Is it just me or did you notice the same?

Pieter_00777

Well I've been training a while on Greater Demons, just because I wanted some good drops of them.

'Tip it Bestiary' says they drop in F2P world items like; rune scimitar, rune mace, rune full helm, rune chainbody and a rune kiteshield (and also some other items), but I've NEVER had a rune drop yet EXCEPT for like 11 rune full helms, so I'm wondering if this is correct? (And it's not that I have been training for just one day...)

I'm curious if this is just me who had this, because for the other drops it's all perfectly correct but they don't drop rune items except for rune full helms I guess...

So I'm just wondering if anyone DID had a rune drop (except a rune full helm) in a F2P world of these greater demons, then please post a picture about it here as an evidence...

Thanks for reading...

pieter00777.jpg

tpr.png

12,079 Profile views. Get on my level.

There extremely rare.

All rune items are rare and generally the lower level the monster the rarer they are.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

There extremely rare.

All rune items are rare and generally the lower level the monster the rarer they are.

I know but i get tons of rune scimitars and rune square shields of cockroaches in F2P, and the only rune item I always and only get from the greater demons are rune full helms...

A screenshot of a rune item drop from a greater demon in F2P EXCEPT for a rune full helm would be the perfect evidence and answer to my question, but I'd be suprised if anyone would have this...

pieter00777.jpg

tpr.png

Simple, Greater demons have a larger amount of possible drops than cockroaches, and maybe cockroaches just have a better drop rate?

That's not really an anwser, that's just a statement which I already knew... But how do you explain that I always and only get those rune full helms from the greater demons and no other rune item?

pieter00777.jpg

tpr.png

Simple, Greater demons have a larger amount of possible drops than cockroaches, and maybe cockroaches just have a better drop rate?

That's not really an anwser, that's just a statement which I already knew... But how do you explain that I always and only get those rune full helms from the greater demons and no other rune item?

Rune Full Helmets aren't as rare as the other rune item drops. I killed thousands on P2P and only gotten Rune Fulls. Probably rarer then some special drops.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Rune Full Helmets aren't as rare as the other rune item drops. I killed thousands on P2P and only gotten Rune Fulls. Probably rarer then some special drops.

As for now I'd like to stick with F2P, but thanks for your opinion though...

Look I'm a pure F2P'er and I know my world and mostly know what's the best to train on et cetera but I seriously doubt if Greater Demons drop other rune items then a rune full helm.

It's hard to believe they really drop these other rune items, why isn't it possible that JaGeX updated the drops of them and it's still unchanged in 'Tip it Bestiary'? Or that it was wrong in the first place?

I'd really like to see a screenshot with a rune drop in F2P of the greater demon except a rune full helm from the people who've written the F2P-drops-part of the greater demon on the Tip it Bestiary...

Or if anyone else can proove this, then feel free to post, I'll be waiting for it...

pieter00777.jpg

tpr.png

As for now I'd like to stick with F2P, but thanks for your opinion though...

Look I'm a pure F2P'er and I know my world and mostly know what's the best to train on et cetera but I seriously doubt if Greater Demons drop other rune items then a rune full helm.

It's hard to believe they really drop these other rune items, why isn't it possible that JaGeX updated the drops of them and it's still unchanged in 'Tip it Bestiary'? Or that it was wrong in the first place?

I'd really like to see a screenshot with a rune drop in F2P of the greater demon except a rune full helm from the people who've written the F2P-drops-part of the greater demon on the Tip it Bestiary...

Or if anyone else can proove this, then feel free to post, I'll be waiting for it...

If they didn't drop them at all, they wouldn't be on the drop list. They are extremely rare. If you don't get a drop get over it. Some monsters drop things you wouldn't think they would. A few low level creatures can drop Dragon Spears, such as Basilisks, and i never gotten one but i believe others have.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

So far everyone who posted here, none of them had an other rune drop then rune full helm of a greater demon in F2P...

Not trying to be rude, but if the list says it, then Someone has gotten it. If not, just move on. Its not really that big of a deal. ;-)

http://sign.tip.it/1/6/24/304/lady_scm.png

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

So because 5 people here didn't get any other r drop than full helm you assume they don't drop these?

Personally I've never met a single person who got d half shield from a man, but I don't go doubting tip.it or other rs sites are wrong...

If this was about being a believer or an atheist I wouldn't blink my eyes, but going insane over a frikkin r drop makes no sense :D

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

So far everyone who posted here, none of them had an other rune drop then rune full helm of a greater demon in F2P...

Not trying to be rude, but if the list says it, then Someone has gotten it. If not, just move on. Its not really that big of a deal. ;-)

Not trying to be rude either but if it actually only drops 1 of the 5 listed rune items then it's a big deal for me, because I'm still killing these greater demons expecting it to drop another rune item then a rune full helm...

So because 5 people here didn't get any other r drop than full helm you assume they don't drop these?Personally I've never met a single person who got d half shield from a man, but I don't go doubting tip.it or other rs sites are wrong...If this was about being a believer or an atheist I wouldn't blink my eyes, but going insane over a frikkin r drop makes no sense :D

For pure F2P'ers like me it does makes sense, because I'm "frikkin" looking for these other rune drops...

I don't point at tip.it that they are wrong but it's not impossible that the drops of the greater demons in F2P could have been changed and still haven't on these forums, so with this I actually help tip.it to keep it up-to-date...

Jeez what's wrong with questioning the idea that the information of a drop could be wrong? I'm sorry that I'm not that naïve to just believe everything what's written down, first time ever I'm questioning myself something about a possible mistake in tip.it and I'm using this site already for 3-4 years... (Not the forums though)

I'm just a human like the writers of the bestiary about the greater demons, everybody makes a mistake sometimes...

So that's what I ask you to do, show me that I'm wrong...

pieter00777.jpg

tpr.png

Pieter00777, whenever a new monster is released Tip.it staff ask for drop logs. The once they have been verified (either image or 2+ people confirming) they are added to the bestiary.

Over time drops are added when there verified until all the possible drops are added. The only real exceptions would be jagex confirmed drops (visage and d half spring to mind, every monster which drops gems has the chance of dropping d half).

Now the same thing happens with all good fan sites (there are a few which don't verify and others which just steal drop logs), so when it doubt shop around.

RuneHQ's bestiary also lists them (link).

I've killed literally hundreds, possibly thousands of certain monsters and I've barely touched on some of the drops. Others I've gotten the best drops within a few kills.

No one person will get all the possible drops without they literally kill the same monster thousands if not millions of times.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Pieter00777, whenever a new monster is released Tip.it staff ask for drop logs. The once they have been verified (either image or 2+ people confirming) they are added to the bestiary.

Over time drops are added when there verified until all the possible drops are added. The only real exceptions would be jagex confirmed drops (visage and d half spring to mind, every monster which drops gems has the chance of dropping d half).

Now the same thing happens with all good fan sites (there are a few which don't verify and others which just steal drop logs), so when it doubt shop around.

I've killed literally hundreds, possibly thousands of certain monsters and I've barely touched on some of the drops. Others I've gotten the best drops within a few kills.

No one person will get all the possible drops without they literally kill the same monster thousands if not millions of times.

I would like to second this.

However, I will also add that the Tip.It Staff is human, and mistakes can happen. Also, the contributors are also human, and they can make mistakes. I'm not saying that particular entry is wrong, but I'm saying it is a possibility. So don't worry too much about it.

So if i were to kill iron dragons for a day not get a visage, they dont drop them then? You seem to be saying "oh, if i havnt gotten one in a day they dont exsist!" They do drop them, i have gotten a kite shield off of one, there incredibly rare, any ways it just a run kite/scim/etc.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

I would like to second this.

However, I will also add that the Tip.It Staff is human, and mistakes can happen. Also, the contributors are also human, and they can make mistakes. I'm not saying that particular entry is wrong, but I'm saying it is a possibility. So don't worry too much about it.

@Joe (didn't feel like multi-quoting your post twice to answer on it): I've looked up the link and it doesn't make a difference between the drop of F2P greater demons and P2P greater demons, so that's not really a good example, maybe these other rune drops are only for P2P since an update we know nothing about?

Like Zaaps said, everybody can make a mistake sometimes and it's not like it's bad to make one, we all learn from our mistakes or other's...

So if i were to kill iron dragons for a day not get a visage, they dont drop them then? You seem to be saying "oh, if i havnt gotten one in a day they dont exsist!" They do drop them, i have gotten a kite shield off of one, there incredibly rare, any ways it just a run kite/scim/etc.

And you seem like you didn't really read my post with attention, I said that I definetely NOT trained like one day on them and started panicing... ("Omg I killed 100 greater demons, where's the rune?! Hax!"... Definetely not!) I've been training for two months on them now. A rune drop is pretty much the best a pure F2P'er could get from a drop (except PvP) so it's a big deal for me if I'm searching for something that doesn't show up...

I'm pretty sure that Greaters on F2p only dropped full helms and no other rune items.

Quoted for agreement, I think the other rune item drops are for P2P.

pieter00777.jpg

tpr.png

I am P2P and only have gotten rune full helms. I agree with many others that if greaters do drop other rune items it's EXTREMELY RARE. I have killed hundreds of things like kurasks trying to get their head, and yet some of the items tip it says they drop, I did not see drop. One example is I finally got the 100 noted silver ore drop from a fire giant. I have seen that on many different monsters drop lists, but yet killed thousands and have never gotten one. Same with the uncut dragonstone. I have killed thousands of monsters that could drop it and had never gotten one before. I did finally get one a few months back though.

Same with black dragons, I have killed a few hundred and gotten maybe two or three rune items. It's all luck. I am always surprised by some random drops off monsters I never knew they dropped.

I've gotten scimitars a couple of times, but I am a member so I can't tell you if that goes for f2p as well.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

This is the wiki page on greater demon. They even list which are members and how rare they are.

I am aware that people can edit the pages. But it still says the same thing as the tip.it ones, about the items being F2P or P2P.

And I'll say it one more time. Just because you haven't gotten them, doesn't mean they dont drop them.

GWD:

This is the wiki page on greater demon. They even list which are members and how rare they are.

I am aware that people can edit the pages. But it still says the same thing as the tip.it ones, about the items being F2P or P2P.

And I'll say it one more time. Just because you haven't gotten them, doesn't mean they dont drop them.

Bad example because as you said people/kids just write the pages and I don't know if you noticed but there stands "rune med helm (uncommon)" as one the drops for F2P/P2P, which doesn't even stand on the list on Tip.it...

I bet someone confused it with a lesser demon, anyway I'm still doubting if they drop other rune items then rune full helm in F2P...

And I'll say it one more time, it's not that I killed them only for a week or two, I'm already killing these for over two months and still haven't got another rune drop then rune full helms... (F2P!)

pieter00777.jpg

tpr.png

If you read the discussion of the article (always helps on there as it generally gives you more information) someone had the same question.

F2P drops.

What do they really drop on F2P? I'm killing them for a while on my F2P account. Got 8 Rune full helms and no other runite items. --King Vivil 00:15, 26 March 2009 (UTC)

Got 9th, still no other runite items. --King Vivil 19:55, 26 March 2009 (UTC)

Got 10th. Still no other runite items. I'll make those items members only drop until someone post a screen shot or something. --King Vivil 17:58, 28 March 2009 (UTC)

rune full helm on 3rd kill ever!Manofflames6 18:50, 5 August 2009 (UTC)

And

F2P drops 2

Well I have some rune full helms myself from thease demons... But one guy sayd that he had a rune kite! Any1 els can confirm this? You will have a bad battle if you lagg out at low hp fighting greaters--Pvmatle

Could just be there extremely rare.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Tip.it are VERY through with their fact checking.

If its on the drop list it means that a researching staff member HAS gotten the drop or they have undeniable proof from a forum member submission.

Like everyone has tried to tell you but you refuse to listen:

Greater demons have ALOT of drops. Most of the rune stuff is VERY RARE. Rune full helms however are not that rare from them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue