Semi-New Concept Art Gallery

Hawks

You might have seen this, you might not have.

[hide=Draconic Melee]Draconic_Melee_Concept_Art_by_hawkxs.jpg[/hide][hide=Draconic Mage]Draconic_Mage_Concept_Art_by_hawkxs.jpg[/hide][hide=Draconic Range]Draconic_Range_Concept_Art_by_hawkxs.jpg[/hide][hide=Draconic Combat Triangle]Mage_Range_Melee_Concept_Art_by_hawkxs.jpg[/hide][hide=Vertigus Weaponry/Armor]Weapon_Armor_Concept_by_hawkxs.jpg[/hide][hide=Vertigus Slayer Monster]Concept_Art___finished_by_hawkxs.jpg[/hide]

Same old stuff.....

Bad anatomy, colors...

and the triangle isnt a triangle.... #-o

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

I think the monster is decent at least.

But I pretty much agree with everyone else, and why green?

In my mind draconic = red.

That is the color that pops up right away.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

It has some really unrealistic anatomy, strangely shaped legs, and odd curves and twists where there shouldn't be any, colors aren't so bad, you need to work on shading/blending them more.

Other than that it's alright.

Something you might want to do to work on your anatomy issues (I've been trying it and I've seen improvement): find a basic anatomy reference, a simple one is better. You may even just want something that shows where parts of the body should fall by measuring with the size of the head (you could even start out with lines and circles just to get proportioning right, I did that). Study the image for a while and look at how long the arms, legs, neck, etc are. Then put it away (under something if you have it printed or change the page if it's on the computer) and try to draw it as well as you can two or three times. Then compare with the original to see where your errors tend to be the greatest. Do the same thing again and work on the areas you were the worst in. Do that until you feel comfortable with your work then move on to a more detailed image, and so on.

Eventually you might want to try more dynamic poses since as of now you're doing mostly static, generic poses. Try to draw someone running, playing a sport, jumping or whatever. Right now you really need to stop focusing on what the person is wearing and start focusing on the thing wearing it. On what Nadril said, you want this to be what you see, so forget all the things you do when you draw. Look at how the head is shaped, don't just draw what you think it looks like. Study how muscles look in various positions, and how they're shaded, don't draw a lump and call it a bicep. Look at the skeletal structure of the hand, look at how the bones move when the hand opens and closes. The fingers don't just wrap around something like tentacles.

This is probably the longest post I've made in a year or so, so I hope it helps. Just keep trying to work on what we're suggesting. Don't take it personally, we're just trying to help you get better. Or I am at least.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

• 4 weeks later...

hawkxs is 15.

But yeah...I'm not really a fan of this style, and it doesn't seem to change much with each drawing... Try something new.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

dude dont let theese people get to you! great work. other people might not think it but it takes skill to even draw like that. it might not be the best, but atleast give him constructive criticism if your gonna criticise him. if he is gonna improve he doesnt need haters putting him down.

106xd3m.jpg

5p30vc.jpg

dude dont let theese people get to you! great work. other people might not think it but it takes skill to even draw like that. it might not be the best, but atleast give him constructive criticism if your gonna criticise him. if he is gonna improve he doesnt need haters putting him down.

She*

Someone will always put you down. You just gotta deal with it. But some of the people here are fed up with seeing the same thing over and over with no improvements.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Oh my god this sucks, what are you 12 years old?

I think hawkz is actually 12.

That being said most 12 year olds I knew that drew/draw draw much better than this.

Err no? Alot of people in my class suck at drawing, and most of them are 12, with the few currently 13 (me and 1 other kid). There are like a group of good artists (5 or 6)... I cant draw like the OPer... They are good!

My name be Lcawte, Miner of Gold, Player of F2P, Woodcutter of Willows, Attacker of Rage, Defender of Myself, Crafter of Fire Runes, Fisher of Tuna, Cooker of Bread, Collector of Feathers, Prayer of Gods, Magician of FoG.

tipitsigh.png

I'm not even going to bother criticizing the entire thing any more, but if you're going to draw something that is supposed to be somewhat straight, please, at least make it look not strangely tilted to one side (an example of this is the Draconic Mage stuff).

EDIT: Typo.

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART