The Official PS3 Thread

Sam

I kinda got ripped off when I bought CoD4. I was a pretty late buyer, thought I had the GOTY edition which contains free map pack (it said so on the package), so I thought that was the reason it was still 65. No map pack, ended up paying as if the game just came out. Hell, I bought MW2 on release day for that price.

So if you're buying CoD4, according to Activision support, GOTY editions don't have map packs, though ask in the store to make sure.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my ps3 on the 3oth with a copy of uncharted 2 and a few over other games.MAG looks interesting but i probably wont consider buying it until at least a month after it is released in case it flops

9fade1.png

9fade1.png

9FADE1.png

9fade1.png

I'm running a wireless internet setup for my Ps3 right now, it says the connection is 100% but browsing the web is really slow and signing in can take forever even if it does it at all, and the PlayStation store runs really slowly sometimes. Would running a wored connection have any affect on any of those things? When I used to play online on my Ps2 it was wired and it was always fine.

Kasalisk.png

I'm running a wireless internet setup for my Ps3 right now, it says the connection is 100% but browsing the web is really slow and signing in can take forever even if it does it at all, and the PlayStation store runs really slowly sometimes. Would running a wored connection have any affect on any of those things? When I used to play online on my Ps2 it was wired and it was always fine.

Wired is always better than wireless. If you have the option, do it.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I hooked it up with this 5 foot ethernet cable I had and WOW! No lagg, no problems signing in, internet is faster, I can finaly download demos (downloading BioShock demo right now) it is so much better. I am getting a 25 foot cable tomorrow for ~$12 so that will be a cheap super fix. I'm just so happy all my internet problems are fixed.

Kasalisk.png

MAG Beta is out now! Go to PS Store and download it! It's really good. :)

I'm surprised by the file size, is 37 MB correct?

There's 2 GB in updates you have to download. :S

I find MAG pretty fun. The only game mode I can play right now is Sabotage, though. Have to get to level 10 to unlock more game modes.

I find MAG pretty fun. The only game mode I can play right now is Sabotage, though. Have to get to level 10 to unlock more game modes.

Do you get levels by kills or wins? I only have like 4 kills (not including a FF... test by my brother)

Do you get levels by kills or wins? I only have like 4 kills (not including a FF... test by my brother)

I got XP just by getting kills, and I'm level 3 now.

I also think doing things to help your team or squad gives you XP too.

Finally some confirmed GT5 info:

- Deformation for every car in the game although race cars will see even more damage

- First screens of GT5's night racing

- 1,000+ vehicles, all with modeled interiors

- Up to 16 players online

- Indy cars and tracks will be included

- Head tracking is reconfirmed and it's for use during racing

- Multi display is back (using 3 PS3's for a wider view)

- HD uploads to YouTube

- Weather

- Night racing for all tracks

Forza what?? Still no release date though :(

k9999-crazyarm.gif

Found a sweet Loadout setup in MAG.

Get the Fiber Mesh armor, an assault rifle, and any pistol will do. Now, for the gear, get the First Aid Gun (to heal yourself) and smoke grenades.

Basically, you are mostly a knifer class that uses smoke grenades to impair the enemies vision, then run in and knife 'em! Really fun loadout to use.

LBP needs to come in the mail, I ordered it a week ago. Firstclass shipping too. Firstclass my [wagon].

Maybe it'll come tommorow but I have to suffer through school. :mellow:

1. When you play MAG do the names of kills get cut off on the left? Everything else seems to fit on my TV...

I'd imagine you need to change the aspect ratio on the TV, or change your screen settings ingame.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM