Tip.It Times: Newcomers at the Gates

Kiara_Kat

The Tip.It Times article quoted below has recently been posted to the main Tip.It website. Please take a few moments to read the article. Feel free to discuss it or post your opinions.

Newcomers at the Gates

Aming Heart

The Head Forum Administrator cautiously walked up to the Forum Gates, slowly unlocked the door, and called for assistance from the other Administrators to remove the bars. As soon as they finished...

click here to read the rest of this article

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good as for fiction but when i think of articles i think current runescape issues. please only put news in articles (just a request). it was good and id love to see more of that ...just not as an article... maybe some new section :)

So far, the response to the fiction piece has been VERY positive. We publish the Times every week, and unfortunately, there are only so many "current issues" to go around. How many articles can you publish about the RS site's new look or how useful farming REALLY is? I'm sure you'll agree that if we were to re-tread the same old issues over and over again, our users would begin to lose interest in the Times rather quickly.

Slipping in a piece of fiction now and again will help to keep the feature fresh and exciting. And as I said, the input we've received so far has been very positive. Nonetheless, your comments are appreciated. And if you have any ideas on issues we should cover, by all means, please submit them. There is a topic on the Website Updates and Corrections board just for this purpose. You'll find it here:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=319347

Thanks for your comments.

raises big what the "hell" flag right here.

interesting er... newsletter.. its a newsletter right?

See my comments above.

this was horrible in my opinion. You told a story about this forum. Like honestly, I enjoyed reading about RS, and all that, but this was stupid. This wasn't even a news letter about RS, it was a fictional story about this forum. Like people who don't use the forum, and they only come here for help really don't care about storys about this forum. Oh, and about lack of things in RS to write about, what about the fight pits? lolzzzzzzzzzz Honestly, I could do a better job writting tip.it times.

this was horrible in my opinion. You told a story about this forum. Like honestly, I enjoyed reading about RS, and all that, but this was stupid. This wasn't even a news letter about RS, it was a fictional story about this forum. Like people who don't use the forum, and they only come here for help really don't care about storys about this forum. Oh, and about lack of things in RS to write about, what about the fight pits? lolzzzzzzzzzz Honestly, I could do a better job writting tip.it times.

As I mentioned, if you have ideas, we're waiting for them. Please don't harp about how "bad" the article was then not contribute ANYTHING to help. If you're going to post an opinion, fine, but please make some constructive suggestions instead of just ranting. You want a different kind of article? Then submit some ideas.

I liked it! At first I didn't understnad what was happenning, then after a while I realized it was a runescape version of tip.it! I loved it!

And adding to Kiara's reply about Heartshapedbox:

If you don't use the forums and only ocme here for help, why are you on here now?

And Monopoly, you were offended? I bet you don't even know what half the stuff you said means. And If you do, explain it to us who speak english.

If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.

If you try to fail, and then succeed, what have you done?

If someone who draws is an artist, and someone who plays piano is a pianist, what do you call someone who races?

I liked it! At first I didn't understnad what was happenning, then after a while I realized it was a runescape version of tip.it! I loved it!

And adding to Kiara's reply about Heartshapedbox:

If you don't use the forums and only ocme here for help, why are you on here now?

And Monopoly, you were offended? I bet you don't even know what half the stuff you said means. And If you do, explain it to us who speak english.

I fail to see anything wrong with my post. Its the way I write (and in a sense I am preparing for the Oct. SAT thats coming up in two days by using some vocab I learnt from word smart) and just as how I may find arrogance in the article, you may find my post to be disparaging.

I bet you don't even know what half the stuff you said means

While I don't like to show off (or maybe just a little O_O) but action or evidence rather speaks louder than words.

mysat4in.png

EDIT: Ok lets put it this way: I found the piece to be fairly annoying because I felt that the author revered the admins as gods while our ordinary folks are regarded as pests. Thats strictly my opinion and pardon me for my audacity.

Please take personal flames off this thread. If you must discuss what SAT scores you got and how well you did in Advanced Placement English, go ahead - in private messages. Otherwise, constructive commentary only.

Well done, Magey! I absolutely loved this article! (I bet no one knows who I am in the story.) :lol:

EDIT: To the person who replied - where does it say "no negative commentary" in my post? Your above commentary about SAT scores had nothing to do with the topic and was only meant to impress the other user who had flamed you. So ENOUGH - do not quote my post and analyze it, do not continue this flame fest. Stay on topic.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

it was a nice read but i didn't like it as much as the previous ones, it was still original and creative and i enjoyed it a bit, but the previous ones were better... But hey thats just my opinion

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

I thought it was really intresting though I didn't understand what the "ticket machine" was.

Pm me if you need anything proof-read, I may not be very good, but I am always willing to help.

A Seal Clubber is me!

A Oxygenarin is me!

6*9=42

I look to the Tip.it times for news about Runescape. I don't mind having it discuss tip.it, but I would prefer for it to maintain it's focus on the game. Sometimes I don't always get online to check the forums and I found that the Tip.it Times nicely summarizes what's been going on. That's the Tip.it Times I want to read.