Wow a level 138! Discusion on what impresed you

ford_landau

Now, I cba'ed. I'm level-112 and my brother is level-132. It's too common around her :cry:

I'll guess hes younger, What amazes me is the sheer amount of level 130+'s only being a bunch of 12-14 year old kids. Geez I'm like 5 years older and I cant even sit at a computer and grind like a child. They must have some serious "No-Paying-Attention" skills.

Popoto.~<3

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing a level 120+ was pretty amazing 4-5 years ago.

i agree. when i got to level 20, i thought the max was like 99 and then i saw a lvl 116...

im pretty sure most people have had moments like that early on XD i sure did.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Nothing really turns my head in Runescape, other then people who can actually say they enjoy Runescape... Im not impressed by people who have high levels, unless they've actually enjoyed getting them.

When you see the same person doing the same thing for hours a day, sometimes when you log off and 10 hours later the same guy is Rc'ing for example without a break, theres nothing special about that... It just proves you lack the real joys in life.

Theres no deying we've all sat at your computers on our days off for hours on end playing Runescape, but grinding proves nothing other than you need to get out the house. :lol:

Saw some level 55 a few months ago with trimmed summoning cape, full 3rd age melee without kiteshield, ags and a phat (I should clarify that he kept switching between 3rd age helm and phat). I still remember him so I guess I was impressed.

Other than the very rare novelty accounts like the one above the accounts that can impress me are maxed pures, and just accounts that are fairly unique. Every high level main looks pretty much the same with nothing special about them.

Zerker_jane.png

RSC - 100+cb OR a good pker ... I made it to 96 on main but never to 100+cb. :(

RSnow - Nothing... sadly. :(

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

lvls don't impress me anymore. Really, only two things do:

1) Longevity - how long you've been playing the game for... If you've been playing since RSC, you're a star in my book, no matter your lvl

2) Spelling, grammar and most importantly MATURITY

Big "turn offs" (no respect from me)

1) High lvls (let's say.. lvl 120+ although that may not be considered "high" anymore) who have only been playing the game for a couple of years.

2) Easy skill capes on lower lvled players. I don't understand the obsession with having a skill cape... to brag or something? Either way, I find it completely lame. "Get a life" is what I think. :P

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

[hide=]
this guy was pretty awesome to see

fulldrag.png

So in conclusion many of you have been playing for years, what are your thoughts? Does seeing a 138 with a party hat impress you? If not what does? When is the last time anyone has said to you something like "nice whip" or something along those lines?

I'm not really impressed by high levels/wealth anymore because it's more common now/I've experienced it myself. The only thing that amazes me anymore are unique accounts - i.e that d.i.y guy.

and I don't really get complimented much because I don't spend my money on good gear lol

[/hide]

Haha I love that screeny, that guy in the dragon summed up the "look" from 2005 of what a high leveled player looked like! behold his 30 mill dragon chainbody, legends cape and shiny new rune boots from the new slayer skill :D

Also I remember that desert boots were huge fashion back in the day!

I totally looked like that full dragon douchbag back then aswell. I dont even own a whip or half my skill capes. I spend all my cash on skills. Ill buy a pretty outfit when im done.

wow if you remember when desert boots were cool IRL you might be older then me!

Fools_Taco.png

Well sense I got 99 rcing, nothing really impresses me anymore, kinda sad really. now i just play the game for fun, try to be nice and stuff.

Only the most extreme things are hard to achieve these days, like 1b b.o.b, max total or 200m in a skill, all of which approch scary unhealthy.

I realize now that its better to play for the small momnents, like a good conversation or mabey a ranarr drop than for 99 skills and big ticket items.

anyway, nothing impresses me anymore. although i do get "nice cape" atleast 2 tims an hour.

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

[hide=]

fulldrag.png

So in conclusion many of you have been playing for years, what are your thoughts? Does seeing a 138 with a party hat impress you? If not what does? When is the last time anyone has said to you something like "nice whip" or something along those lines?

I'm not really impressed by high levels/wealth anymore because it's more common now/I've experienced it myself. The only thing that amazes me anymore are unique accounts - i.e that d.i.y guy.

and I don't really get complimented much because I don't spend my money on good gear lol

[/hide]

Haha I love that screeny, that guy in the dragon summed up the "look" from 2005 of what a high leveled player looked like! behold his 30 mill dragon chainbody, legends cape and shiny new rune boots from the new slayer skill :D

I totally looked like that full dragon douchbag back then aswell. I dont even own a whip or half my skill capes. I spend all my cash on skills. Ill buy a pretty outfit when im done.

I have to admit i was a dragon douche bag too back then with my shiny dragon chain at falador world 2 :P Haha

About the desert boots : i wasn't talking about real life I was just stating that in 2004-2005 many players loved the cooking gloves and desert boots "look" i still kind of do.. haha you must be older than me, im 20 next month so I wouldn't have been around for any fashion with desert boots! hehe. Good times people :)

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

Nothing does. 8 years on and I don't even have a 99 or a Quest Cape. to be honest I wish all those players who DID get 138 in a year etc etc and brag about it (or anyone who's rich and brags about it), a miserable life because you sure made my Runescape life a crappy one, especially when the only drop I ever got that was worth something was a 180k D skirt. -.-

Wow, you seriously sound like your panties are in a knot. Get over yourself. You may not play as much as others, but the reason you don't have a 99 or QP cape is that you CHOSE not to get one. The reason you have never had a good drop is you don't MH enough. Try 50+ hours at corpie pro teams without seeing a sigil, or 30+ hours at bandos without a cs'ed split or 15+ abby demon tasks without a whip and then come and whine about your luck. If you get so damn jealous over people who brag about their levels, why don't you TRAIN! I get teesed about untrimmed attack cape on occasion, I just tell them I haven't been playing as long as some people, (under 2.5 years), I prefer untrimmed attack cape's looks, and I don't feel like training fletching/cooking/fming or actually any other buy able 99 to trim my cape. Sometimes I do

"brag" about how I got my gear, but that is when people ask or w/e.

I've gone 30 hours at bandos straight now without a drop besides shards and a d spear. Missed gassy doesn't count cause it was ls and from a minion. I've also gotten a silver ore drop and a nothing drop.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

[hide=]

fulldrag.png

[/hide]

I have to admit i was a dragon douche bag too back then with my shiny dragon chain at falador world 2 :P Haha

About the desert boots : i wasn't talking about real life I was just stating that in 2004-2005 many players loved the cooking gloves and desert boots "look" i still kind of do.. haha you must be older than me, im 20 next month so I wouldn't have been around for any fashion with desert boots! hehe. Good times people :)

Desert boots where the coolest back in the late eighties. They kinda looked like this.

http://www.balconyshirts.co.uk/Trainers ... c1322.aspx

Only with a really dumb spin the 80s put on everything. Im 32 so thank god i didn't have to partake in 80s fashion in a high school setting. I have a few friends who were in high school in the 80s, their yearbooks are a lesson in hilarity.

Fools_Taco.png

lvls don't impress me anymore. Really, only two things do:

1) Longevity - how long you've been playing the game for... If you've been playing since RSC, you're a star in my book, no matter your lvl

2) Spelling, grammar and most importantly MATURITY

Big "turn offs" (no respect from me)

1) High lvls (let's say.. lvl 120+ although that may not be considered "high" anymore) who have only been playing the game for a couple of years.

2) Easy skill capes on lower lvled players. I don't understand the obsession with having a skill cape... to brag or something? Either way, I find it completely lame. "Get a life" is what I think. :P

Easy skill capes is easy defense bonusses

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]