The Official PS3 Thread

Sam

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch. Maybe you should cushion the wall next time. :P

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

My TV broke today. No more PlayTV, MW2, FIFA 10, or anything else for at least a week till I get a new one on warranty. Good news is that they don't make my one any more, so the one I get is 1080P, and much nicer than my old one.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

How much are PS3's now? My birthday is coming up, and I am planning on trading in my PS2 to help cover the cost of one, since my family doesn't have too much extra money to spend right now. Hoping the PS2, Kingdom Hearts, Jak 2 and 3, a few memory cards, and a controller will cover atleast half of one. If not, I guess I'll take some money out of my bank account to pitch in. I really want to play MAG, since my friend has told me all about it. It looks cool.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

New TV icon_thumbs.gif

It's so awesome. 1080p, and 3 inches bigger than my previous one. It also functions as a monitor, so I am writing this on it now.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

How much are PS3's now? My birthday is coming up, and I am planning on trading in my PS2 to help cover the cost of one, since my family doesn't have too much extra money to spend right now. Hoping the PS2, Kingdom Hearts, Jak 2 and 3, a few memory cards, and a controller will cover atleast half of one. If not, I guess I'll take some money out of my bank account to pitch in. I really want to play MAG, since my friend has told me all about it. It looks cool.

Unfortunately you wouldn't get nearly enough for those to cover half the cost of a PS3. Bear in mind that PS3s dont play PS2 games so any other PS2 games you have would be useless. On the plus side once you've bought the PS3 (and if you have a HD TV a HDMI cablewhich are cheap now anyway) you won't have to pay for any extras like XBL, batteries, wireless adapter etc.

and 3 inches bigger than my previous one.

That's what she said.

:twss:

Lucky [bleep].

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Traded in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: World at War & Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 yesterday, 50 for the 3. Then I got the collectors edition MAG, so far, so good. I'm enjoying it - I did at first choose Raven, after 6 hours playtime however I deleted that profile and begun on S.V.E.R. Shall be good. :P

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Traded in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: World at War & Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 yesterday, 50 for the 3. Then I got the collectors edition MAG, so far, so good. I'm enjoying it - I did at first choose Raven, after 6 hours playtime however I deleted that profile and begun on S.V.E.R. Shall be good. :P

Never play on Valor, it's full of noobs with no teamwork. I know, because I was on Valor during beta.

Next game I get is going to be MAG, but don't have the money to get it yet. :(

Wait, your post gave me an idea! I could trade in some of my old PC games to get money! :D

Never play on Valor, it's full of noobs with no teamwork. I know, because I was on Valor during beta.

Next game I get is going to be MAG, but don't have the money to get it yet. :(

Wait, your post gave me an idea! I could trade in some of my old PC games to get money! :D

Depends on where you're trying to trade Pc games in, I traded my Ps3 games in at GameStop. They don't do trade-ins on Pc games for reasons like folks possibly uploading viruses etc to them, then returning. (Or I believe that's the reason, correct me if I'm wrong. ;))

I am unsure as to why I got the collectors edition, too, I only brought up the standard one and the lady behind the counter gave me Collectors Edition. Perhaps it's my charm. :smile:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Depends on where you're trying to trade Pc games in, I traded my Ps3 games in at GameStop. They don't do trade-ins on Pc games for reasons like folks possibly uploading viruses etc to them, then returning. (Or I believe that's the reason, correct me if I'm wrong. ;))

I am unsure as to why I got the collectors edition, too, I only brought up the standard one and the lady behind the counter gave me Collectors Edition. Perhaps it's my charm. :smile:

It could be that you just burned the game to keep for yourself, then traded in the origional for cash. The reason most stores like wal-mart don't take PC games back, just exchange for another copy.

Birthday is tomorrow \:D/ Going to trade in my PS2 and games and get a PS3 and MAG. Going to be fun :grin: I'll have to get used to a PS3 controller though.

It could be that you just burned the game to keep for yourself, then traded in the origional for cash. The reason most stores like wal-mart don't take PC games back, just exchange for another copy.

Birthday is tomorrow \:D/ Going to trade in my PS2 and games and get a PS3 and MAG. Going to be fun :grin: I'll have to get used to a PS3 controller though.

Ah, it's not difficult to get used to. :P

And here you can't trade in, nor exchange, anything like that. Once the PC game case's open there's no returning it unless it's faulty.

Be sure to add me on the PSN, name: carl-dub . Likewise with all the other readers of this thread, would love some more Tip.It friends. :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Ah, it's not difficult to get used to. :P

And here you can't trade in, nor exchange, anything like that. Once the PC game case's open there's no returning it unless it's faulty.

Be sure to add me on the PSN, name: carl-dub . Likewise with all the other readers of this thread, would love some more Tip.It friends. :thumbup:

I added you Carl, don't reject me newbie!

tFtfA.jpg

I've heard a lot of bad things about White Knight Chronicles. I also read a G4 review for Dante's Inferno where the guy gave it a 3. He said it was glitchy, but that was really the only problem he stated beyond it being a GOW rip off in many senses. Which is kind of a "Well duh" kind of thing.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

MAG really doesn't look very exciting to me. Beyond a certain point more players don't equal more fun, and the amount of players is the only thing lifting it out of mediocrity.

Started playing Uncharted: Drakes Forune, I remember I got about halfway through last year and then stopped playing it for some reason, can't remember why, its pretty amazing.

I'm really enjoying MAG, and the fact the only way to win in games like Sabotage is working as a team. Literally just flooding the objectives with your platoon and forcing the enemy out secures it. However, one grenade and you're gone. :P

The maps are...Huge!

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I've heard a lot of bad things about White Knight Chronicles. I also read a G4 review for Dante's Inferno where the guy gave it a 3. He said it was glitchy, but that was really the only problem he stated beyond it being a GOW rip off in many senses. Which is kind of a "Well duh" kind of thing.

I was having second thoughts after I saw the reviews for it, thank God I didn't believe them. Battle system's not difficult at all, though they need to rebalance the specs. The game's got this Rogue Galaxy feel to it plus the online coop is really fun, reminds me of the .Hack games :mrgreen:

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I was just watching the movie Escape from L.A starring Kurt Russel and noticed so many things that are in Metal Gear Solid. The main guys name is Snake Plisken. Kind of like when Solid Snake said his name was Iroquois Pliskin in the second game? And Snake in the movie wears an eyepatch and has a mullet. I laughed pretty hard when I noticed the similarities.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

RAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!

Got my PS3 today, and am trying to connect it to the internet via wireless, and it won't connect! I use the same wireless connection I use for my Xbox, same WPA2 key, same EVERYTHING, and it won't connect. Keeps saying the key exchange timed out, or something close to that. HELP MEEEEEE! :cry: