Fight Arena Guide - 702 + Safe Spot (2005) (AOW discussion)

Impaler99

ok, ive got all the barrows sets except torag and guthan (since I dont slay and torag blows), and im wondering is it possible to do this without a guthan set? if it is, ive got a few questions:

1) verac + whip and obby shield or dharok + whip and obby shield (pray bonus vs higher def)? the range def difference between the 2 is pretty big but maybe the obby shield makes up for it.

2) has anyone tried mage? I mean shadow barrage could be really handy against the 702 since it'll hit the healers and lower their attack as well. id bring karils + karil bow too, but I dunno if itd be worth sacrificing those food/pray pot spots since I wouldnt have guthans to heal with.

3) any info on sara brews + super restores? ive got infinite supplies at hand really so cost isnt an issue.

if its still not possible I guess ill just do it the boring way and buy a set of guthans for it, then sell it back when im done.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im doing alot of researching :) because my ultimate goal in rs is now getting a fire cape ;D

from my research i found out you DONT really need guthan actually noone really knows. Most fire cape hunter are just following the same method which other did. Logical, because i dont think anyone wants to waste 2 hours to just 'test' something new. Anyways it is strongly suggest you take guthan because its saves space which is very very hard needed!

So i dont really know it MIGHT work.. i heard some storys of ppl who did it but... they had very high skills so dont forget that part 90% of the people who getting one are below 120 so :) do the math.What i actually trying to say is i found out you CAN use worse items only if you got good skills and visa versa :)

anyways now training to 80 range just to give myself a secure feeling :) It might work with my 72 range.. butttt..... i want to be confident like punk4ever. If your not confident i dont think its worth trying to get one you only gonna panic like other say and that is your weakest point here :)

ok, ive got all the barrows sets except torag and guthan (since I dont slay and torag blows), and im wondering is it possible to do this without a guthan set? if it is, ive got a few questions:

1) verac + whip and obby shield or dharok + whip and obby shield (pray bonus vs higher def)? the range def difference between the 2 is pretty big but maybe the obby shield makes up for it.

2) has anyone tried mage? I mean shadow barrage could be really handy against the 702 since it'll hit the healers and lower their attack as well. id bring karils + karil bow too, but I dunno if itd be worth sacrificing those food/pray pot spots since I wouldnt have guthans to heal with.

3) any info on sara brews + super restores? ive got infinite supplies at hand really so cost isnt an issue.

if its still not possible I guess ill just do it the boring way and buy a set of guthans for it, then sell it back when im done.

Guthans + Sara brews + super restore pots + karils = 1337 ownage, k? I only need the guthans, then I am set as well xD.

Wearing: Full Guthan, Obsidian Cape, Ranger Boots, black vambraces, About 2.5k Bolt Racks

Inventory: Black Dhide top, Black Dhide bottom, Karils xbow, 5 Sara brews (4), 7 Super Restores (4), 10 (I think this is the rest of your inventory) prayer pots (4).

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

Wearing: Full Guthan, Obsidian Cape, Ranger Boots, black vambraces, About 2.5k Bolt Racks

Inventory: Black Dhide top, Black Dhide bottom, Karils xbow, 5 Sara brews (4), 7 Super Restores (4), 10 (I think this is the rest of your inventory) prayer pots (4).

hmmm no sharks at all?

Inventory: Black Dhide top, Black Dhide bottom, Karils xbow, 5 Sara brews (4) , 7 Super Restores (4), 10 (I think this is the rest of your inventory) prayer pots (4).

hmmm no sharks at all?

:wink:

ubersig2se0.jpg

i didnt know that :D , so they heal like about the same percentage of your health , like it boost your hits lev?

plus soul attacker it would be great if you posted what tactic you used on what monster :)

I fought them in this order : 22 > 90 > 360 > 180 > 45

22s Melee with guthans = free hp

45s Melee

90s Melee most of the time, though when the 360s come and they're right next to each other, I ranged them because the 360 would own you with melee if you got too close.

180s Range with safe spot

360s Range with mage protection on

702 Range... When healers come attack them all once but pay attention to the 702's attacks still... Try to make it so only one of the 108 healers are attacking you (they lined up one behind the other for me so only one was attacking.) do not kill the 108s or else they'll just spawn again..

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

soul another question i dont really know the effect of a sarapot only that it heals some percent but another dude told me that 1 (4) sarapot is like 3 sharks and u got 5 of em so why u actually take 15 sharks with you other dudes can do it with like 5 hmm.. and dont you take too much super restores with you? you had like 3 over or so.. maybe change 3 for pray pots?

soul another question i dont really know the effect of a sarapot only that it heals some percent but another dude told me that 1 (4) sarapot is like 3 sharks and u got 5 of em so why u actually take 15 sharks with you other dudes can do it with like 5 hmm.. and dont you take too much super restores with you? you had like 3 over or so.. maybe change 3 for pray pots?

I took that many Sara brews just incase I messed up.. I did mess up a couple of times and it was handy. I only had one left when I got out.

Sara brew Takes off from your attack, strength, range, mage. Adds to Defense and HP.

Super Restores restore prayer 1 point more than a prayer pot dose would, and also brings up your lowered range, mage, strength, attack.

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

Bah! Jad is reeeeaaally difficult. It stinks when you go through like a whole 2 hours of very easy fighting, then all of a sudden you're put up against the most difficult monster in the game, which requires so much attention that its ridiculous. I just died on my third trip to Jad, I've taken three runs at the fire cape and all 3 have ended at him...I almost got to the healers this time, it was actually the first time I survived the first hit from Jad...lol. I think I can pull it off next time, now that I know what the prayer switching is all about.

Also...this really isn't fair to me...I have a bladder condition. :?

I actually bring a bucket into my room when I'm doing the fight cave...its either that or I could put on diapers...

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I'm about to kill someone.

Today I died for the 7th or 6th time on the Jad. (not counting a couple deaths on the 360s and 180s). At least 14 hours wasted on this, tons of bolt racks, prayer pots, sharks, and other pots.

Most times I die from my own error and [bleep] ups, but about twice I died because he spawned on the other side of the room and I couldn't find him and didn't know what attack he used. Today was one of those.

Last night I got to the Jad, was doing really good, healers came, surprisingly that didn't make me mess up my prayers (for once). I got them all off of him and on me, and I was still doing good. After what seemed like an eternity of ranging him, I get hit a 58 and die (even though I'm 98% sure that I didn't mess up my prayers).

Seeing that red bubble make you kiss the floor after two hours of fighting has to be one of the most physically and mentally draining things I've yet experienced. I can't think straight afterwards, I ca'nt stand up because my knees are too weak, I can't type, my heart stops then beats at the speed of light. It seriously makes me want to either smash my head into the monitor, or throw it through the window and go on a killing spree outside.

This can't go on much longer or I'll lose it.

This damn game is gonnna make me end up in a mental house, in jail, or dead.

Runescaper (off and on) since late 2001

Update, not that anyone cares, I just got the cape!!

I barely even got it too, the boss fight lasted a good 5 minutes, expected it to be fast. I messed up my prayer once, but thankfully it only hit a 24. I started running low on sharks and prayer pots, so I started panicking. I got down to no sharks and prayer pots, and about 10 prayer points and 11 health (what the healers hit), so I got ready to throw the monitor across the room. But then I saw the Jad do an animation I hadn't seen before, I was like :shock: . Then I saw him crumble and die 8) , but I dind't get teleported out right away and still had the healers on me for about a second so I grabbed my keyboard ready to break it on the desk. But then I got teleported out and saw that cape in my inventory :) .

Needless to say I'm a pretty happy camper right now, even though it took about 20 hours and a couple mil gp to get there.

:D

Bah! Jad is reeeeaaally difficult. It stinks when you go through like a whole 2 hours of very easy fighting, then all of a sudden you're put up against the most difficult monster in the game, which requires so much attention that its ridiculous. I just died on my third trip to Jad, I've taken three runs at the fire cape and all 3 have ended at him...I almost got to the healers this time, it was actually the first time I survived the first hit from Jad...lol. I think I can pull it off next time, now that I know what the prayer switching is all about.

Also...this really isn't fair to me...I have a bladder condition. :?

I actually bring a bucket into my room when I'm doing the fight cave...its either that or I could put on diapers...

HAHAHAHA :lol: I know what you mean I've had to pee realllly bad between some kq trips

ok here's what im thinking about and can you please tell me if you think i can do it.

equipped: full guthans, black vambs, ranger boots, obby cape, fury ammy, 20k steel arrows.

inventory: 9 sharks, super defence potion (4), range potion (4), black dhide body, black dhide legs, msb, and the rest prayer pots.

my levels are 70 ranged, and 107 combat, 66 prayer.

can you please tell me wheter you think i could do it, and if you should take an archer helm and drop a prayer pot

ok here's what im thinking about and can you please tell me if you think i can do it.

equipped: full guthans, black vambs, ranger boots, obby cape, fury ammy, 20k steel arrows.

inventory: 9 sharks, super defence potion (4), range potion (4), black dhide body, black dhide legs, msb, and the rest prayer pots.

can you please tell me wheter you think i could do it, and if you should take an archer helm and drop a prayer pot

I was your combat, prayer when I tried the few times for my Fire cape (didn't make it, might try sometime in the furture) Although I was 87 Ranged at the time. But this is what I take;

702inventory2ug.png

NOTE: Replace the Magic short with another Crystal bow/Karils Xbow

As far as stragety goes, there's really isn't one. Just try to kill them all the best you can. And use the safe spot on the 180s and higher. I tried using a guide there but with all the different varables that can happen you really can't do it with a guide. Perhaps use it for a few pointers, but that's about it.

Good luck!

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

I wouldn't use steel arrows if I was you, especially with that range level :P . You would take an hour and a ton of arrows killing a single 360, and your prayer would rn out. You should get to at least 80 range, and use at least addy arrows.