HorrorCore and recent killings

ElkNight

Please read the whole post, its not just about this specific case.

Here is a new report about it

California based HorrorCore rapped known as Syko Sam (Richard McCroskey) killed a family in Virginia.

The two teens killed were fans of the HorrorCore genre, and actually invited him to their home. The father was a preacher, and I know nothing about their mother.

Lots of people and most of the media will probably accredit this to the genre of music he listened to. Like (some) metal, HorrorCore focuses and gore and horror based themes. But how much of the blame can be based on the music? A person has to be screwed in the head pretty badly before doing anything like this, and myself being an avid listener of Death Metal (only a few bands of the same themes) can't blame this on the music. Other HorrorCore rappers and jumping out and saying its just supposed to be entertainment, and not to be taken literally. Like this interview with HorrorCore rapper Mars. I think he explains it pretty well (even though he looks like a douche) and does a relatively good job of defending his genre of music.

Then we have idiots like this (I am including Sicktanik Tha Soulless in this idiot category) who blames it all on Satanism. He says "The filmmakers were all members of the Church of Satan (they showed me the red membership cards)" and "he video was shot on April 30, 2006 which had "occult significance" to the crew and the rappers, as it was the 40th anniversery of the Church of Satan's founding." That makes absolutely no sense because LaVeyan Satanism (which he is talking about) doesn't worship the devil at all (which he also states) and doesn't condone murder.

Although, personally I think this genre of music is terrible, with bad lyrics (not really the content, most of it is just really stupid and tries to be to serious), and worse rappers that sound absolutely terrible. But I don't think you should blame this [cabbage] for music and blame the person for his actions.

So I was just wondering for what you guys think about this whole thing, and who is to blame. Discussion about the lyrics of said genre would be greatly appreciated as well along with talk about Theistic Satanism (idiotic) and LaVeyan Satanism.

Sorry about not being able to organize my ideas in any sort of order, I tried.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

There is no one to blame except the rapper who committed the murder. Blaming it on the music, lyrics, or on Satanism is just stupid and puts all three of those in a bad light unfairly. I say this as an avid listener of Black Metal, the lyrics don't have any effect on me or my actions, I don't see why it would on anyone else.

What's the difference between horrorcore and a serial killer horror movie? :???:

I often use that as an argument to when people question death metal lyrics. No one seems to get it though. Why do people watch horror movies? Or read horror novels? Why, when the horror theme comes to music is it such a bad thing?

No one has honestly gave me a good response they just try and deny it somehow, it makes no sense to me.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I had a sneaking suspicion that this would end up on tip.it when I first read about it for some reason. Anyway I don't think his choice in music had any contributing effect on his crimes, from what I've read, this guy clearly had problems that should have been addresed. That being said, some people will exploit it in order to make the usual arguments (you know what I mean, it's 3:35 here and I can't think of the work I need right now).

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

What's the difference between horrorcore and a serial killer horror movie? :???:

I often use that as an argument to when people question death metal lyrics. No one seems to get it though. Why do people watch horror movies? Or read horror novels? Why, when the horror theme comes to music is it such a bad thing?

No one has honestly gave me a good response they just try and deny it somehow, it makes no sense to me.

To get a thrill out of the movie or book and keep you on the edge of your seat, I guess. There's also a definite social element to seeing a scary movie with friends or your significant other. I don't think it's a bad thing when a horror theme comes to music, but I wouldn't imagine people listen to a song to experience thrills or surprising excitement.

The fear of what one does not understand?

Or maybe because movies are meant to be commercial and music is more an art? Though that would be worse because that implies that it's more culturally acceptable and that the culture as a whole enjoys the violence. Whereas if an artist does the same for art it somehow implies that the artist him/herself condones whatever it is.

Though this was in the local paper and on the local news a few weeks ago. Surprised it took this long.

To be honest that is the first valid argument I have heard on that subject. That works pretty well for the listeners point of view. But on the other hand, I have never heard someone say a movie director or a book writer is screwed in the head or something like that, which I hear all the time about musicians.

But that still is a pretty good argument. =D> You just beat my whole class.

Another thing is that in the music the artist is the "killer" or whatever, while the director has some one else be the killer. This probably has something to do with why music is hated a lot more then the other forms.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I'm an avid listener of death metal as well, and I've never felt the urge to act out on any of the lyrics whatsoever. I agree that you'd need to have something wrong with you to do something like this. Antisocial behavior is usually due to a poor upbringing and a lack of guidance, but wiki suggests psychopathy may be due to aberrant biology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy#The_Brain

It would certainly seem that a distinct lack of empathy in some people (serial killers in particular) is due to a malfunction in the brain.

Edit: sorry for all the posts - the internet was screwing up on me.

Yeah, I mean the Police's best album Synchronicity, has more allusions to killing, pain and fear than most of today's "horrorcore".

Read the article, sounds quite sad. But you wouldn't know what the guy was thinking or his motivations behind it, people will just look at the "image", and make attacks on that.

Off Topic : Wow, warrior, that has happened to me too. Gets annoying after a while, this setup.

What? Linking Park?

There was a huge controversy surrounding Linkin Park because they were listened to by the Columbine shooters. It pretty much acted like an immense PR campaign and got a lot of people listening to their music.

What? Linking Park?

There was a huge controversy surrounding Linkin Park because they were listened to by the Columbine shooters. It pretty much acted like an immense PR campaign and got a lot of people listening to their music.

Lmao, Linkin Park.

Can we blame Canada? Just this once?

Yes, yes we can.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Farmville? lol.

What? Linking Park?

Wasn't that another shooting? I don't think Linkin Park was even around in 1999.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Society has traditionally always tried to find scapegoats for its problems.. They throw something like these things out because majority of America can believe it. Satanism doesn't worship a christain myth named "Satan". They claim themselves to be their own god, because you are responsible for your own actions. This is exactly why I don't believe in America. :thumbsdown:

PS: It was mainly Marilyn Manson that was blamed for Columbine

258uo8n.jpg

Society has traditionally always tried to find scapegoats for its problems.. They throw something like these things out because majority of America can believe it. Satanism doesn't worship a christain myth named "Satan". They claim themselves to be their own god, because you are responsible for your own actions. This is exactly why I don't believe in America. :thumbsdown:

There is theistic satanism.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I listen to death metal and black metal, I don't run out on the street with a knife and a gun shooting everyone do I? And how many people have murdered listening to other music?

It's just stupid. But horrorcore is crap. I don't know why anyone would listen to it...

disturbeda.png

• 5 weeks later...

Just like back in the days with Judas Priest, they got sued for putting sublimial message (AKA 'Do It' backwards in their song)

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]