The Official PS3 Thread

Sam

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm I guess I could.... it's just my router is in my living room, right next to my computer, and my PS3 and Xbox are in my room, which is ~25 ft. away... and it would be a pain to have to move it back and forth each time I want to get on my computer, and the PS3.... but I guess I can do that for now.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I've heard a lot of bad things about White Knight Chronicles. I also read a G4 review for Dante's Inferno where the guy gave it a 3. He said it was glitchy, but that was really the only problem he stated beyond it being a GOW rip off in many senses. Which is kind of a "Well duh" kind of thing.

Why would anyone trust G4 as a legitimate review source?

From what I've seen Dante's has been getting around ~7/10 - 8/10 from most review outlets which seems fair. Spending half a review about how it is a GoW rip-off is a waste of time and doesn't really say anything.

I've heard a lot of bad things about White Knight Chronicles. I also read a G4 review for Dante's Inferno where the guy gave it a 3. He said it was glitchy, but that was really the only problem he stated beyond it being a GOW rip off in many senses. Which is kind of a "Well duh" kind of thing.

Why would anyone trust G4 as a legitimate review source?

From what I've seen Dante's has been getting around ~7/10 - 8/10 from most review outlets which seems fair. Spending half a review about how it is a GoW rip-off is a waste of time and doesn't really say anything.

I agree, there are much more legitimate review sources out there. I also think it is most important to find one that you agree with the closest. I personally use IGN as I've found I agree more closely with their reviews then the writers at game informers.

Just thought I would through in my two cents in.

tFtfA.jpg

Welp after playing MAG for two days, I can honestly say....

[hide]AMAZING[/hide]

This game is awesome. I joined Raven at first, and got to level 13 there, then my friends told me that raven always loses, and has worse weapons, etc. Which turned out to be true. So I deleted that and am now a level 7 Valor. MUCH better sniping weapons. Although I have to wonder how it takes other people 3 shots to kill me in my third-tier armor, when it takes me 20 with their second-tier...

Sniping is pretty fun in this, especially once you get the bipod. I only wish there were more game modes. A simple "Control these flags and get points" game in a big, run-down metropolis would have been epic.

Mmmm I guess I could.... it's just my router is in my living room, right next to my computer, and my PS3 and Xbox are in my room, which is ~25 ft. away... and it would be a pain to have to move it back and forth each time I want to get on my computer, and the PS3.... but I guess I can do that for now.

Get a long ethernet cable - simple! :P

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Get a long ethernet cable - simple! :P

Nah I got it working today :grin: for some reason it works now, but didn't before <_< either I entered the WPA2 key in wrong because it censors it so I can't tell if it entered right., or it was because the router was right next to the ps3, and could send information faster. Either way, it works wireless now :thumbsup:

Well, I just played a game of domination, and if this doesn't show how unbalanced S.V.E.R.'s defense map is, I don't know what is. Nobody took a/both burn off tower(s). My platoon managed to get one a few times, but otherwise couldn't get the second. We didn't unlock any of the inner-base places or anything. We barely even got close to the one we managed to take.

They were doing this murder mystery trail on the internet where they emailed you clues and you followed links.

http://www.precinct52.com/case1117_briefing/ Can get a code from here by selecting the correct evidence:

Short cigarette (117b)

Origami bird

Coffee shop C (which reads "diner")

117h ("tyre tracks")

Will need an UK PSN account though. I think they're putting it up on the store tomorrow to download for all regions.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

They were doing this murder mystery trail on the internet where they emailed you clues and you followed links.

http://www.precinct5...e1117_briefing/ Can get a code from here by selecting the correct evidence:

Short cigarette (117b)

Origami bird

Coffee shop C (which reads "diner")

117h ("tyre tracks")

Will need an UK PSN account though. I think they're putting it up on the store tomorrow to download for all regions.

I went on this website every day since it came out, but I still haven't been able to get past a loading screen after you login.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Heavy rain demo is now on the store, for those who couldn't get it from the website earlier.

Heavy Rain demo sold me. Was already interested before hand but this has confirmed it, plus it's been getting a load of praise from reviews.

I completely agree.

Before, I was interested. Now, I'm definitely gonna buy it. The fight scene you get to play out in the demo if you so choose, is incredible. It was tense, it was exciting, it was brilliant. My heart was drumming against my chest, it was just so realistic. You may not have the amount of control over fighting that you have in other games, but it feels so much more natural. It keeps you guessing, as to what you have to do next. It's not just 'X' to block or whatever. 'X' could block when the guy tries to throw a chair at you, but when he tries to punch you in the face, it could be 'O'. Then, the next time he tries to throw you into a wall, it could be 'X' again. It really captures the unpredictability of fighting.

Also, the characters were so brilliantly animated, scripted, and rendered, that I started to believe them. I felt as if I was involved in a real conversation. The game just works.

This is all without mentioning the graphics. Oh the graphics. Simply brilliant. In the loading screens, you get a headshot of the character you are about to play. The detail is incredible, and the eyes especially struck me as so full of emotion, so full of feeling. The skin is brilliantly done as well, with all the pores, spots, wrinkles etc rendered in perfect detail. It's seriously incredible.

how long do you think til PS3 drops down to $200

The soonest I would ever expect to see the ps3 at that price point would be at least 5 years. Sony is still losing money at their current price point of about $40 a console and I'm sure they won't do another price drop until they actually start seeing a strong profit on the PS3.

tFtfA.jpg

What is fl0w like? I read it was kind of psychedelic in a way, but didn't think about getting it.

My PSN is Sarg1010 (I use that for everything.), so send me a friend invite. I don't have a mic yet, but will be getting one soon hopefully. I only have MAG atm too, so...

Heavy Rain demo sold me. Was already interested before hand but this has confirmed it, plus it's been getting a load of praise from reviews.

I completely agree.

Before, I was interested. Now, I'm definitely gonna buy it. The fight scene you get to play out in the demo if you so choose, is incredible. It was tense, it was exciting, it was brilliant. My heart was drumming against my chest, it was just so realistic. You may not have the amount of control over fighting that you have in other games, but it feels so much more natural. It keeps you guessing, as to what you have to do next. It's not just 'X' to block or whatever. 'X' could block when the guy tries to throw a chair at you, but when he tries to punch you in the face, it could be 'O'. Then, the next time he tries to throw you into a wall, it could be 'X' again. It really captures the unpredictability of fighting.

Also, the characters were so brilliantly animated, scripted, and rendered, that I started to believe them. I felt as if I was involved in a real conversation. The game just works.

This is all without mentioning the graphics. Oh the graphics. Simply brilliant. In the loading screens, you get a headshot of the character you are about to play. The detail is incredible, and the eyes especially struck me as so full of emotion, so full of feeling. The skin is brilliantly done as well, with all the pores, spots, wrinkles etc rendered in perfect detail. It's seriously incredible.

I didn't even know what kind of game Heavy Rain was, I just downloaded the demo after I was bored of play MW2 yesterday. I played the demo and put it on pre-order immediately, the graphics are some of the best I've seen in a game and the story seems interesting. The style of the game reminds me of the X-files game but without cheasily using pre-recorded video.

I'm wondering now if I should order the special edition of the game instead, you get a voucher that gives you; HR PS3 Dynamic Theme, the soundtrack and Episode 1 of the Heavy Rain Chronicles - The 'Taxidermist' scene (I presume this will be DLC for everyone else). HMV is offering the SE for £42.99, where as Amazon are selling the standard game for £37.99 - I wonder if it will be worth the little bit extra.

Edit - Mafia 2 is still tentatively scheduled to be released at the end of March, I've been looking forward to that game for so long now. I really hope the game isn't delayed again. The original was a great game.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)