No More Safespots. GF Fight Caves.

Lap

I really wish that this was intentional change. Safespotting shouldn't really exist, especially at boss monsters like dks. And no monster really should be that stupid that it stays standing behind obstacle while it can easily go around it. You can still kill monsters without taking melee damage, it's just not as afkable.

You are just too used to how it has been in runescape and can't accept that it could change. Unfortunately I think it is glitch since they didn't announce it anywhere.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes the cape more harder to get, won't it get more respect this way?

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Makes the cape more harder to get, won't it get more respect this way?

After a long period of time, yes, a little. But like someone said, thousands already got it before the update. Once the update has been around for a long period of time, and you see someone with a Fire Cape, they are either a veteran or someone who got it the hard way.

It's like Party Hats. When they first came out, no one respected them. But after a few years, wearing a Party Hat only meant one of three things - you're a veteran, you made tons of money to get it, or you got extremely lucky and found it on the floor/friend gave to you.

Well, with the new engine update, monsters are now MUCH MUCH smarter, and safespotting is hard for most things. Example:

Safespotting a Tzhaar across vents will leave them to move around the vents. Blue dragons will now back away until you are forced out every time,they will also move around obstacles. Tormented Wraith's are a pain, and the worst one of all...

YOU CAN'T SAFESPOT FIGHT CAVES.

Yep, I doubt this is a glitch, as many of the monster's AI seems to be much improved, either way, I doubt I'm getting a fire cape anytime soon.

Confirmed Ruined Safespots:

Tormented Demons

Dagganoth Kings

Rock Lobsters, the Dags now attack while bursting

Please remove Dagganoth Kings from this list, as the safespots have only moved, not changed.

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

Actually, there are more safespots than ever. Previously, you could only trap large monsters on the west and south sides of a rock formation/table/what have you. Now, you can get them stuck on all 4 sides. You just have to lure them a bit over first, then get them stuck on the wall.

There shouldn't be safe spots in the first place.....man up and attack the monster face to face :)

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

I really wish that this was intentional change. Safespotting shouldn't really exist, especially at boss monsters like dks. And no monster really should be that stupid that it stays standing behind obstacle while it can easily go around it. You can still kill monsters without taking melee damage, it's just not as afkable.

You are just too used to how it has been in runescape and can't accept that it could change. Unfortunately I think it is glitch since they didn't announce it anywhere.

But there's a problem: the normal compensation for mages and rangers low armor is not present. In other games, Mages hit high and have abilities to slow or stop enemies. The best WE have are ice burst spells and some entangling things. Furthermore, Magic is the most expensive combat discipline.

Rangers are SUPPOSED to hit without being hit. Really, it's the entire point of a bow. They, like mages, must pay for consumable ammunition and, generally, have weaker armor. Other games have mechanics so these are a fair trade off, but Runescape does not.

Face it, the only thing that made maging or ranging feasible was safespotting. At least in PvM...

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

for all those of you that say there shouldnt be safespots, thats one of the only advantages range and mage has over melee, the ability to attack from a distance. if you read the official runescape range guide on the main page, it encourages the use of safespotting to gain an advantage.

take away safespotting, and there really will be no combat triangle.

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

What is it since the PVP/trade limit updates? They have fixed one thing only to make another horrific [bleep] up. They are idiots and would be better off just reverting to the 2k5 game engine and fixing PVP. That way the game is the way it was best and there are no credit card issues for Jagex,

What is it since the PVP/trade limit updates? They have fixed one thing only to make another horrific [bleep] up. They are idiots and would be better off just reverting to the 2k5 game engine and fixing PVP. That way the game is the way it was best and there are no credit card issues for Jagex,

Tell me how are they going to magically fix PVP without having those credit card issues...?

i see why they did it i mean when a lvl 50 or probablly lower can get a cape that you go through 63 waves of constant fighting and the last fight being a lvl 700 and something bass (to lazy to look up actual level) then something has to be done

but yea also kinda unfair that some people already got it and more the easier way

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

In my opinion most Runescapers are resilient and will find a way to get around these broken safespots. There are 2 kinds of players out there. People who complain (You all) and people who do (The ones who write guides fixing these problems) GF Tip.It Forums :P
How? The way magic and range are set up YOU HAVE NO ADVANTAGES OTHER THAN SAFESPOTTING. It's more expensive to train, the armor isn't as good, and you have lower damage output, at least for mages.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

In my opinion most Runescapers are resilient and will find a way to get around these broken safespots. There are 2 kinds of players out there. People who complain (You all) and people who do (The ones who write guides fixing these problems) GF Tip.It Forums :P
How? The way magic and range are set up YOU HAVE NO ADVANTAGES OTHER THAN SAFESPOTTING. It's more expensive to train, the armor isn't as good, and you have lower damage output, at least for mages.

Your obviously not the creative type who will find a way around this, but eventually a few people will figure out a way around these problems and it will catch on, Safespotting was a trick found out by someone a long time ago and Jagex decided to change this tactic of combat. There will be another tactic to get around this, it just takes some time to figure it out.

Your obviously not the creative type who will find a way around this, but eventually a few people will figure out a way around these problems and it will catch on, Safespotting was a trick found out by someone a long time ago and Jagex decided to change this tactic of combat. There will be another tactic to get around this, it just takes some time to figure it out.

YOU'RE NOT FRICKIN' GETTING IT. The knowledge base TELLS us to use safespots. It's part of THEIR game, it was THEIR idea. Safespots are the ONLY advantage to range and magic, at least in training. This is not about being creative- just like not being able to Prayer switch against Jad can't be overcome with new tactics.

Them removing safespotting is like Blizzard removing all slowing and immobilizing spells from every caster class. You've just entirely RUBBISHED that form of combat. Keeping enemies at a distance is what those sort of disciplines REQUIRE.

YOU'RE NOT FRICKIN' GETTING IT. The knowledge base TELLS us to use safespots. It's part of THEIR game, it was THEIR idea. Safespots are the ONLY advantage to range and magic, at least in training. This is not about being creative- just like not being able to Prayer switch against Jad can't be overcome with new tactics.

Them removing safespotting is like Blizzard removing all slowing and immobilizing spells from every caster class. You've just entirely RUBBISHED that form of combat. Keeping enemies at a distance is what those sort of disciplines REQUIRE.

Its still probably possible to safespot, just gotta go about it differently. Then again it could just very well be a glitch affecting a few accounts, I'm not sure how that would work but overall, I wouldn't worry about it.

Its still probably possible to safespot, just gotta go about it differently. Then again it could just very well be a glitch affecting a few accounts, I'm not sure how that would work but overall, I wouldn't worry about it.