What Did You Do On Your First Day On Runescape?

Sir_Gladius

My first day of runescape was very...awesome. I remeber i saw it on tech tv so i decided to give it a trie, i played all night long learning snowly how to play, i spent hours and hours butchering cows goblins and chickens. My brother also started on the same day and he hated the game (later on he got addicted and played 24\7). I was fustraded untril i relised that getting 10gp to get across the al kharad gate was unecassary becaause you could go around, mind you this was all when the game only has 2 servers and you could attack anyone anywhere....the good ol days.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember my first day......

I got killed by a goblin andworried so much about the stuff I lost :)

Very rare stuff like leather gloves, shrimps and a tinderbox :lol:

http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/1/Hippodo+3113.png

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

I remember having no clue whatsoever, making it to Draynor village (I later identified the town when I first used the World Map) after being gone who-knows-where, getting killed by a goblin, getting angry and creating a new character. Later on I dumped thar character and went back to Arendra though. :)

Just as I finished cooking my own shrimp and opened the gate, I saw a red flag on my mini map, so i tried to follow it, but it kept moving!! Then I realised that the flag indicated to what point I wanted to go!! :lol:

Omg I did that too when I came back to playing Runescape and it was 3D. lol

I just wanted to go back to the island!

Come to think about it I still just want to go back to the Island...

An endless supply of wind strike!!! I could be like 99 mage! FOR FREE

Speedy+Shaz.png

speedy%20shaz.gif

speedy%20shaz.gif

Dragon Drops: 1 x DChain, 1 x DLegs, 3 x D2H

i remember my first day of rs, i started cause my friend wanted me to,i remember after i got off the island, my friend pmed me, his name was steve, steve had a thing for saying quack alot, i never knew why but it really worked in to my first day.i head towards draynor villiage and got attacked by a highway man, i was dying and noone could help me. i then saw a duck in the little pond across the street say "quack" and i thought it was steve and started asking him for help >.>. cant get any noobier then that

I remember, too, my first day...but it is a little hazy for me, since i started back when RS classic WAS Runescape! I remember creating my char, appearing in the lummy, and then trying to grab myself something to start chopping away at every beast in sight that i could kill w/o dieing. Afterwards, i traveled a ways and ended up in a place far larger than lumbridge. I realized 1 week later that it was Varrock, and I trained for half the day on the training dummys across form the second bank.

Note: this was all before the whole sleeping bag & fatigue fiasco, before tutorial island, and before the tutors.

Sadly, i played only in the summers as a f2p player, and I am only a cb lvl 56 as of now, i think....

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

For my first day I went and started "Cook's Assistant". I was trying to find the windmill to grind some flour, got lost and died when a Highwayman attacked me.

Those were good times.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Agreed. Now, though, i am out of quests to do, sadly. All i have left to do is hit 99 in all f2p skillz, and that would wrap up my char.

Those were the good old days, when I had quests left to do and aspirations for my RS future.

(Sighs)

If only there was a new quest, something as hard a dragon slayer.

Ahh well, Jagex seems too lazy to give the f2p a new quest every year. It doesn't matter. I'll still try to get my stats way up as a f2p b4 i start being p2p, to give me a bit of an advantage, which is the reasoning behind a lot of f2p accounts...

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

my first day, many years ago (nerd) i didn't have to go threw a tutuorial :thumbsup: cuz there wasnt 1 then..walked over towards the general store in lumbridge n kept fighting a bunch of lvl 3s right next to it..then eventualy that got boring so i went over towards the cabbage patch n there was 2 39s fightin so i watched them..then 1 died n i stayed there n got an addy b axe = p i was excited so i went to fight more lvl 3s n veentually died n lost it..wasp issed...but ya..that was about it.

balllllin+pk.png

on my first day (october 2005) i became a victim of the wine of zamorak scam :( when i died i hadnt an idea where the hell i was and just walked around until i somehow walked near the varrock dark magic circle. I saw delrith and thought that a player had summoned him. the dark mages killed me and i ended up in lumby again! :evil: later a guy guided me to fally as i wanted to go to the mine but the guy got killed by a cow lol!

mitsubishi64.jpeg

Click my main sig to see my fakes :D

Proud to be Mexican, yay!

I remember on my first day wanting to get to a bank ( I registered well before the Lumbridge bank was added). I looked on the world map and eventually found where I was after much searching. I saw the nearest bank was in Al Kharid, and made my way over there, only to find I had to pay 10 Coins to get there! Back then 10gp (or rather 10 "coins" as most noobs put it) was the world to me. I was really anoyed that I couldn't get to Al Kharid, but after a while of doing the angry emotes and headbangs, while boasting about how angry I was to other players, I discovered I could go North, around the fence and then back down South. I got to the other side of the gate and started calling people on the other side names, but they just walked through. #-o I asked them how rich they were, and said it was a waste of money, so this level 50 something gave me 100 gp. I was over the moon!

I also looked on Google to find out what the word "noob" meant. :XD:

sig-3.jpg

jenkees2.png

jenkees2.png

It was four years ago, RSC. I just wanted to check everything out so I walked along the road from Lumbridge West to the crafting guild, and then I went South to the maze and got killed by a rat outside the maze. I then went walking around again, and I again got killed by a rat. I think the second time I might have gone to the wild outside of Varrock, and the rats there killed me. Then I went walking aroung again, but I wanted to go back to Lumbridge so I started asking people how to get back to "the first city". That's how I made my first friend, I met someone who agreed to show me around, then he took me to edgville and suggested I fight the men in the house there. I did that for a little while but then I died again. Then I talked to the Duke and he said to mine, so I did some mining and smithing in Al Kharid.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg[r]

i got one that really makes me look back and laugh... my first acc was kill by that lvl 6 mugger near lumby i got so freaked when he hit me i kept yelling at him ... i dont want to fight u dude

i died and lost everything on that acc and x'd before he got me i didnt play again for a week... even then i was to destroyed to continue on that acc and made a new one. the saddedst part.... i even tryd to scare the mugger off (i did think he was a playr so i thought i could talk to him) i lied to him about my combat lvls... talk about sad neh? :oops:

Well, I just didn't know what the hell is good in banking your items.

It was all like, I bought a newcomer map and wandered around. Finally I got to Draynor village. So I got some friend while asking "Where can I smith stuff?" (I couldn't figure it out, not even with the map!) And we cooked lots of shrimps but that was the only thing I did, since I didn't know how to get stuff for catching sardines.

Later I managed to smith my first few bronze stuff, and got a bronze full helm for a wiz hat ( :thumbsup: ) and when finally I got some decent stuff I got password scammed ( :-$ )

Amazingly for me, it only took me 2 days to start a new account. Now it's going all well, and at least I was prepared the second time (about 10 mins for tutorial island as opposed to 20 for the first time).

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

First thing i did was to start going north... Till I found a scary high-lvl bear and ran all the way back to lumbridge.

After that i bought a newcomer map (i had the map always with me) and started to kill cows.

My goal was to get high combat level (I mean like cb 25...). :D

I remember when i tried to ask people how i could train defence and strength levels, but no1 told me... :( Had like attack level 15, strength level 1 and defence level 1 before i found out how to change the attack-style...

zeldamcsigihpk001jpg.jpg

When I started to play RS it was RS2.

I remember in the tutorial, when you have to smith bronze bars, it took me ages to finally find how to make a dagger :lol:

Also when I eventually saw you could go further then the goblins in lumby I was like combat lvl 23, I believe :P

The Good Old Day's playing RS \'

[skiller to Die for]*

dragonmattcape,maakt%20ni%20uit.gif

What you describe isn't Pking, it's just people fighting who don't know where Al Kharid is...

When i started, i was absolutley silent. i walked north and found what i now know as varrock, a big house near a mine (ive never ever knew where i was then and still havent figured it out). Varrock was the strange city wandered around it. I soon came across (after exiting varrock) the wildy. wasnt edgeville, haven't figured out where i was then, had a chat, fllowed a guy (i trusted him majorly) and died. tried to find 'strange city' again buy failed, and soon my runescape life was running from lumby to draynor (my best moment was selling a red bead for 1k!) until i explored again. then it all changed.

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

They don't have to be ingame or reportable. For all you know there could be invisible monkeys running around Varrock making faces at people. :P

When I had started on RSC (When there were "classes" rather than the tutorial island), I made a player named "Pirate_man2" (lame, huh? Just like my current username, haha) and I remember exploring RuneScape... the first day I roamed across the bridge and headed north from Lumbridge and saw some houses. I feared I would get lost so I went back.

The next day I left Lumbridge I found Port Sarim (I don't remember the exact route I took to get there, but I believe it was through Draynor, north to barb village, then Falador? It was quite a long trip for me) and since it was the only route I knew to get there, I stuck with it to get to Port Sarim. I looked at the map a month later and I saw that Port Sarim is just a short walk through Draynor :wall:

Then when I had full mithril, and like 10k, I thought I was pure ownage... Then someone impersonated Jagex and stole my account #-o

So then I made KingKnight1...

EDIT: Also I remember finding that guy Urnhey or something in the swamp, being rude and all. So I said "*beep* you, you suck!" thinking he would respond LMAO :lol:

And then I saw the cook in the castle and I added him to my friends list because he was nice, hahahaha. I had wondered why it said he was offline.

KingKnight1.jpeg

i managed to wander all the way across the bridge, but i was scared that the goblins and the al-karid toll gate guards would attack me lol, also decided to go to varrok. what did i do? i payed the toll guards and went far east hoping would end up in varrok, i was wrong :thumbsup:

prisoner-1.jpg

Noob: Can I have your sausages plz

I guess he was referring to my whip.

i hope so :shock:

Master agility-er (=/) in the making, only 29 levels to go =]