Gloves of Silence

ghost4sale1

Whenever I use my gloves of silence, they don't seem to help at all, and when I swap em for my penance gloves, I get better results. Is this just me? Or have any of you have had this?

This also happens to me with the ring of wealth.

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

Whenever I use my gloves of silence, they don't seem to help at all, and when I swap em for my penance gloves, I get better results. Is this just me? Or have any of you have had this?

This also happens to me with the ring of wealth.

Knowledge base is king.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

help and advice.

Thank you for your spam. This is a discussion about the effectiveness of gloves of silence.

I have only used them once, so I guess I can't say how well they work or not. They seemed to be helping when I used em though. :P

35b9enp.jpg

With 99 Thieving, I can tell you 1,000% that they work. I use them whenever I pickpocket master farmers or ardougne knights or anything of the like, and I failed about 20% less than I would without them, and since I rarely fail anyway on those NPCs without them, it makes a HUGE difference when you almost cannot fail. (You'll fail every couple of minutes or more.)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

help and advice.

Thank you for your spam. This is a discussion about the effectiveness of gloves of silence.

MMMMHMMMM.

Anyway the whole thing is luck based, GoS just make it more likely to work out for you.

Just note that you might not be lucky at the time, so, it wont work out. Same with RoW.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Pickpocketing isn't really that good for xp anyway, unless you blackjack.

But noone with a brain cares about what efficiency-lovers say anymore.

help and advice.
Thank you for your spam. This is a discussion about the effectiveness of gloves of silence. I have only used them once, so I guess I can't say how well they work or not. They seemed to be helping when I used em though. :P

OPs post was a question: "Is this just me? Or have any of you have had this?" The description for Help and Advice reads:"Whether you need help or are offering help, all questions belong here." It makes sense for people to believe this belongs in Help and Advice, no need to be sarcastic.

OT: In my (admittedly limited) experience, gloves of silence do work, and noticably so. ROW is a different matter, I do believe that it improves your chance of a rare drop, but whether that is undermined by the slower kills you'll be getting comapared to wearing a better ring, is a different matter.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

It's not even efficiency, it's raw comparison. PP/Blackjacking = higher xp.

It's not even efficiency, it's raw comparison. PP/Blackjacking = higher xp.

You only said blackjacking.

And that is the most boring

pointless

piece of crap idea in rs.

I meant that blackjacking is the only form of pickpocketing that is fast, not that it is the best form of pickpocketing.

And I would agree that it is extremely boring, but it doesn't change the fact that it is fast.

I meant that blackjacking is the only form of pickpocketing that is fast, not that it is the best form of pickpocketing.

And I would agree that it is extremely boring, but it doesn't change the fact that it is fast.

Yes it does.

A normal human would get overly bored and stop doing it for a while, thus losing xp =/

How long is "a while"? I could go 1 hour or so. Others might go for 2 hours, maybe 3, still others might go for just 10-20 minutes. No such thing as a "normal human", but everyone has a different tolerance.

But this is off-topic from my point, which was that normal pickpocketing doesn't give great thieving xp.

OT: In my (admittedly limited) experience, gloves of silence do work, and noticably so. ROW is a different matter, I do believe that it improves your chance of a rare drop, but whether that is undermined by the slower kills you'll be getting comapared to wearing a better ring, is a different matter.

Actually, unless you wearing a MA enhaced ring, hell even if you do it will just let you kill a minor difference per hour, i almost always use my wealth and when i switched to warrior, it was clear that the extra 2k exp hour wasnt enough for less 40k money.

Yes it does.

A normal human would get overly bored and stop doing it for a while, thus losing xp =/

I'd personally choose 1 hour of blackjacking over 3 hours of pickpocketing. There honestly is no difference, except that you actually have to pay attention to blackjacking and that you can improve your xp rate by practicing and paying attention. In my opinion, pickpocketing is the thing that should be considered grinding and pp/blackjacking shouldn't, since those actually require some skill.

I don't think there would be any harm in wearing gloves of silence while pickpocketing, since Jagex specifically states they help you to do that.

2dvjurb.png

Actually Jay, I was comparing black-jacking to PP in that post.

1 hour of a boring, annoying method, or 1 hour and 15-30 minutes for the same xp for something much more bareable.

Yes they do help....

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Gloves of silence doubled the xp per hour rate of pickpocketing knights of ardougne when they came out (at level 99). 100k xp per hour vs 220k xp per hour (if you're really paying attention) It was to the point where, before gloves, when I had to bank I was having ~100k gp in my inventory, after gloves sometimes I hit 800k gp. Although I brought more than one pair with me, but still. I think it's less noticeable at lower levels and almost pointless to use at lower levels. I already had 99 when they came out, but it's from what I've gathered from what other people have said.

I mean I am talking three years ago but I somehow doubt that they've been nerfed again since then.

/200m thieving