The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

Still though, the best defencemen only make 4mil tops per season, compared to the best forwards making 8-9mil. Facts are that if schenn had the ability to even get 30 assists per season, his salary would increase exponentially. Stay at home/shutdown defencemen can only be so useful to a team, due to their lack of versatility/inability to do much outside of blocking shots. Schenn'll never make more than 2.5m per season in his career as long as he continues to remain 1-sided. Kovy, well, I think we can all agree how wasteful that was, seeing as his entire salary could feed the entire continent of africa for 2 years...

div>

Still though, the best defencemen only make 4mil tops per season, compared to the best forwards making 8-9mil. Facts are that if schenn had the ability to even get 30 assists per season, his salary would increase exponentially. Stay at home/shutdown defencemen can only be so useful to a team, due to their lack of versatility/inability to do much outside of blocking shots. Schenn'll never make more than 2.5m per season in his career as long as he continues to remain 1-sided. Kovy, well, I think we can all agree how wasteful that was, seeing as his entire salary could feed the entire continent of africa for 2 years...

Lol no matter how bad Kovi's contract is to you, I think we can all agree the NHL contracts are far from worst. The salary cap has done a very good job of keeping things balanced IMO. As for feeding africa, I think Gomez contract could be put to that. In fact, probably any contract from the New York Yankees...

^Also, Chara is far from a defensive defenceman. He's one of the best 2-way defenceman in the league IMO.

Campbell's contract is arguably worse than Kovalchuks lol.

Staurolite.png

looks like Schenn reads this forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAlrSDclRw4

Chara should legally be a basketball player/mma fighter. Guy's a freakishly-big hockey player. Also, 2 of those names you mentioned as 'shutdown defencemen' aren't actually shutdown defencemen. Chara's had decent point totals, so has campbell. Volchenkov, well, he's never really been a 'top 3 in the nhl' kinda defenceman, mainly because he is literally mike green without the 35assists.

div>

Haha :lol:

@4sk, how is volchenkov like mike green? Do you mean that they're both injured all the time lol.

Staurolite.png

Well, that and without them being on their respective teams, their goalies would've legally committed suicide. I actually hope that the maple leafs read this forum...then they can look at the rest of o/t and get some tips on scoring/blocking.

div>

Well, that and without them being on their respective teams, their goalies would've legally committed suicide. I actually hope that the maple leafs read this forum...then they can look at the rest of o/t and get some tips on scoring/blocking.

div>

Wow, I don't know where to rant this... so here goes

HNIC, just before after hours, Kelly Hrudey and that other guy, not Ron Maclean, start talking about Omark. Then they start saying "he's gotta be more humble", "that's why he's in the minors", "how dare he (referring to Cogliano) be ahead of me when I have the puck". Really?! What the [bleep]? That offside was a terrible call, as Cogs left skate was clearly still on the line when Omark's stick crossed the line, and instead of talking about his great play on the boards all game, they say he's gotta be "more humble" because he does that stick thing behind the net... Seriously?

That's even worse than the guys praising Vancouver whenever they're on the air. I can't stand those two. <_<

Staurolite.png

Wow, I don't know where to rant this... so here goes

HNIC, just before after hours, Kelly Hrudey and that other guy, not Ron Maclean, start talking about Omark. Then they start saying "he's gotta be more humble", "that's why he's in the minors", "how dare he (referring to Cogliano) be ahead of me when I have the puck". Really?! What the [bleep]? That offside was a terrible call, as Cogs left skate was clearly still on the line when Omark's stick crossed the line, and instead of talking about his great play on the boards all game, they say he's gotta be "more humble" because he does that stick thing behind the net... Seriously?

That's even worse than the guys praising Vancouver whenever they're on the air. I can't stand those two. <_<

I like Kelly Hrudey...I don't remember who the other guy was last night though (Mike Milbury was on but then he left)..didn't hear that though.

Good game last night, now we only have to win 8 of our last 9 :rolleyes:

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Well, here's some more interesting facts regarding kovalchuk's salary:

-if you turned it into pennies, you could make 12 and a half suits of armor, each suit being 5 inches thick all around

-if you turned it into nickels, you could cover the entire cn tower with it 1.132 times

Oh, and leafs are still doomed playoff wise. New jersey only needs to win 5 more to guarantee a playoff spot.

div>

New jersey only needs to win 5 more to guarantee a playoff spot.

Uh.....what?

If NJ wins every single one of their remaining games they'll still be in a tough fight.

Realistically the leafs need to win at least 7-8 of their last 9 to have a decent chance, so yeah, I agree - it's probably not happening.

polvCwJ.gif

OK another Hrudey rant.

This time he's talking about Clutterbuck with PJ and Ron. Granted I'm a little pissed that Minny lost 8-1, lol, but still, he says "Clutterbuck goes after Burrows" and says how he shouldn't do that when your down in a game. He's gotta be kidding me, Burrows is like Clutterbuck except he gets sweet feeds from the Sedins and doesn't hit as much.

K.Hrudey is a joke. And this is the worst sunday ever lol. Terrible headache, call in sick for work and figure I might as well watch HNIC, and instead Minny gets clobbered. [bleep] me.

Staurolite.png

can't believe you let subban get a hat trick. never gonna hear the end of that, ever.

wwwwwWWWWOOOOOO!! :thumbsup:

Ahhhh it's fantastic being on this end of the clobbering for once. Knowing the Habs will probably make the playoffs also makes me life much less stressful :thumbup:

hiccup.png

Habs would have to tank pretty hard to not make the playoffs. I do wonder how long they'll be in it for though with all the injuries.

Apparently today is the day Matt Cooke gets a 10 game suspension. Bout. [bleep]ing. Time.

polvCwJ.gif

*waves*

Hi Luke!!!! :mrgreen:

---------------------------------------

New Topic: Is it just me, or is Marty Brodeur looking a little "old" lately ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

Brodeur IS old. He got off to an awful start at the beginning of the year but has picked his game up significantly recently.

Once he retires though, New Jersey is going to have to change their game plan - the trap system can only really be effective with a phenomenal goaltender.

polvCwJ.gif