New Jagex trademark: RuneWizards

me

From http://www.ipo.gov.uk/

Mark text: RUNEWIZARDS Status:New applicationClasses:09, 16, 25, 28, 41 Filing date:18 November 2009

List of goods or services

Class 09:Downloadable telephone ring tones; downloadable screen-savers; downloadable wallpapers; computer game programs; video game programs; interactive entertainment software

Class 16:Books; player's guides; instructional and teaching materials (except apparatus); printed publications; printed matter; leaflets; brochures; posters

Class 25:Articles of clothing; T-shirts; hats; caps

Class 28:Toys, games and playthings; board games; playing cards

Class 41:Entertainment services; electronic games services; Internet games; provision of games by means of local computer networks, global computer networks, the Internet, cable or wire communications services, wireless telecommunications services and broadband telecommunications services--

---

Domain name: runewizards.com

---

...Think it might be there attempt at bringing RS to another platform? Another FunOrb game?

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

This sounds like a new platform but if it is we won't find out for a long time. The fact that they have a domain name registered now would mean that they plan to create and entirely separate website for whatever this is, something that has never been done for any funorb game. Also the number of categories the patent is filed for would indicate that the idea is on the platform scale. However, were not going to find out what it is for a long time due to the fact that if they just filed the patents for it and registered the domain this is still in the concept stages of development forget coding and engine development along with all of the other steps that go into making a game.

Happy Speculating :smile:

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

The fact that they have a domain name registered now would mean that they plan to create and entirely separate website for whatever this is, something that has never been done for any funorb game.

Actually, Jagex have registered domains for most of their FunOrb games. Most just re-direct to the FunOrb site but then they are working on sites like http://www.arcanists.com/ that operate as mini-sites for specific games (as mentioned by Mod Sallyd on FO QFC 7-8-620-31338).

ren_tbv450.png

The fact that they have a domain name registered now would mean that they plan to create and entirely separate website for whatever this is, something that has never been done for any funorb game.

Actually, Jagex have registered domains for most of their FunOrb games. Most just re-direct to the FunOrb site but then there are ones like http://www.arcanists.com/ which have their own mini-site.

Oh wow I've never noticed that before. Wow, I feel like a noob. Anywho, I still think from the number of classes that the patent covers that it would be a new platform.

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png

Anywho, I still think from the number of classes that the patent covers that it would be a new platform.

They registered it for classes 09 16 25 28 41 which is the same as for RuneScape, FunOrb, Jagex, Stellar Dawn, Arcanists, Steel Sentinels, Armies of Gielinor, Kickabout League, Bachelor Fridge, etc. The only trademark I can think of which doesn't follow that pattern is their recent one for " HACK IDOL" which is just Class 41 ("Organising and arranging of competitions for developers of computer games programs...").

Note: This is a trademark (protecting an identity/brand). It is neither a patent (protecting a process or composition of matter) nor a copyright (protecting creative works / content). However, all three are forms of intellectual property.

ren_tbv450.png

The patent vs. trademark thing was just me paraphrasing

I didn't realize how extensive the trademarks on fun orb games actually were. And looking back I think that it might actually be a fun orb game seeing as that they are still in the production phase of the Stellar Dawn platform and I don't think that they want to start another platform until Stellar Dawn goes live and is done with development. However with the discussion about the cross system ideas going around it might be an attempt to create a new Jagex game for systems other than PC/MAC. At this point all we can really do is speculate and watch the job openings on the Jagex website and see what shows up there, but as I said earlier it'll be a while before we find out what this is.

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png

The patent vs. trademark thing was just me paraphrasing

I didn't realize how extensive the trademarks on fun orb games actually were. And looking back I think that it might actually be a fun orb game seeing as that they are still in the production phase of the Stellar Dawn platform and I don't think that they want to start another platform until Stellar Dawn goes live and is done with development. However with the discussion about the cross system ideas going around it might be an attempt to create a new Jagex game for systems other than PC/MAC. At this point all we can really do is speculate and watch the job openings on the Jagex website and see what shows up there, but as I said earlier it'll be a while before we find out what this is.

Btw Ren discovered Mechscape years ago, if someone can figure out what RuneWizards is about, it's him

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

I think it'll be a FunOrb title.

According to the patented Planet FunOrb Jagex Staff Stalker Tracker 3000 2.0, you can see that there were about 7 unnamed prototype games being developed, as of late last month.

Oh and you can find the patented Planet FunOrb Jagex StaffRestraining Order Generator Tracker 3000 2.0 here: http://planetfunorb.com/staff-tracker/

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I stopped to think about it for a second then realized it's just a name at this point and I don't care to speculate. So I'll throw it out there as a new line of Jagex licensed lingerie. :^_^:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I stopped to think about it for a second then realized it's just a name at this point and I don't care to speculate. So I'll throw it out there as a new line of Jagex licensed lingerie. :^_^:

If this is so, I will seriously laugh.

Maybe ties? Get your dad a RS tie for Christmas.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I highly doubt this is a new platform in itself. I mean, Jagex is working on Mechscape right now AND keeping Runescape stable AND expanding the attractiveness of Funorb, it seems to me they are simply planning a very large funorb game, worthy of its own t-shirts and wallpapers, etc. But for mechscape, they trademarked all kinds of domain names, perhaps in an effort to slow fansites down from creating an easy-to-remember domain name that ruins all of mechscape. Naturally players will instantly turn to large population websites to excel in mechscape the moment it is released rather than doing a lot of work on their own. It doesn't seem like they put as much effort in protecting Runewizards, all they did was make sure they could create trademark t-shirts and goodies and are able to create the game.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I highly doubt this is a new platform in itself. I mean, Jagex is working on Mechscape right now AND keeping Runescape stable AND expanding the attractiveness of Funorb, it seems to me they are simply planning a very large funorb game, worthy of its own t-shirts and wallpapers, etc. But for mechscape, they trademarked all kinds of domain names, perhaps in an effort to slow fansites down from creating an easy-to-remember domain name that ruins all of mechscape. Naturally players will instantly turn to large population websites to excel in mechscape the moment it is released rather than doing a lot of work on their own. It doesn't seem like they put as much effort in protecting Runewizards, all they did was make sure they could create trademark t-shirts and goodies and are able to create the game.

Mechscape was cancelled emot-eng101.gif

The Mechscape team was transitioned to Stellar Dawn.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Mechscape = Stellar Dawn..

Mechscape was just their working title :)

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

Mechscape = Stellar Dawn..

Mechscape was just their working title :)

According to Mark Gerhard, much of the content and gameplay was binned. The engine is one of the few things making the transition, and cancelling Mechscape cost Jagex millions.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The mention of Class 28 interests me the most. Possible expansion to the Jagex store?

I'm still waiting for my GWD minatures Jagex! :razz:

Same here. :P I want a mini Graardor.

The mention of Class 28 interests me the most. Possible expansion to the Jagex store?

+1

a mini kbd/corporeal beast please :thumbsup:

*facepalm*

This is how dissapointment are made: you see a little pointless detail and start making out stuff about it.

Then people start to see your posts and tells their friends "Jagex are making new toys, I saw it on tip.it"

Then when the day comes and you see merchadish or whatever you and the people who saw you are like "But you (Jagex) PROMISED <this and this> of merchadising, where is it?"

They take Class 28 as a PRECAUTION of other people making money of their idea, so you won't see Hasbro (for example) selling runescape stuff without their permission

Stop doing something big for something little (Exclamations marks -> Dungeons ring a bell?)

And excuse my obviously poor english

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

+1

a mini kbd/corporeal beast please :thumbsup:

*facepalm*

This is how dissapointment are made: you see a little pointless detail and start making out stuff about it.

Then people start to see your posts and tells their friends "Jagex are making new toys, I saw it on tip.it"

Then when the day comes and you see merchadish or whatever you and the people who saw you are like "But you (Jagex) PROMISED <this and this> of merchadising, where is it?"

They take Class 28 as a PRECAUTION of other people making money of their idea, so you won't see Hasbro (for example) selling runescape stuff without their permission

Stop doing something big for something little (Exclamations marks -> Dungeons ring a bell?)

And excuse my obviously poor english

The miniatures came into the picture because Jagex were taking suggestions to new store items a while back, and I thought of the mini-Graardor because of the Easter event where there was a Graardor doll.

(The nut sorting machine.)

I have no idea what that 28 thing means. :unsure: