Fight Arena Guide - 702 + Safe Spot (2005) (AOW discussion)

Impaler99

ok here's what im thinking about and can you please tell me if you think i can do it.

equipped: full guthans, black vambs, ranger boots, obby cape, fury ammy, 20k steel arrows.

inventory: 9 sharks, super defence potion (4), range potion (4), black dhide body, black dhide legs, msb, and the rest prayer pots.

my levels are 70 ranged, and 107 combat, 66 prayer.

can you please tell me wheter you think i could do it, and if you should take an archer helm and drop a prayer pot

I wouldn't use steel arrows if I was you, especially with that range level :P . You would take an hour and a ton of arrows killing a single 360, and your prayer would rn out. You should get to at least 80 range, and use at least addy arrows.

well at 70 range, with pot i'd be like 85 range? reckon i could do it with mith arrows? main reason is i have 22k iron arrows, 27k steel arrows, 6k mith arrows and 11k bronze arrows i wana burn off.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wave# monsters

1-----1*lvl 22

2-----2*lvl 22

3-----1*lvl 45

4-----1*lvl 45 1*lvl 22

5-----1*lvl 45 2*lvl 22

6-----2*lvl 45

7-----1*lvl 90

8-----1*lvl 90 1*lvl 22

9-----1*lvl 90 2*lvl 22

10-----1*lvl 90 1*lvl 45

11-----1*lvl 90 1*lvl 45 1*lvl 22

12-----1*lvl 90 1*lvl 45 2*lvl 22

13-----1*lvl 90 2*lvl 45

14-----2*lvl 90

15-----1*lvl 180

16-----1*lvl 180 1*lvl 22

17-----1*lvl 180 2*lvl 22

18-----1*lvl 180 1*lvl 45

19-----1* lvl 180 1*lvl 45 1*lvl 22

20-----1*lvl 180 1*lvl 45 2*lvl 22

21-----1*lvl 180 2* lvl 45

22-----1*lvl 180 1*lvl 90

23-----1* lvl 180 1*lvl 90 1*lvl 22

24-----1*lvl 180 1*lvl 90 2*lvl 22

25-----1*lvl 180 1*lvl 90 1*lvl 45

26-----1*lvl 180 1*lvl 90 1*lvl 45 1*lvl 22

27-----1*lvl 180 1*lvl 90 1*lvl 45 2*lvl 22

28-----1*lvl 180 1*lvl 90 2*lvl 45

29-----1*lvl 180 2*lvl 90

30-----2*lvl 180

31-----1*lvl 360

32-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 22

33-----1*lvl 360 2*lvl 22

34-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 45

35-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 45 1*lvl 22

36-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 45 2*lvl 22

37-----1*lvl 360 2*lvl 45

38-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 90

39-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 90 1*lvl 22

40-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 90 2*lvl 22

41-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 90 1*lvl 45

42-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 90 1*lvl 45 1*lvl 22

43-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 90 1*lvl 45 2*lvl 22

44-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 90 2*lvl 45

45-----1*lvl 360 2*lvl 90

46-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180

47-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180 1*lvl 22

48-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180 2*lvl 22

49-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180 1*lvl 45

50-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180 1*lvl 45 1*lvl 22

51-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180 1*lvl 45 2*lvl 22

52-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180 2*lvl 45

53-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180 1*lvl 90

54-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180 1*lvl 90 1*lvl 22

55-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180 1*lvl 90 2*lvl 22

56-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180 1*lvl 90 1*lvl 45

57-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180 1*lvl 90 1*lvl 45 1*lvl 22

58-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180 1*lvl 90 1*lvl 45 2*lvl 22

59-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180 1*lvl 90 2*lvl 45

60-----1*lvl 360 1*lvl 180 2*lvl 90

61-----1*lvl 360 2*lvl 180

62-----2*lvl 360

63-----tz tok-jad lvl 702

I spent half an hour figuring out the waves of monsters and cataloging them into this. it's pretty easy to see the pattern once you read the first few waves. hope everybody likes it.

The Zebera is getting faster! The road to 99 Agility

Previous 99s (in order)

Fishing, November 23rd, 2009.

Attack, November 23rd, 2009 (got it about 10 minutes after Fishing)

Hitpoints (well, it was back then), December 28th, 2009

Defence, February 27, 2010

This is the first time i have looked at the guide and it is awesome. Just a few questions.

In the pics it shows you standing next to jad attacking him, hitting a 14. And then it shows the finishing blow and you have only taken 1 sip of your pray pot... how did you kill him with only 1 sip, or was the shot of you hitting a 14 taken towards the end.

Also

How does the ring of stone help you in there? is there an easier way.

Cheers to anyone who can answer this :)

ok here's what im thinking about and can you please tell me if you think i can do it.

equipped: full guthans, black vambs, ranger boots, obby cape, fury ammy, 20k steel arrows.

inventory: 9 sharks, super defence potion (4), range potion (4), black dhide body, black dhide legs, msb, and the rest prayer pots.

my levels are 70 ranged, and 107 combat, 66 prayer.

can you please tell me wheter you think i could do it, and if you should take an archer helm and drop a prayer pot

I wouldn't use steel arrows if I was you, especially with that range level :P . You would take an hour and a ton of arrows killing a single 360, and your prayer would rn out. You should get to at least 80 range, and use at least addy arrows.

well at 70 range, with pot i'd be like 85 range? reckon i could do it with mith arrows? main reason is i have 22k iron arrows, 27k steel arrows, 6k mith arrows and 11k bronze arrows i wana burn off.

You won't get anywhere with anything less than rune. At level 76 range, and magic shortbow with rune arrows, I couldn't even get to the level 702. However, when I bought a Karil's Xbow I got to him much easier.

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

I've tried to get the Fire Cape yesterday, but I failed. I've managed to get to the 702 and killed him HALFWAY! Then, the healers came. I tried shooting them, so they come and chase me -- and not heal the Jad. Instead, I f**ked up on prayer, got hit a 64.. f**cked up on prayer again, got hit a 36. So, I'm down to 4HP, the healers are after me.. I didn't see Jad's legs since he was off screen. (My Mistake.) I hear a 'fire spell' sound, so I protected from mage.. but I was too late to switch. He finishes me off.. I die, receiving 4024 tokkul.

Though, during that trip, I've managed to get 82 ranged. 8)

70229nq.png

I haven't REALLY tried, but in the picture.. you can see the Jad is at the Northwest corner of the Fight Caves. When he's in that area, can he still be able to hit me? (I was running to the SW corner when he did the mage attack. :()

I know my inventory isn't THAT great, but it DID get me to the 702. -- I died with 10 Prayer pots left over.. so.. I could replace some of that with sharks.

Trip 4 later today.

108healer4qt.png

Here's a picture of the level 108 healers you could use for your guide. Sorry I couldn't get the combat level or name.

I know it's really small, but that's the best I could get. You could make the white background transparent if you want. I don't have any paint software on this computer to make it transparent myself.

Okay my first try, Though it was meant to be a 'test round'

I reached the 702 though I was shaking and very very exciting i could hardly move. So i messed up pray, got hit 76 tried to rush to my inventory and eat my last shark... which was very stupid because Now i didnt foccused on the legs so i died awe.. to bad..

BUT its was a good trip gain some experience in killing it (there was nothing wrong with my tactic because i could switch prays like couple rounds) and the 360 part will go easier next try soo it wasnt for nothing. I knew i wouldnt get it the first try gonna do another run tomorrow my official second hopefully i wont be as much shaky as i was the first time.

Guess THATS the real challange you must have nerves of steel to beat it ;)

It think i could easily get it because i had like 5 pray pots and 1 range pot over :o and there was nothing wrong with my tactic only the nerve thingy f*cked it up

ok im really really really annoyed right now. i was on wave 46 and doing really well. there was a 360 and 180 so i made the 180 go behind the 360, and i ranged the 360 till it died. then i turned protect from mage off, and i was about to attack the 180 and the 360 came back on full hp and 1 hitted me!!! I AM SO ANNOYED RIGHT NOW!! i think i could have won if it wasn't for that goddam glitch, and now i dont have enough supplies or money to do it again, as i had to sell my d legs to buy the rune arrows and bolts for that round... :( someone please comfort me

ok im really really really annoyed right now. i was on wave 46 and doing really well. there was a 360 and 180 so i made the 180 go behind the 360, and i ranged the 360 till it died. then i turned protect from mage off, and i was about to attack the 180 and the 360 came back on full hp and 1 hitted me!!! I AM SO ANNOYED RIGHT NOW!! i think i could have won if it wasn't for that goddam glitch, and now i dont have enough supplies or money to do it again, as i had to sell my d legs to buy the rune arrows and bolts for that round... :( someone please comfort me

There there...there there. *Gives pat on the back*

Hows that? ;)

"If ignorance is bliss...then knock the smile off my face!"

Rage Against The Machine

Zack De La Rocha

thankyou? anyone know why the 360 respawned in the exact same place, with full hp before i even hit the 180?

I wish I knew exactly why. I've had it happen to me too. Not just a 360 though. I have had it happen with a 180 and 90 in the past. I've also had a 90, 180, and 360 respawn on me all in the same attempt at getting to the 702. It's rather annoying, especially if it's a 360 and every dose of prayer potion can be crucial. Having an extra 360 really bites.

I've reported the bug to Jagex before, but I got a reply asking me for more details on how to reproduce the bug. But I can never seem to actually do that because the whole respawning thing seems to be random and I have no idea how I can 100% reproduce it.

Psx0.png

Wow my eyes are sore ofter reading all this. Anyone looking for good advice read the WHOLE topc, there is some REALLY usefull info in there. Grats to all with their cape, lets hope some us reading this can make use of it ;D

Rage Against The Machine

Zack De La Rocha

Okay, I officially made my first try today because I dont count the test round :P

Though I didnt got the cape I must say im very happy because i made lots of progression here!

The 360-part went alot easier this time I didnt make any big mistake maybe 1 or 2 wheter i did like 10 in the testround.

When i reached the 702 I stayed alot cooler and i actually hitted it couple times very hard. Also i survived as twice as long as the testround which is very good i think :) and when i messed up my pray and got hit 76 i didnt panic so i must say this 'offically' first try was good :)

Hope i make it to the healers next try or maybe even kill it :)

Also if anyone else is needing ALL the info they can get their hands on about this definately sign up to the DI boards. They have several more movies there that re REALLY helpful.

Also why is this not stickied?

Rage Against The Machine

Zack De La Rocha

k heres a few things ive learned getting my cape:

-inventory: karil bow, black top, black chaps, 13 pray pots, 2 range pots, 1 super def pot, 8 shark (all pots are 4s). equipment: full guthans, fury ammy, range boots, 2k bolt racks, archers ring (this is useless, if you dont have one dont worry about it), black vambs, obby cape. stats: 88 range, 82 defense, 66 prayer, 94 attack, 91 str. if your range is in the mid to high 90s you might wanna consider a super attack and strength over a range pot and a shark.

-guthans isnt necessary, its possible to do without, but you can make very little mistakes without it. you could wear veracs instead and take a couple pray pots off for sharks, or do the same even in dharoks or torags (DO NOT bring a shield with your whip though or else you need to drop something to switch to your bow). however, karils bow or crystal bow is a MUST, preferrably karils bow. its fast, got the distance of a crystal bow and by the time you get to jad karils bow ammo is more powerful and more accurate than crystal shots which get degraded over time.

-when the 360 comes with 2 180s (2nd to last wave before jad), trap the 180s behind the 360, kill the 360 then heal on the 180s with guthans and melee prayer if you have to. make sure you're over 90 hp (or max hp if you arent 90) since jaddy boy hits 90. if you dont have guthans, eat to above 90 (or max).

-when you're killing the last 360 and its about to die, run to the safe spot you used on the east wall to kill the 180s. go north or south of the wall depending on the location of the 360 to get it to walk behind the wall away from you so it cant shoot you. pot up everything (if youve got super attack n str drink those too), then run out and kill the 360. you should be on the safe spot when the dude says jad is coming, and jad should spawn on either side of you. fight him pretty close up so you can kill the healers easy and see his health if you'd like.

-when jad stomps the ground right away you have about half a second to 3/4 of a second to click the range prayer before its too late and the rocks will damage you. if he keeps his legs up turn on your mage prayer right away because once he comes down its too late and that fire ball is gonna hurt.

-jad can take 5 minutes or 20 minutes to kill depending on how lucky you get with your hits when hes calling healers. you should have about 15 doses of prayer pot left when you get to him just in case.

-when you get jaddy boy down to half hits the healers should come. 2 will be right on jad, and if you got a karils bow adjust your prayer according to jads legs and immediately shoot both of them to get them attacking you. get your prayers set again and get the other 2 healers coming towards jad with range so they're on you as well. if you dont they will heal jad nonstop, but if they're in combat they can only heal him once every few times they hit.

-line the healers up if you like (THIS IS NECESSARY IF YOU DONT HAVE GUTHANS OR THEY CAN KILL YOU), then kill 3 of them with your guthans/melee gear on. get the 4th and final one as low as you can get with him still being alive and start ranging jad again. when the healer starts healing jad, kill him instantly (if he heals jad more than twice go back to working on jad till he gets healed again) and go for jad again. if jad is under half health again he wont call any more healers. if you mess up and he is high enough health he'll call 4 more healers and you have to deal with that mess again.

-jad can call as many healers as he needs--on one trip I went through 4 sets before I messed up prayers and died to an 86--but in my experience wont call more than 1 set at once, which is why you leave that lone healer attacking you until he starts to help jad again.

there was some guide to doing this with blood barrages too (which looks way easy since every time you hit you heal yourself and you can kill jad + the healers all at once with one spell, though id still recommend one run-thru with range first so you get the hang of switching prayers on jad) but it costs like 8 mill to get 2k of the damn spell. its on runevillage if anyones interested in that.

hope I helped someone. it took me 5 tries to get my cape.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
im thinking about going there. to try to fight.but...i have 1 question"do u loose anything when u die there or do u only keep 3 items"?
you don't lose anything if you die.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

I finally got my fire cape afew days ago :D

84 range 59 prayer 92 hits was all i needed.

Few tips,

1) Dont kill the healers, theyll just spawn again, only shoot em once so they dont heal jad and then ignore them, super defense pot if you need to

2) Theres tons of safe spots for the 180s, use them just like you would use a safe spot against say a black demon

3) Dont count on using a safe spot against jad, odds are youll die trying.

4) If you happen to find a place where you can range jad but jad cant range you, bug abuse while ya can :roll:

Also it seems that recently they changed jad somewhat, it seems you have a little longer to switch prayers, but this might be due to the fact i killed jad on a server that was closer to me and therefore faster, or i might just be getting better :oops:

I was wearing: Guthan, black vambs, fury, obby cape, climbing boots (too lazy to buy rangers), 2.2k bolt racks (had 1.5k left), and my lucky seers ring :wink:

Inventory i had initiate helm (+3 prayer ftw) black hide top and bottem, karils bow, super def pot, 2 range pots, 7 sharks and 14 prayer pots

For jad, what i did was wait on the north side of the "boot" shaped rock near the entrance, right in the corner, with protect from range, most of the time he spawns south of the rock, and gets stuck there, so you can safely prepare yourself and know where he is, sometimes he spawns in the north west corner and comes to you, if this happens he will range attack you, since you have range prayer on youre safe.

For the first part of the fight i wore black hide karils bow and initiate helm, and just prayer switched, when healers came, i changed to guthan helm and skirt, black hide top and bow, super defense potted, then after jad winded up and i had switched prayers, i shot ONE healer, then waited for jads next attack, repeated the process, shot one healer then waited, repeated till i had shot all 4 healers, then ignored them, i ate when needed and just kept attacking jad.

Took me 9 attempts, twice i failed to even reach jad due to lag and such wasting my prayer

First attempt i completely froze, and got two hit, nerves own me :oops:

Second attempt i tried out the safe spot, failed to get him in, died

Third time i didnt bother with safe spot, had a go prayer switching, worked ok but then died

Fourth attempt i made a mistake at the start, didnt stand close enough to the corner of the "boot", jad walked along the "sole" of the boot and meleed me - dead

Fifth attempt i did well, got to healers but they got the best of me, i didnt bring a super def pot and they prawned me :oops:

Sixth attempt he spawned in the north west, was too slow switching to range prayer after the last 360 and got one hit

Seventh attempt i finally did it, 35 hitpoints 34 prayer points left, even though at one point my prayer ran out but i managed to survive :D

Best of luck to those trying for a fire cape

Has anyone noticed that you can now take a break by logging out? I'm not completely sure when this came about, but I think it came with today's update (Cabin Fever quest).

When you click logout, you get a message that says:

Your logout request has been received.

You will be logged out at the end of the current wave.

Please click the logout button again to abort this minigame entirely.

You can't log out during the middle of a wave. It logs you automatically after you complete the current wave. And when you log back in, you're back in the middle of the cave (unfortunately not exactly where you were when you logged out).

Psx0.png