Tip.It Times: Newcomers at the Gates

Kiara_Kat

Hee hee the squeaky hammer ^_^ and poor guest :wink:

Admin Edit: This part was deleted because it's just continuing the "Flame fest." Didn't I see something about stopping that? ~Newptor (I'm back. heh)

andysigwhitemc.jpg

dude i got pked and lost my full zezima

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little eh? just a little?

Evidently the author revered admins as gods becaue the author was probably part of the tip.it staff and therefore biased. Also, admins are gods, because they have absolute power :wink:

Well I wouldn't have posted that if it wasn't relevant to the arguement so I will stick with my words :P

And as for the second part of your message, it doesn't really sound like a dissent to my opinion, does it?

look I wrote a tip.it times in like half an hour. It still needs editing and stuff, and also i have wasn't concentrating too much, but it should have been more like this:

http://www.refrozen.com/./uploaded-file ... /times.doc

Fight Pits, New Area, and More New Updates

Heart Shaped Box

Recently, new and exciting have happened in the game that has been the topic of much discussion. The biggest update being the addition of TzHaar, a new area just under Karamja Volcano. TzHaar contains two new fun and exciting mini games, the Fight Pits, and the Fight Caves. Both provide a chance to earn some combat experience as well as some tokul, the new currency of TzHaar. Along with the addition of TzHaar, Jagex also released new gems, and a new high-level monster (the highest in fact).

The original TzHaarian update was the Fight Pits. These were a mini game where players would duke it out with each other to see who could survive the onslaught. Everything is multicombat, and you lose no items when you die, you just get teleported to the entrance. The new Fight Pit is loads of fun to do with your friends, and the winner of each round receives some nice tokul as a reward. Along with the Fight Pits, viewing orbs were also added so players waiting to get in can view all the action from the safety of their orb.

After the Fight Pits, the Fight Cave was released. This, unlike the pits, involved only one person and his struggle to conquer as many TzHaarian creatures as he/she could. The enemies come in waves eventually leading up to a massive level 702 monster, which is now the highest monster in the game. When you conquer this, you are awarded with the mighty fire cape, which absolutely owns the legends cape.

Jagex also release new Onyx jewelry along with the TzHaar update. The new onyx ring turns the wearer into a stone. This was once rumored that the wearer would take no damage other than player with pick axes, but this has since been cleared up. The rings real only use is to kill the level 702, because it will protect you from its 1 hit kill. The onyx amulet increases all of your stats like a glory ammy, but only by a lot more. The downside is there is no teleports.

Personally, I'd rather have the fiction. Great job again, Ami.

Check out

RuneScript and RuneTracker!

sig37.gif

Talking about exaggerating ;)...

Oh well I guess the article was ment a little sarcastic. It's probably more fun to read for the mods n admins too, because they (should? :P) know precisely who is who in the article.

Nice story, magey! :D

A good way to inform our users how this forum works and at the same time show them how much work we admins and mods/crew really have around here.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

For a few hours now, the Administrators had being doing their best to handle the registrations when another Administrator came into the lobby. Some eyed her bow warily, as she quickly hurried behind the desk, apologizing for being late. "Made a good few shots today," she whispered to one of the Administrators at the desk.

"Oh did you really now?" he replied, not looking up from his scrolls of blueprints of the establishment. Now and again he frowned a little, then grinned cheerfully when he found the problem on the blueprints and corrected them accordingly.

"Yes, but IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m afraid I was almost caught this time. The chompy birds were certainly rough this time."

Hehee I got this one!

:lol:

Pretty nice story! :D

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

look I wrote a tip.it times in like half an hour. It still needs editing and stuff, and also i have wasn't concentrating too much, but it should have been more like this:

Fight Pits, New Area, and More New Updates

Heart Shaped Box

Recently, new and exciting have happened in the game that has been the topic of much discussion. The biggest update being the addition of TzHaar, a new area just under Karamja Volcano. TzHaar contains two new fun and exciting mini games, the Fight Pits, and the Fight Caves. Both provide a chance to earn some combat experience as well as some tokul, the new currency of TzHaar. Along with the addition of TzHaar, Jagex also released new gems, and a new high-level monster (the highest in fact).

The original TzHaarian update was the Fight Pits. These were a mini game where players would duke it out with each other to see who could survive the onslaught. Everything is multicombat, and you lose no items when you die, you just get teleported to the entrance. The new Fight Pit is loads of fun to do with your friends, and the winner of each round receives some nice tokul as a reward. Along with the Fight Pits, viewing orbs were also added so players waiting to get in can view all the action from the safety of their orb.

After the Fight Pits, the Fight Cave was released. This, unlike the pits, involved only one person and his struggle to conquer as many TzHaarian creatures as he/she could. The enemies come in waves eventually leading up to a massive level 702 monster, which is now the highest monster in the game. When you conquer this, you are awarded with the mighty fire cape, which absolutely owns the legends cape.

Jagex also release new Onyx jewelry along with the TzHaar update. The new onyx ring turns the wearer into a stone. This was once rumored that the wearer would take no damage other than player with pick axes, but this has since been cleared up. The rings real only use is to kill the level 702, because it will protect you from its 1 hit kill. The onyx amulet increases all of your stats like a glory ammy, but only by a lot more. The downside is there is no teleports.

We appreciate your efforts, but I fail to see the commentary in this piece. Where are the opinions? What you have written is fine, but I'm afraid all it does is basically re-work the Runescape News Items. Yes, you've added a little information about how the updates work and so on, but I would have liked to see your opinion about the updates. Now how about telling us what you THINK about them?

You certainly weren't shy about providing your opinion on our writer's fiction piece, so I assume you must have an opinion on the updates. Do you like them? What's good about them? What's bad about them? How do you feel about Jagex providing all these extra mini-games to P2P players and leaving free players out in the cold? Our users already know what the updates are, and using the Tip.It Times to do it again is redundant and pointless without commentary.

If you have any specific ideas about future articles you would like to see, we need you to submit them here. And remember, if you want to see articles about the updates or certain features in the game, give us some thought-provking ideas. Don't just say "I'd like to see an article about player-owned-houses." Point us in the direction you want us to go, and we'll run with it. For example, you could say instead "How about an article exploring the reasons Jagex is so slow in putting out POH's"?

So please everyone, back on topic.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

You can please some of the people all the time. You can please all the people some of the time. But you can't please all the people all the time.

^-^ Like I said earlier, a great peice of fiction that was a joy to read. The Tip.It Times will have a variety of genres and pieces to appeal to different people - so get with it :P

Awesome! :lol:

Tip.It times is just amazing :P Should let some 'normal' users write up articles for it, and post in...hmm, dont think so, more stress for the poor moderators and administrators :P

PS. What are POH's?

Player Owned Houses? :|

Pooh is the bear and poo is poo...

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I really enjoyed this until the last paragraph where it felt like th entire purpose was to trick people into clicking on the rules, well written though.

If there is nothing groundbreaking and super exciting in RS I'd prefer the fiction to someone trying to force an update to seem interesting.

Also the first or second (can't remember) where trapical wrote the old school piece I really enjoyed. I was hoping sometimes it could follow that and maybe speak to how other vets feel about the progression of the game.

I loved it :)

JUst had to comment on one thin... blueprints are not edited.. the original plans can be edited and reprinted as blueprints, but the blueprints themselves are not editted :wink:

Pdj.png

[02] -RuneScript- *** [ END ]: You gained 444,384 prayer exp in 5secs. That's 319,956,480 exp/h.

I like the way it was written, very captivating, but I found it to be as someone previously mentioned, slightly arrogant.

I imagined a scene in which there are thousands of peasants, all waiting to be passed into the forums for some reason, in a field locked in by gates, with a building in front where noblemen (Staff) lived. It seemed as though you were making out the users to be worthless plebs and the staff to be rich and powerful people whom were being endlessly bothered by the pestilent users.

Didn't seem like a nice place to me, perhaps a town or village, or maybe an office environment would've been a better setting... where the Staff supervise and the users run things, and if they should run things badly the Staff intervene and put these things right?

Just my views... back to the compliments - very well written, and I have no problems with the fact that it wasn't RuneScape related. Those who do, I believe, are being ignorant. Tip.it has no obligation to please its users, and the users have no right to complain if they don't like it, really. It's just a bonus that tip.it does please us, and continues to provide us with excellent content. :)

tifsbti6oi.gif

hahahahahahahahaha, all i have to say is that that noob got uber pwned with the bow!! nice job with the fiction, pretty interesting stuff

keep up the good work here guys!!

-Nad

I found this to be a refreshing change of pace and an entertaining read. Fiction? More allegorical than fiction, I suppose. Having served as a moderator on another fan site, I can certainly empathize with the work the mods and admins do here.

As for those who think this article should be a dry dissertation on current Runescape events, I ask the simple question: Why? This article clearly demonstrates the fact that the administrators here on Tip.It appreciate original, creative, and out-of-the-box thinking. This makes me appreciate this site that much more.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

Hehe that was a great read :D

It did concentrate rather a lot on the negative users and there was no mention of the 99% (i'd guess) of users who aren't any trouble at all, but I guess it's the staffs' jobs to concentrate on that minority. I didn't get the god-peasant impression though.

Oh and yeah, it kinda looked like the crew were just thrown in as an afterthought, but then again they are kinda like a seperate thing...

Hehe that was a great read :D

It did concentrate rather a lot on the negative users and there was no mention of the 99% (i'd guess) of users who aren't any trouble at all, but I guess it's the staffs' jobs to concentrate on that minority. I didn't get the god-peasant impression though.

Oh and yeah, it kinda looked like the crew were just thrown in as an afterthought, but then again they are kinda like a seperate thing...

well they concerntrate on negative users because it shows that serious offenders will not be tolerated. anyway the crew is a seperate thing as they dont really have much to do the forums but keep the website discusion and suggestions board and the website and updates and correction board running..