Fighting An Open Liquor Ticket

tylersk8shop

alright well about an hour ago i was with some friends coming from a party and we got pulled over, i had a half full beer in my hand. i set it on the floor and the cop got me to stand outside. he looked in the car and found the beer on the floor and poured it out (without smelling it or anything, he just seen the bottle and poured it out). he asked whos it was and i admitted it was mine so my friend driving didnt get the ticket. he put me in the car and wrote me a ticket for $360 and asked me a buch of bull [cabbage] and asked if i could help him with drug dealers. is there anyway i can fight this ticket because i got better things to spend $360 on lol. im still half drunk so if i didnt spell good or this doesent belong here sorry!

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just suck it ip and pay it. I seriously doubt "the law is stupid" counts as a valid defence.

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

How are you going to fight something when you were blatantly caught doing wrong.. =/

And I would say its very unlikely that they'll belive it wasn't beer in the half empty beer bottle.

Just pay it, [cabbage] happens.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Well [cabbage] lol. meh i got 2 months to pay it. but theres nothing i can do seeing as he didnt even sniff the beer he just poured it?

so if he didnt actually check to see if it was actually beer could i use that in court? because he didnt sniff it he just poured it, and he asked "whos is this?" not "whos BEER is this?". he didnt really check to see if it was alcohol.

My point was, I think you, I, and everyone else all know that there WAS in fact beer in the bottle. :???: Including the cop.

Besides, just because he didn't sniff the bottle doesn't mean he couldn't smell in the car, or smell the vapour after he poured it onto the ground, or even smell it on your breath. Cops know what they're doing most of the time.

I don't really think that argument would get you very far if you fought the ticket...

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

My point was, I think you, I, and everyone else all know that there WAS in fact beer in the bottle. :???: Including the cop.

Besides, just because he didn't sniff the bottle doesn't mean he couldn't smell in the car, or smell the vapour after he poured it onto the ground, or even smell it on your breath. Cops know what they're doing most of the time.

I don't really think that argument would get you very far if you fought the ticket...

yeah but the cop knows we were all drunk except the driver and everyone admitted it and i know its obvious but he didnt sniff the bottle so theres still not much proof. i didnt plan on getting away with it really but might as well check if theres a chance lol. i guess i had it coming to me though definitally wasnt the first time i drank in the vehicle XD.

Theres only one thing to say in response

PWNED

Seriously, Stop drinking alchohol, You broke a law and you deserve the ticket.

no u!

I don't know about the laws in Canada, but you got fined for drinking alcohol? I can't see what you did wrong.

well i was in a car coming back from a party and i was drinking a beer while in the car and we got pulled over so aperrantly thats open liquor or something. and im 1 year under legal drinking age so it didnt help but that wasnt what the ticket was for.

Seriously, Stop drinking alchohol.

Why, exactly?

Because Hex is 8 years old and thinks its offensive that people drink alchohol.

Yeh, Because mummy says alchohol is naughty

(No, Basically whats the hype over alcohol, why drink it if you get into trouble: i know it may give off some good effects but seriously... How does it help you in the long run?)

meatlover.png

Hex, sheesh. In 10 years, you'll know.

Anyway, did he give you a breathalyzer ? No.

So, you were under the BAC limit when you were in the car. Just that you had a beer in your hand. This seems screwed.

Almost every state in the US has laws against open containers in vehicles, whether driver or passenger. They don't need to sniff it. Beer bottles are nearly 100% guaranteed to be carrying one type of liquid. If you can smell it on someone, they've probably had more than a little. And by his own admittal, the OP is/was drunk.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Hex, sheesh. In 10 years, you'll know.

Anyway, did he give you a breathalyzer ? No.

So, you were under the BAC limit when you were in the car. Just that you had a beer in your hand. This seems screwed.

Also, he's underage. Depending on where you live, having any sort of alcohol in the car with you when you're below the legal drinking age is at the very least ticketable.

So now let us suppose that you fight this under the defense that the officer did not make sure it was beer in the bottle. You state your case, then the judge says, "Well, was their beer in the bottle?" Not much you can do there.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Next time you'll know better; drink what's left of the beer before the cop gets to your car so all it is is an empty bottle.

Problem solved.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp