Wow a level 138! Discusion on what impresed you

ford_landau

I'm impressed MOST by...

Gathering skillcapes (wc, fishing, hunter, etc.)

Slayer skillcape (GOD I want that it's so purdy)

Defence skillcape (YAY someone agrees with me that defense is awesome)

Runecrafting (Crazy... but awesome cape)

Summoning (I wonder if you have a slayer cape too...)

Agility (I saw untrimmed one yesterday =P~ must think of a good outfit to go with the one I wanna get eventually)

Untrimmeds of said skillcapes (ESPECIALLY SLAYER :D )

Full plate dragon (so... red... =P~ you rich *bleepbleep* :shock: )

The shinyshiny 138 combat.

However, most important is your attitude. You can be 138 cmb and 99 in all skills, but if you're a dbag the respect-o-meter is going WAY down.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capes I find respectable now:

• [*:3mvz93nc]Slayer

[*:3mvz93nc]Farming

[*:3mvz93nc]Runecrafting

[*:3mvz93nc]Mining

[*:3mvz93nc]Agility

[*:3mvz93nc]Fishing

[*:3mvz93nc]Woodcutting

I find it wierd how many people on here are listing Smithing as a "hard or respectable" cape. Smithing cape took me under a week and only cost me 25M, it is one of the easier "expensive" buyables.

What did you do for smith campy? I calculated it at 40-50m.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Yesterday, I got complimented by a level 103 for my nice dds spec on an Abberant Spectre :P 31-26, which is fairly good, but not something I get complimented on a lot. I guess it surprised him :)

What impreses me, is skillcapes on players you wouldn't assume to have them, like a level 3 I've seen running around Seers with a runecrafting cape, and a level 20ish with a trimmed herblore cape. People in Spirit Shields with sigils get a second glance from me, as well as those in 3rd age, but I agree with the opinion that we see a lot of people like this now :P

One of the opinions I've read is that most high combat guys tend to be obnoxious, or don't train other skills much. I happen to talk to most people when I train on my slayer task, no matter what level they are :P On my skills, I plan to max combat before concentrating on skilling, so it won't distract me :thumbsup:

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Errr I got lucky with the price of my smithing, when SC was updated and made very good I dropped over 200M into addy bars before they rose like wild. The fact still stands though that it can be done in a week or two, and costs less than many of the "Expensive" 99's.

- Someone who doesn't see the words, "99 mining/slayer/rc/etc.," and think "CAPE RESPECT CAPE RESPECT."

- Someone who plays the game to impress themselves, not other people.

- Someone who makes the effort to appear kind and approachable, rather than rude and grumpy.

The game seems much more mechanical than personal nowadays. I don't like that.

wl7w9j.png

I remember I kept on dying to lvl 9 men! Then a lvl like 50 went up and killed it. My first day of RSC, I was mad impressed.

Over the years though, nothing really impresses.... Unless I know the person.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Errr I got lucky with the price of my smithing, when SC was updated and made very good I dropped over 200M into addy bars before they rose like wild. The fact still stands though that it can be done in a week or two, and costs less than many of the "Expensive" 99's.

Blast furnace is 60k xp/h and you even make a tiny profit :mrgreen:

I met a really high level once (between 120-138) I didn't even say a word to him/her and they just started calling me a "noob" and a bunch of other "adapted profanity" to bypass the filter.

Now I'm not saying that was enough to make me automatically think everyone of a high level was a rude kid, but it did prove to me that levels/what they wear, means nothing. I refuse to make people my idols based on only those types of things.

Untitled-1_01-1.png

awcaddet2.gifawcaddet2.gifUntitled-1_04-1.pngsig-11716.jpgsig-11743.jpgsig-11744.jpgsig-11745.jpg

(Signature Work in Progress)

Nothing really impress me nowadays. In 2005, I saw some guy run arround with full dragon, I was really impressed.

+1. now, stats and levels don't impress me. the only thing that'll impress me is kindness.

"Expensive" capes, phats and old holiday event items impress me but I very rarely make a comment on any of them. I think they might just get a bit sick of it, but if i'm friends with that person then i'll sometimes go "Congratulations on 99 -insert skill and name here-!". Even if they've had it for months ::'

I have an untrimmed herb cape (I don't wanna trim it! :cry: ) which gets a lot of attention, "how much money did it cost?", "how long did it take?". If they ask for the emote nicely then i'll do it for them, if it's a demand then i'll refuse.

I also have a respect for people who train skills because they like them, not just for a cape. Loads of people ask me "Why don't you trim it now, you're fishing is close.". And they're all confused when I reply that i'm not too bothered about 99's :? Does my cape really *have* to be trimmed? I'll get it eventually, but in my own time. People are too obsessed with skill capes...

And of course I respect people if they're kind and helpful, don't see too much of it nowadays.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Nothing does. 8 years on and I don't even have a 99 or a Quest Cape. to be honest I wish all those players who DID get 138 in a year etc etc and brag about it (or anyone who's rich and brags about it), a miserable life because you sure made my Runescape life a crappy one, especially when the only drop I ever got that was worth something was a 180k D skirt. -.-

Me too, I've gotten a dragon plateskirt when it was 170k or something, and maybe a couple rune items from looting old pkri's, but thats it. :lol:

And guys, smithing is easy, I've seen countless smithing capes, the blast furnace makes it cheap. Dunno how it is with the new shop updates though.

Staurolite.png

People with 2000+ total levels are really impressive. They show a lot of ability to "survive" different types of game play. People WITHOUT 99s and still above 2000 are EXTREMELY impressive, as they can resist getting the level.

watch this sapce, I'm gonna achieve that in few months :thumbsup:

OT: the only guys i appreciate on runescape these days are jmods. they're the only ones who does more than click, wait, and ranting.

they write update, release update, receiving a good amount of rants, fixing update/nerfing update

want_a_box.png

Nothing really impress me nowadays. In 2005, I saw some guy run arround with full dragon, I was really impressed.
+1. now, stats and levels don't impress me. the only thing that'll impress me is kindness.
+2 then, not to mention I also nostalgia'd hard when I saw that pic of the guy in full dragon. Especially since I took a very similar screencap back in the day too (even in the same place, what a coincidence):

[hide=]lolold.png[/hide]

I got pretty excited about that back then, but now only skillcapes or interesting accounts (slayerbelle, defil3d, etc) are impressive to me.

+2 then, not to mention I also nostalgia'd hard when I saw that pic of the guy in full dragon. Especially since I took a very similar screencap back in the day too (even in the same place, what a coincidence):

[hide=]lolold.png[/hide]

I got pretty excited about that back then, but now only skillcapes or interesting accounts (slayerbelle, defil3d, etc) are impressive to me.

Agreed. That was back when I thought that the arrow shop minimap icon was a plunger. Just saw a guy slaying in full 3rd age melee with a white partyhat on. It turned my head a little.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Untrim Slayer or Hitpoints cape.

Why is an untrimmed hp cape special? All it takes is to fight controlled and do just a tiny bit of range/mage to get a surplus of hp xp.

Only skillcapes really catch a second glance from me. The hard ones like Slayer, Mining, Runecrafting and Agility. Occasionally you'll see the guy in 3rd Age + Divine Spirit Shield + Blue Partyhat...and that always amazes me, but more than often just makes me angry because I have such a hard time making money and people who've got a couple million can make like 15m more a day just merchanting. :lol:

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I'm amazed outsanity, you have crazy good combat stats, and 99 slayer, how can you NOT be rich?

On Topic: I get amazed if I see a lower level with HP cape. I recently saw a level 78 with trimmed HP and that was pretty good. I also saw "Y" the other day, the one letter name sure made my head turn.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif