6 hour auto-log?

Mischlings

I was reading runescape Wiki and ran across this bit of information:

"The highscores for a player do update if a player reaches the 6 hour auto-log. "

I didn't find any other mention of that on the site, so can anyone clarify to me what exactly this is? I have a suspicion that it simply means that the game logs you out after 6 straight hours of playing, but I don't remember ever hearing of that before. Can anyone clarify what this is and when it came out?

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

This has been around for many years so it's not anything new.

Interesting -- I've played since RSC and do not remember ever hearing of that before today. Well, now I know.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

i was autologged once in all my time playing runescape.. i'm glad to say i'm past that point in my life

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

The question is WHY is there an 6-hour log? :blink:

Bots. Some peopel leave them running for days, the force logout knocks 'em off. And also to remind players who ARE on for 6 hours straight to goto the freaking bathroom or walk around a bit.

Popoto.~<3

Bots. Some peopel leave them running for days, the force logout knocks 'em off. And also to remind players who ARE on for 6 hours straight to goto the freaking bathroom or walk around a bit.

Ah, no wonder.

Though I doubt people will actually play for 6 consecutive hours.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Ah, no wonder.

I wouldn't doubt it at all. Some people do lack a life. :thumbsup:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

It's misleading wording and pointless info of the Wikis behalf really.

Highscores update when you log off; just because you happen to get auto-logged off due to palying 6 hours straight doesn't really change that. I mean you're still LOGGING OFF whihc is what makes highscores update ur data

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah, because bots don't log out and log in by themselves already :rolleyes:

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

It's mainly because when someone's membership has expired, he can use autoclick to never logout, and he won't buy new membership.

I never though of that. o_O

I guess I'll be playing for six hours straight starting from the minute before my membership runs out. :P

Highscores update when you log off; just because you happen to get auto-logged off due to palying 6 hours straight doesn't really change that. I mean you're still LOGGING OFF whihc is what makes highscores update ur data

That was mentioned in contrast to the fact that your hiscores aren't updated when you log off due to a system update, so it wasn't really pointless.

MischlingsSH.png

That was mentioned in contrast to the fact that your hiscores aren't updated when you log off due to a system update, so it wasn't really pointless.

But system updates don't "log you off" they kick you off because the server turns off, leaving you're account "trapped" in the server the same as it is in a server crash.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I have never gotten a forced logout in my life so I guess I'm not a hopeless case after all :D

My gf tends to make me believe I play way too much but I say u need some relaxing moments after work so it's all good :D

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Ah, no wonder.

I've played for over 8 consecutive hours several times, and have never been auto-logged. I assuse the fact that I logged out to switch worlds is the reason.

Ah, no wonder.

I've played for over 8 consecutive hours several times, and have never been auto-logged. I assuse the fact that I logged out to switch worlds is the reason.

I laughed so hard at that. "I've played for 8 consecutive hours but have never been auto-logged [due to the system tht auto logs you after 6 hours of consecutive play]"

"I logged out to switch worlds"

Clearly if you logged out you did not play for over 6 consecutive hours, you played in 2 stints that totalled 8 hours.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'm getting that frequently once or twice a day :( It's actually quite dangerous threat at GWD trips and I have often had to log out a bit before 6 hour mark on purpose to avoidit.

Holy [cabbage]. You play 12+ hours a day? That's... fairly...

... I'll just walk away from you at this point

guido_49.png

I'm getting that frequently once or twice a day :( It's actually quite dangerous threat at GWD trips and I have often had to log out a bit before 6 hour mark on purpose to avoidit.

Holy [cabbage]. You play 12+ hours a day? That's... fairly...

... I'll just walk away from you at this point

Yes, on weekdays my frequent rhytm is 12 hours runescape, 6 hours sleep and 6 hours work. This can vary a bit of course depending on how tired I am. On weekends my rhytm is a bit more inconsistent varying from 6 to 24 hours runescape a day (sleeping from 0 to 18 hours). Yes I'm happy with my life like it's <3