Do you lock your doors? (aka. trust the outside world?)

insane

However, I have friends that leave their doors unlocked even when they go on vacation.

Srry to say but your friends are really dumd than :lol: .

Nah, they've never been robbed :P I live in quite the crime-free area.

Its only crime-free until someone gets robbed.....

J272

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A burglar alarm is just good sense, it would ve VERY unusual if a house here in the UK didn't have one.

I live in the UK and don't have a burglar alarm...

Ditto.

A liverpudlian without a burglar alarm :shock:

Someone probably just nicked it. :P

:cry: You people are so prejudiced, ironically correct, but prejudiced nevertheless.

I live near Liverpool, what ya think? :P

Actually, to be honest, my doors are hardly ever locked, only if I go out for a few days. But then again, I have a big scary rottweiler :D

chav pl0x :'(

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

I live near Liverpool, what ya think? :P

Actually, to be honest, my doors are hardly ever locked, only if I go out for a few days. But then again, I have a big scary rottweiler :D

chav pl0x :'(

PH33R!

I R No Chav! :evil: Do you think having a zero on top, lacosste aftershave and burberry tracksuits are my kind of thing?!

Grr! You're a prejudiced smeg as well!

Iv allways let the bathroom window open for airing, if we have been home or not (The window is very small), untill I was playing late on runescape and caught a weird sound from the bathroom. I got up and looked inside and was staring straight into a burglars face! He was half way through the window and I think he got as scared as me. He probably though we were all sleeping (it was 4 am ). I ran to wake my husband, but by the time he woke up and was on his way out the door, the burglar already long gone.

Turned out he was well known by the police, and done these kind of burglarys before (climbing in sleeping peoples windows). The police officer told me it was lucky I was awake, since this guy was a drug addict and desperate for money. Who knows what could have happened if I had been asleep when he broke in to our house? I have a 15 year old daughter that have her room opposite the bathroom :?

We installed a heavy lock on all windows and doors after that....

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

A burglar alarm is just good sense, it would ve VERY unusual if a house here in the UK didn't have one.

I live in the UK and don't have a burglar alarm...

Ditto.

Same. I know lots of houses don't have burglar alarms round here...

sig2ho7.jpg

Iv allways let the bathroom window open for airing, if we have been home or not (The window is very small), untill I was playing late on runescape and caught a weird sound from the bathroom. I got up and looked inside and was staring straight into a burglars face! He was half way through the window and I think he got as scared as me. He probably though we were all sleeping (it was 4 am ). I ran to wake my husband, but by the time he woke up and was on his way out the door, the burglar already long gone.

Turned out he was well known by the police, and done these kind of burglarys before (climbing in sleeping peoples windows). The police officer told me it was lucky I was awake, since this guy was a drug addict and desperate for money. Who knows what could have happened if I had been asleep when he broke in to our house? I have a 15 year old daughter that have her room opposite the bathroom :?

runescape saves another life!

tmpphpnppgpw.png

It's just not a good idea to trust the outside world these days at all. Now I live in what some people would call a 'ghetto'. Lets be straight foward here. You leave your lock unlocked, its most likely your going to get robbed. Crime rate here is very high, and this is only Chicago!

I was raised in New York City, and man is it bad there.(As most people would imagine) One time, my mom was at work, my brothers were at work or at their friends house or something. Anyway, I get a call from my friend and he invites me to come over to hang out with my other friends. I go. I left the keys in the door. I get back 4 hours later. Almost EVERYTHING is gone. Just some dishes, the fridge, and cleansers and stuff are still there. Mom was standing right in the middle of the living room. I get smacked into the next Century. :oops: Definetly the stupiest thing I've ever done.

I know most of the people in my building- they are pretty poor. :? I'm one of the few people that have a computer. Hey I work hard for my things, I'm not taking any chances.

Better to be safe then sorry.

The world outside of my house has proved to be anything but safe. I wouldn't dare leave my house unlocked, even though I live in the better area of my neighbourhood. The door is locked when I'm home, the door is locked when I'm not. The door is always locked.

Btw, I'm Canadian. It's so untrue that Canadian's don't lock their door because it's so safe down here. Parts of Toronto are comparable to many of the worst areas in the States...

Reminds me of a new underground DVD out last week. It's sold only at ONE store in downtown Toronto, and its about life on the underground. On the streets, in the worst areas of Toronto. It shows grown black men showing off their guns, shooting at gangs/gang wars in broad daylight, etc.

I've seen so many drug deals right in front of me, that it's just natural now. And again, I live in a good area of Toronto. Lol.

So whoever doesn't lock their doors....you're crazy. I don't care where you live, it's just not safe. Anything can happen anywhere. The world outside has done nothing but show how unsafe, and sick it is. Some people out there will just do....anything. Way too dangerous for me. I'll stay in my house, locked doors, and on msn all day. Lol, I wish. But you get my point!! :wink:

signaturecj5.jpg

runescape saves another life!

At the cost of corrupting our souls and ethernal damnation?

Anyways moving on...

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

We leave windows and doors open while in the house, i usually leave the door open if i run to get something from the shops too but we always lock all doors and windows when we leave the house and lock doors at night

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

i bet you just watched michael moores stupid documentry on bravo huh?

Nope, I just unlocked my door after I came home from school one day and dreamt this amazing thread up :P

(honestly)

summerpngwy6.jpg

We leave windows and doors open while in the house, i usually leave the door open if i run to get something from the shops too but we always lock all doors and windows when we leave the house and lock doors at night

Same... except I always lock up if there's not going to be anyone home.

IRKAa.jpg

However, I have friends that leave their doors unlocked even when they go on vacation.

Srry to say but your friends are really dumd than :lol: .

Nah, they've never been robbed :P I live in quite the crime-free area.

Were do they live than ?:shock:

Were I live there is no crime-free place :?

Were do they live than ?:shock:

Were I live there is no crime-free place :?

He said he lives somewhere in Canada.

i have friends who leave thier car keys in thier cars when not using them.....

I always lock the doors to my house whenever I leave. However I don't lock my car.

2 years ago I was finishing my shift at work and was going to drive home. My friend also works the same shifts as me usually so we park beside eachother most of the time. He always locks his car doors. Well on this day he left 2 cans of coke sitting on the armrest. Someone smashed the windows in to steal 2 cans of coke. Leaving your doors unlocked is just saving you a broken window. I never keep valubles in my car other than my insurance papers.

Keeping your door locked can keep it from being hotwired too and keeps your stereo in place :?

I have a 15 year old daughter

Pmg, pics? :P

IBban >_<