What is your ping like?

jimv

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who didnt know, the provider of your connection makes a big difference in the pings/lags. Sometimes the provider has the connection worked out so that for example when i live in finland, connect finnish server the way it goes = my home --> sweden --> server in finland. Then ofcourse the the speed of your connection & broadband/dial-up etc.

Does anyone else have a huge different in pings at different times? Midnight my time, I had pings in the 20s... noonish my time, lowest pings I can get are in the 60s (most in the 90s) .

Maybe its because my isp runs business internet lines that are the most busy durring the day so I get more bandwidth after working hours? I also live like only a few blocks from campus. But this still seems like a big difference. Could it also be how many people are on the server, rs side?

I've always noticed the difference, now it's quanified...

I wonder if there is anything I can do about it?

Right now middle of the day... 38 Lowest, 325 highest.

World 26 members PVP is 40 for me. :thumbsup:

It's also odd how Ohio and Pennsylvania servers are giving me better pings than Texas and California servers, when they are 2000 miles away.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

16-25 in the day, 10-15 at night. For virtually all Euro worlds (USA: 100+, NZ/Aus: 300+)

Good ping I guess.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]