The Official PS3 Thread

Sam

Played Mag at my sister's, it was pretty difficult since I don't have much experience with ps3 games OR shooters, been 6 years since I played CS on pc and that's it <_<

But my question is.. what new does the game bring to the fps genre? Comparing it to the fps vids I've watched @youtube, the only specialty to Mag is that the teams are bigger?

But anyway, it looked like a great game which I would buy if I had ps3 by the time it came out.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAG is supposed to be a very tactical game. Doesn't really work out with 3/4's of the team does not have microphones. I think the game should be bundled with a mic in the future so that the game can be more tactical since more people have mics.

LBP FINALLY came in the mail. Working on a cool Tomb Raider-like level. I have one online, but it sucks. It's called Toy Wars and you will probably laugh at the super poor quality of it, it was my first level.

So I got level 10 in MAG and tried Domination.

It's MADNESS. I wasn't really sure what to do, and 256 players is simply chaotic. It's really, really, REALLY, chaotic. And I'm not really sure if that's good yet.

I guess I can praise the technicality of it though. This game is HUGE, and there's not really too much lag to speak of. It's definitely there, but the game never really feels like it stops (like my computer is doing now).

It's pretty awesome, but It's low on my list of games-to-buy as of now. As Perapk pointed out, it is just a shooter. A big one though.

And headsets probably help, but I doubt people will be using them to organise. At least not too in-depth =P

Also, a question - is there any way I can choose to chat with friends while playing a game? For instance, if I'm playing Batman and they're playing MW2, can I set up a voice chat?

I don't think so. It's like a video chat thing too so you have to have a window for it or something.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Played Mag at my sister's, it was pretty difficult since I don't have much experience with ps3 games OR shooters, been 6 years since I played CS on pc and that's it <_<

But my question is.. what new does the game bring to the fps genre? Comparing it to the fps vids I've watched @youtube, the only specialty to Mag is that the teams are bigger?

But anyway, it looked like a great game which I would buy if I had ps3 by the time it came out.

Well, it's clearly pushing the limits with as little as 64 players for a game. And that's with nearly no lag to speak of.

Hell, even in a Domination (I sucked due to no good sniping spots) there is little to no lag that I've encountered. This is more than I can say for CoD4.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Damn. Sworddude just killed me on MAG. Couldn't even see the guy.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I'd download the MAG Demo/Beta but it'd take like an entire day to download at our crap speed.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Pff, I don't like MAG that much, one-hit-kill sniper shots are too rare, and I'm using a high power scope on a Janus. I tried Domination and it's too chaotic and I've got no idea what to do, and no good sniper spots at all. If they would balance the game out a bit (LMG and assaults are extremely overpowered in comparison to a sniper IMHO) I might consider buying it, but right now I don't really like it.

Sword, what sniper + scope are you using?

How do you use the healing gun thing?

I only seem to be able to heal myself. I got the upgrade one from the barracks.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

How do you use the healing gun thing?

I only seem to be able to heal myself. I got the upgrade one from the barracks.

I don't use it myself, but are you sure you've got the correct upgrade and are aiming at the person? Otherwise no idea.

Same as you.

I've done well enough with the basic scopes, though I mainly stick to Sabotage. Assault Rifles could do with some rebalancing, maybe a little lower accuracy/higher spread on LMGs.

Only problem is how shaky the aim on the Snipers are at times. Though I guess when I unlock the thing for the Janus that stabilises it it'll be better. Though I'll consider the .50cal shots first. If you're wanting a few tips, I suggest heading for areas that are high up, or have high plant cover. A high area with plant cover is preferable, since you can position yourself where it barely obstructs your view, yet hides you.

The map where Raven defends against SVER has a good spot, near point B and has a good view of the bridge. The main problem is that the Sniper Rifle is always a 3 hit bodyshot kill, though perhaps that will change with the .50cal.

If you're having some real trouble, switch to the basic Sniper Rifle and scope, and use the foregrip. I, at times, get more kills/higher streaks with that. Though the magnified zoom is going to be handy against paratroopers, so I'll be sticking with that. Plus it's the Rifle I killed Insanity with. Almost had a 8:0 ratio that game, but I got cocky and moved too far forward, allowing myself to be sniped.

Also, I suggest the 2nd armour (forget the name, but it's the middle one), Smoke Grenades (distractions), First Aid kit-thing (make sure this is attached to the first L2 slot) and DO NOT equip the RPG, it makes you slightly bigger when prone, and therefore easier to spot.

EDIT: Fool, what PMC are you in?

Oh, and to clarify, I won't be buying this game at release, and probably won't for awhile after. I've a pre-arranged engagement that requires a lot of money. Insanity, Fool, if you want to see my Raven spots you'll need to be on Raven, and I'll show you tomorrow/Sunday. Even with the the basic sniper, I was easily getting at least a 2:1 ratio most games, with few exceptions.

Though it is likely I'll be on late tomorrow, might be on later tonight. However, I may not be on late tonight, or tomorrow. It depends on how long my girlfriend is on MSN, I like to give her my full attention.

Just throwing this out there, but how would all the MAG players here feel about adding a TIF clan tag?

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Just throwing this out there, but how would all the MAG players here feel about adding a TIF clan tag?

The full beta demo ends on Monday - but that'd be sorta cool I guess. I won't be buying it either though =P

Yeah, just putting it there for those who are going to purchase the game, eventually.

I'll probably be getting it around the Summer, since I plan on having what I owe to my other account (supposed to be for my education/driving/stuff) paid back by then, since I need to borrow some money out of it.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Having internet connection problems so I can't dl MAG :( It's probably a sign that I shouldn't get it yet haha. Oh well, I'll just save up for Heavy Rain and GOW3.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Getting a $20 PSN card from Best Buy today. What PSN game should I buy? I already have BF1943.

DLC for a game?

-Random Youtuber

I think I'm gonna buy Noby Noby Boy and Flower. Flower for it's relaxation from all the shooting games I have, and Noby Noby Boy for it's bizzareness. Gonna save the last $5 for (maybe, not quite confirmed) DLC for Uncharted 2.

Burnout Paradise?

How much is that?

£19.99 roughly.

-Random Youtuber