought to myself that I was screwed, and I shouldn't care about the cape anymore. Round 63 came.. I put ranged protect on.. he shoots me off screen with a magic attack -- hits a 48.

I found him, drank Sara brews while protecting from the right prayers... After around a minute of calming down and healing, I started to shoot him with my fully charged Crystal Bow.

A minute later, 3 of the 4 healers came and started healing the Jad. I attacked them one-by-one, while protecting from the Jad's attacks. The healers come and start attacking me, and they've managed to knock my HP down to 10.. I drank a few more pots of Sara Brews, and Super Restores. I thought to myself 'screw this'.. so, when the Jad used the Magic attack, I ran across him -- blocking the healers on the other side so they don't attack me.

A few minutes later, the Jad dies...!

firecape29dn.png

When he does a range attack he lifts his feet and qucikly slams them to the ground, like 1-2 seconds later a rock will hit you. with magic he hovers his legs for like 2-3 seconds then soon as he brings them down he mages.

As long as you can stay calm you can most likely beat him pretty easy.

I sold my guthan for some fletching xp then when im done alching i will rebuy my guthan.

ranger,oneforone.gif

OneForOne.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm lvl 97 atm. Do you guys think I'd be able to do it?

77 Att

77 Str

77 Def

83 Hp

57 Pray

83 Range

I'll get two fire capes. One for wearing and one for bank spot... and in case I die with it on. I might try soon.. maybe after I get rich from barrows and can afford to buy guthans.. and get 80 att str and def and maybe some prayer too..

AWESOME guide.

king_bawoul.png