No More Safespots. GF Fight Caves.

Lap

Well, with the new engine update, monsters are now MUCH MUCH smarter, and safespotting is hard for most things. Example:

Safespotting a Tzhaar across vents will leave them to move around the vents. Blue dragons will now back away until you are forced out every time,they will also move around obstacles. Tormented Wraith's are a pain, and the worst one of all...

YOU CAN'T SAFESPOT FIGHT CAVES.

Yep, I doubt this is a glitch, as many of the monster's AI seems to be much improved, either way, I doubt I'm getting a fire cape anytime soon.

Confirmed Ruined Safespots:

Tormented Demons

Dagganoth Kings

Rock Lobsters, the Dags now attack while bursting

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really really hope its just a glitch. otherwise range now has next to no advantage. whats the point of attacking from a distance if you can still be attacked back?

oh and is it just me or do these new graphics look pretty much exactly the same? i see some very subtle differences but thats it.

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

So Jagex somehow managed to make Magic even WORSE in PvM. =D>

Great now Rangers/Mages have to pay for both arrows/runes AND food, wile meleers only have to pay for food. Gooooo melee :roll:!

Someone one should give Jagex the prestigious reward for stupidity :wall: .

Prism_Swords.png

Jagex giveth with one hand and take with the other...

but they take far more than they give...

I mean, they boosted magic's max hit by 10% with certain staves and allowed autocasting without a staff, though that mostly makes hybriding easier, but they utterly destroy safespotting- something required by both rangers and mages to function.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

^ f that -.-

Edit: safespots are'nt nerfed. im at the tzhaar caves right now ranging with no problem.

u had me scared there for bit.. #-o

most of them are. I almost died at dk's today because rex couldnt be lured and prime can hit you all over the room. td's got smarter and just move back if you are safe spotting them. Luckily, I got my fire cape before the update......

If it was, that was a stupid move on their part.

Butt your sposed 2 difend Gajex no matter wut!

This is a good opportunity for people to realize that we don't have this unconditional love for the company, but instead that we mostly do agree with their intentions, and if we don't then we will be honest and say we don't. Everything happens for a reason. :thumbup:

Butt your sposed 2 difend Gajex no matter wut!

I'm sorry you had to see that *releases cyanide gas to deal with witnesses*

This is a good opportunity for people to realize that we don't have this unconditional love for the company, but instead that we mostly do agree with their intentions, and if we don't then we will be honest and say we don't. Everything happens for a reason. :thumbup:

I don't have unconditional love for them. It's like when a parent says "I don't hate you, I just hate your actions."

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

another [bleep] up by jagex. lol.

if i hadnt quit before, i would have now. lol. they have an uncanny ability to turn everything they touch into a pile of [cabbage]

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

The safe spots seem to still work in barrows and at the tzaar for me.

I'm hoping the DK one is a hiccup as I was really really looking forward to going back to maging at the DKs with my new SGS

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Also, I was unable to hit the western (Wallasalki) door support in Waterbirth sublevel 1 from the Northern spot, but was able to hit the south (Range Dag) door support. Took 3 people to get into the dungeon -.-

dun like it dun play

Excuse me if i think its unfair that i won't be able to get a firecape now, and people who did it before did much easier than i would have to.

It is unfair.

It's going to cost me so much more than $50 to get a fire cape on my level 47 now.

Zerker_jane.png

Meh, it's not as bad as you guys think. All Jagex needs to do is make "grinding" food inexpensive. You don't really use sharks for slayer tasks, right? But something that heals about 10 or 12 hp that's a common drop from most monsters would be very helpful.

Hell, as a hunter in wow, you NEED a pet to hold aggro against a melee opponent, else the mob will get in your melee range where you can't attack with range (means next to -75% damage). As a mage or warlock you also NEED a snare or a pet, respectively, to keep the adds at bay or else you will die very quickly.

Remember rsc when you can't eat in combat? You can "bandage" in wow, but only once a minute, over 7 seconds of no interruptions, and it only heals about 25% of one's health at max hp/bandage. Eating in combat is a blessing. Jagex just needs to improve some grinding food drops on slayer monsters.

That, or make bones to peaches work on all bones and even ashes.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg