Wow a level 138! Discusion on what impresed you

ford_landau

Hardly anything impresses me nowadays. Because of some of my friends, i've pretty much seen every cape, every drop (friend of mine got 6man cs divine sigil today, I left the team less than an hour before :wall: ), and every expensive item that usually impress people. Instead it's more of a matter of me respecting them...Kind of difficult to explain, but here's a few examples:

-Talking to someone for an extended period of time, and not hearing the word "noob" come up in once, even when they talk to other people

-Seeing people help others with questions, even if the answer is something everybody should know

-PKers not making fun of you after you're killed

-People who'll hop worlds and bless your grave, no questions asked ::'

-Seeing a high level (or someone who it's obvious they have multiple 99s) who's skilling or sitting around and isn't wearing a skill cape/flashy armor

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day it would be the insanely rich people who caught my eye; minus the people who obviously traded it from their main.

Now adays it's someone who knows what they doing in a minigame or someone with very nice unbuyable skills.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

For some reason I turn heads with my cape. "How long did it take you?" "How did you do it?" "How much alcohol was consumed?" Of course, I also get the "Look at that guy with no life" every once in a while.

I don't really like untrimmed capes. They look nice, but they also limit your character's achievement. I saw a level 25 with a hitpoints cape, and said, "That's really impressive, but what are you going to do when you want to get better with that guy? All that hard work is going to be for nothing."

I'm currently working on trimming my agility cape, and I get annoyed when people tell me that I should leave it untrimmed.

What impresses me is a high-level character taking time out of his grinding to help a noob with something. I saw a guy the other day with a runecrafting cape teaching a level 70 on the basics of runecrafting in the Abyss. As someone who lost full rune because he was ignorant (everyone was) when it came out, I was impressed and told him so. His response: "It's no big deal. Five minutes of teaching makes a friend for life."

It's a pity that more people aren't like that guy.

Astaroth51.png

signc6.png

-Talking to someone for an extended period of time, and not hearing the word "noob" come up in once, even when they talk to other people

-Seeing people help others with questions, even if the answer is something everybody should know

-Seeing a high level (or someone who it's obvious they have multiple 99s) who's skilling or sitting around and isn't wearing a skill cape/flashy armor

These are really what impress me. Well, not so much the latter as I don't mind that. But just general kindness on RuneScape, and everything not being about "Me, myself and I." Have Gp doesn't impress me, having high stats doesn't really either. I couldn't care for them as much as others. Watching someone enjoy what they're doing is good, though. :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

These are really what impress me. Well, not so much the latter as I don't mind that. But just general kindness on RuneScape, and everything not being about "Me, myself and I." Have Gp doesn't impress me, having high stats doesn't really either. I couldn't care for them as much as others. Watching someone enjoy what they're doing is good, though. :thumbup:

I agree with Winners points aswell (and almost all the people who have said it's the personality).

Its a shame that in general, it does seema rarity to find alot of those points within the community.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Hey everyone I am amazed by the great replies I have received from you all!

I am getting the impression that this is the list of things you find impressive in order of importance:

1. Community minded, you help out other players, don't call people a noob, play for the lol's

2. You are "skillfull" someone that knows what they are doing in a minigame such as greatorb project.

3. You have high total and non combat skills/items e.g adze/ slayer cape/ rc cape

4. High Combat Level

5. Expensive Items such as partyhat/other rares/gs

Hehe nice nice!

I also got the impression that higher level players are not impressed anymore, the reason would be because they have acheived most things in the game.

My Poor Analogy:

[hide=]Kind of like if you owned a Ferrari(138), you wouldnt be impressed by another Ferrari(138) but if you saw an old muscle car custom(slayerbelle) you would find it unique and impressive? (i failed)[/hide]

Just for conversational value about this time last year I was playing alot more than I am now, and I got kind of burnt out from Runescape. Every morning I would wake up turn my computer on, put in my offer of 100 guthan helms, plates, spears and chainskirts. Then every afternoon I would make them into a set and then sell them off, making around 10mill a day. This was all to much for me so I decided to "quit" as many players reading this have in the past. I dropped 600m in the falador party room, all money I had made from 2006-2008.

I started back up RS in December 2008-or Jan 2009 after having a break from RS and realising I didnt need to quit, but rather just play the game for what it is. So this year starting from scratch I began my journey to 99 slayer (from level 80) it took me about six months from level 80 and it was the best time I have ever had playing the game. Im not worried about money at all, I used to be a dirty greedy merchant. And I would say it was impressive players I met on my slayer journeys. I am good friends with many and impressive people like that made runescape for me.

Anyways thats my post for the morning, if you see me logged in ill 100% be at waterfiends, getting the last 3k crimsons for 99summoning. Feel free to add me if you like :D (remember 2 spaces not 1)... well until name changing comes out lol :P

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

Nothing does. 8 years on and I don't even have a 99 or a Quest Cape. to be honest I wish all those players who DID get 138 in a year etc etc and brag about it (or anyone who's rich and brags about it), a miserable life because you sure made my Runescape life a crappy one, especially when the only drop I ever got that was worth something was a 180k D skirt. -.-

Wow, you seriously sound like your panties are in a knot. Get over yourself. You may not play as much as others, but the reason you don't have a 99 or QP cape is that you CHOSE not to get one. The reason you have never had a good drop is you don't MH enough. Try 50+ hours at corpie pro teams without seeing a sigil, or 30+ hours at bandos without a cs'ed split or 15+ abby demon tasks without a whip and then come and whine about your luck. If you get so damn jealous over people who brag about their levels, why don't you TRAIN! I get teesed about untrimmed attack cape on occasion, I just tell them I haven't been playing as long as some people, (under 2.5 years), I prefer untrimmed attack cape's looks, and I don't feel like training fletching/cooking/fming or actually any other buy able 99 to trim my cape. Sometimes I do "brag" about how I got my gear, but that is when people ask or w/e.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Definitely anyone with a farming skillcape, because it's my dream 99, but will take me 1yr+ of playing to get it off maple trees, which is the only thing I can afford. Maybe a month or two less because of all the herb/bush run's I'm going to be doing to pay for all the seeds :?

Other than that, a level 60 who knows what they're doing...

disturbeda.png

It may sound biased, but I only have respect for:

1. People who actually give a damn about Slayer instead of just going for the best xp/hr option.

2. People who don't try to be special.

3. Players who when Slaying look out for other players and don't just focus on themselves or try to steal spots.

4. Level 125+ players at GodWars wearing untrimmed Cooking capes, it's just so rad! ::'

A well designed and thought out POH. How rare.

You should stop by my POH sometime. Seriously.

It may sound biased, but I only have respect for:

1. People who actually give a damn about Slayer instead of just going for the best xp/hr option.

3. Players who when Slaying look out for other players and don't just focus on themselves or try to steal spots.

4. Level 125+ players at GodWars wearing untrimmed Cooking capes, it's just so rad! ::'

I need to run into you sometime then. I almost always hop if I feel there are too many people at a spot, I never cannon any of my slayer tasks and I never piety them either. One thing I can say is DO NOT bother me while I'm at Kalphite Guardians on W2 or W6.

Sure I only get like 12k xp an hour but hey, I like the thrill of slayer and some of the drops I get from it. Call me crazy but I think clues are even more random fun.

Anyways, I greatly respect people who spend weeks at Corp Beast without getting a sigil, it takes a lot to be able to deal with that. I am also impressed a lot by soloers at GWD. I know someone who has had 3 arma hilts and 2 sara hilts but has also died a few times there as well and lost 30M per death. I also respect the mining cape, people who runecraft nats to 99, and people like Danqazmlp (sp?) who master every minigame RS has to offer. There are others but I don't want to write a essay here :lol:

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

So you want everyone to play the game exactly the same way?

I'm talking about the "need" to be special, as in telling me you own full dragon on 3 main accounts while you tout your untrimmed fletching cape around like you're a god. Not to bash Fletching or anything, I've just hosted too many 99 parties where my friend getting the 99 invites these people and I have to deal with them running around for a half hour. :(

I might get a little envious, but I'm not impressed at all. I mean if they want to play a lot, good for them. If they got lucky, good for them.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Untrimmed capes, such as...

Construction (A couple years ago, there was only 2 or 3 I think)

Mining(looks cool)

Slayer(ive only see one)

Hit points (its more common, but still a beautiful cape)

Thats about it :oops:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Seeing a level 120+ was pretty amazing 4-5 years ago.

i agree. when i got to level 20, i thought the max was like 99 and then i saw a lvl 116...

I remember seeing L6vi while I was mining near Ardougne YEARS ago. He was level 116 or something. I couldn't believe my eyes.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.