The Official PS3 Thread

Sam

I was blown away by the Heavy Rain demo. I have a couple nit picky things I didn't like about it, but it overall was great.

My biggest problem was holding the R2 button down to walk. It was kind of annoying. I know why you have to do that, but it overall is probably something you get more used to as you play.

I loved the fight scene in the sleaze house. It was more exciting and adrenaline pumping than any GOW QT events. I could play a game that was eight hours of fighting people using Heavy Rain's quick time events, it was so fun.

The Crime Scene was "meh" but that's only because after beating the guy up, I wanted more.

I thought the whole demo was really good. I'll just rent the game though, probably next weekend. Tomorrow my sister's having her stupid friend over, and I'm working an eight hour shift to come home to the two of them in MY basement, yelling and screaming. Needless to say, I'll be rather grumpy. My dad's gonna rent me either Bioshock 2, Dante's Inferno, or Bayonetta to take out my anger on.

Hey little boy, I don't think you added my PSN:

Newge4

I think I'm trading in Uncharted and Red Faction Guerilla to get Dragon Age Origins, so I don't think I'll be online much. If anybody has Saints Row 2 and wants to co-op with me, I'm making youtube videos where I am doing random, stupid stuff in the game, like Ben Buja does with GTA4. I could use a couple helpers.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit - Mafia 2 is still tentatively scheduled to be released at the end of March, I've been looking forward to that game for so long now. I really hope the game isn't delayed again. The original was a great game.

Maybe Gamestop was lying but it's scheduled for a May 3 release.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Edit - Mafia 2 is still tentatively scheduled to be released at the end of March, I've been looking forward to that game for so long now. I really hope the game isn't delayed again. The original was a great game.

Maybe Gamestop was lying but it's scheduled for a May 3 release.

Amazon has it down for the 31st of March and Play has it down as the 26th. Since, thre hasn't been an official announcement I think it might be put back. :???:

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I decided to switch to S.V.E.R. instead of Valor. The guns don't seem that bad, and we haven't lost a defensive game yet :thumbsup: Glad I did. The sniper scope is a little better than Valor, and loads better than Raven. Picture the Thermal Scope from CoD, only without the thermal part, and keep the red lines. :thumbup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I decided to switch to S.V.E.R. instead of Valor. The guns don't seem that bad, and we haven't lost a defensive game yet :thumbsup: Glad I did. The sniper scope is a little better than Valor, and loads better than Raven. Picture the Thermal Scope from CoD, only without the thermal part, and keep the red lines. :thumbup:

Like an EMPed thermal?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

people paid for flow? lol

I kind of wanted it since it is pretty fun, but I could never see paying for it. I think it was one of the more expensive ones also.

If I recall correctly it has always been free online.

yeah it is, i played it online before it came out on PSN. i was really surprised when they put a price on it

Like an EMPed thermal?

Yea, only a bit thinner lines. Still red. I can't find any pictures however.

I wish we could have those facemasks like in the preview :sad:

Like an EMPed thermal?

Yea, only a bit thinner lines. Still red. I can't find any pictures however.

I wish we could have those facemasks like in the preview :sad:

The ski masks? You can get them if you're wearing the heavy armour on S.V.E.R (The 1000 c one). You can get the bloody ski mask at rank 20 and the others at 40, I think.

I've pretty much got all the best Sniper gear on S.V.E.R. The tier 3 Sniper (Or is it 4? It's the last sniper anyway..). That with the multi-zoom sight is awesome. And the Bipod makes life a whole lot easier when defending with S.V.E.R, or even attacking. I used to use assault rifles etc on COD but then I drifted away and used Snipers, got the Golden Dragunov on there and just..love sniping. It's the only loadout I use on MAG. Shame we're limited by weight etc. :mellow: Can only wear the 600c armour (The second one, mesh or something) with one of the helmets and goggles. The medical pack for healing myself/team mates and then the sniper. I can't bring any grenades or anything becuase they're too heavy with the sniper. I didn't think the scopes would makes much of a difference with the weight, but they do. But I love the 1-hit kills that I won't use a lesser sniper for the extra armour.

Also ought this on E-bay yesterday, should be here on Thursday.

cb2a_1_b.JPG

It's the "Gioteck Ex-01 Gaming Headset"

Wasn't sure if it's any good, but I needed to be able to use voice chat. I had been using a normal bluetooth headset for a phone but it's a few years old so thought I'd upgrade. :P

MAG is just..awesome. :ugeek:

I don't think Raven's as good as S.V.E.R or Valor. But S.V.E.R and Valor are rather even teams most times. I loved 5 minute games on Valors defending map it's great. :D

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I've ordered my PS3, it's coming tomorrow. Bought it with Burnout Paradise & Resident Evil 5, and buying a second controller soon. Can't wait.

GET MAG.

And not the hockey masks carl. You know in the before-menu-movie that plays before you "press x" when you start it up? The guy that meets you after the helicopter is wearing a face mask. THAT mask :razz:

Like this.

[hide]

mag-massive-action-game-20090428110638457.jpg

[/hide]

I don't really like sniping on MAG too much. I got the second sniper, second scope, bipod, and silencer, and just couldn't find any good places to snipe from, so I respec'd. I like my new assault class more (second assault rifle, reflex sight, grip MAYBE, reload, stability, and less wander, with frags, med kit, and rpg). Just assaulting and being in the bunker turrets are great fun for me. Going to get the anti-personnel mines, then the upgrade that lets you hear gunfire from further away. And the combat knife upgrades.

How much did that mic cost carl? I need one and can't find one anywhere. I wish they would just come out with one, instead of having this bluetooth and whatnot.

Now that I've completed the sniper tier I'll work on the knife upgrades.

Sarge - only cost me €24. I do agree, they should have released one with a mic. Most would pay the extra €20 or whatever for it and the whole experience would be better.

And I play Sabotage mostly, so finding spots to snipe from isn't a big issue after several games.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I meant to post this yesterday, but forgot. The PS3 Media Server official website has updated for the first time in 11 months, saying there will be another release soon. I haven't had any problems with the last version but still it is nice to see an update.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Also ought this on E-bay yesterday, should be here on Thursday.

cb2a_1_b.JPG

It's the "Gioteck Ex-01 Gaming Headset"

Myself and killerwatt own that, it works very well for it's price.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

So I have three games, Burnout Paradise, Resident Evil 5 and Race driver GRID. Not looking to buy more for the moment, I'm more concerned about the Playstation 3 controller that I bought, which is fake. Going to have to send it back and get a refund, so no co-op resident Evil 5 yet :(

MAG is freaking awesomesauce.

@ Sarge

Sniping isn't really that good in MAG, I already tried sniping, but there isn't many good spots. I use the Assault Rifles as they are awesome, and attachments are pretty good on them.

They had the SVER masks in beta, don't know why they took them out. :(

So I have three games, Burnout Paradise, Resident Evil 5 and Race driver GRID. Not looking to buy more for the moment, I'm more concerned about the Playstation 3 controller that I bought, which is fake. Going to have to send it back and get a refund, so no co-op resident Evil 5 yet :(

*looks at my controllers* How'd you know it's fake? :o

About to get Heavy Rain in 3 hours. They didn't want to sell it until it hits 12 midnight in the US <_<

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

About to get Heavy Rain in 3 hours. They didn't want to sell it until it hits 12 midnight in the US <_<

I had my suspicions when it started playing up while racing in Burnout, so I looked over the controller (and the video below) and found some similarities, like the LED lights not being flush and looking + feeling rougher. The controller also has a rattling noise in it, which the sony one does not. Anyway, watch this video if you're interested (it's for white controllers, but aside from the colour, mine has exactly the same problems).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mji_PLB7Tb0

I had my suspicions when it started playing up while racing in Burnout, so I looked over the controller (and the video below) and found some similarities, like the LED lights not being flush and looking + feeling rougher. The controller also has a rattling noise in it, which the sony one does not. Anyway, watch this video if you're interested (it's for white controllers, but aside from the colour, mine has exactly the same problems).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mji_PLB7Tb0

The rattling is probably a bit of broken plastic on the inside from it being dropped, I used to do it to my old (legit) pad alot. Just open the screws at the back and shake it out. I don't know about the rest though, I didn't realise there was a big market for fake sony controllers.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

I have a Dualshock 3, and 2 Sixaxis pads I got with the console. They're decent but simply not as good as the Xbox 360 controller. But at least I can charge them without having to buy something.

Do any of you guys actually use Playstation Home? I mean it was hyped up loads, but to me it's pretty boring. The only joy I could get out of it was messing around with the emote things and provoking people. I deleted it actually as it was wasting 3GB of space.

I have a Dualshock 3, and 2 Sixaxis pads I got with the console. They're decent but simply not as good as the Xbox 360 controller. But at least I can charge them without having to buy something.

The 360 controllers are terrible, they're so bulky and uncomfortable to use. They're not designed well to fit around the hand, probably the main reason why I don't have a 360 (that and having to pay for Live).

wild_bunch.gif