What do we want  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to play on Earth

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want Alernative History?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you happy with Archimage A to run this game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if he doesn't participate
    • There doesn't need to be a 'runner'

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Archimage, if we don't post Nazi flags can I still play as the Nazi empire?

The swastika was a symbol of good luck before the nazis. They weren't "bad" before the nazis started using it as a symbol.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

We're progressing through time, but with restrictions. Since there is no nuclear fission / fusion, it is impossible to power a large spacecraft. But beyond that you can do anything.

I'd rather we stick with the steampunk theme. You can still research, but stuff has to be based off that.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

We're progressing through time, but with restrictions. Since there is no nuclear fission / fusion, it is impossible to power a large spacecraft. But beyond that you can do anything.

I'd rather we stick with the steampunk theme. You can still research, but stuff has to be based off that.

I agree, but since steampunk stuff is completely unrealistic...

DOES THIS MEAN WE CAN FINALLY LIBERATE OURSELVES FROM THE NARROW MINDED PHYSICS???

I mean, we can self moderate so nothing would be overpowered. But this game would become a bit more fantasy-ish.

Well, sort of. The most advanced tech we're probably gonna get is like giant floating cities, which wouldn't really work with physics, but its not like we're going to have any teleportation devices, FTL drives, space stuff really, and so on. Well, Nuclear Power in its current state is kinda powered by steam, but we can just ignore that.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

The swastika was a symbol of good luck before the nazis. They weren't "bad" before the nazis started using it as a symbol.

You see I'm sick of people saying that, it's a fact and it's not clever at all. Aswell as that I didn't even ask what the swastika was used for before, it is now commonly used as a sign of the Nazi party and the Hindu good luck symbol is still used but is not recognised as much.

I said a 'Nazi flag' which Archimage has already told me is against forum rules.

And I don't want to be forced to stick to a certian genre.

meatlover.png

You see I'm sick of people saying that, it's a fact and it's not clever at all. Aswell as that I didn't even ask what the swastika was used for before, it is now commonly used as a sign of the Nazi party and the Hindu good luck symbol is still used but is not recognised as much.

I said a 'Nazi flag' which Archimage has already told me is against forum rules.

And I don't want to be forced to stick to a certian genre.

Uh, hex, I was just saying that banning the use of swastikas is sort of illogical because of that. The Nazi Flag is just a swastika, pretty much, so that's what you were basically asking about.

And that's your problem.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

The reason it is considered offensive is because it is now associated with the nazis. It doesn't matter what it meant before, it is forever destined to be known as "That symbol the nazis used".

But yeah, giant floating cities sound cool. Or making an island or 10 float over a few hundered years by digging into the island and creating a ton of machinery inside.

I find myself joyous in saying SCREW PHYSICS, LETS HAVE US SOME AIR PIRATES AND FLOATING CONTINENTS.

2Xeo5.png

Ok, well stop it because I don't give a [bleep] and if I don't ask a question don't answer it with [cabbage].

And yeh, genres get boring and it's not even been decided.

And without physics how do we define possible or not?

Chill the [bleep] out.

And it's not like we're ignoring physics, just that they're... laxer.

And it's not that we have a genre, it's just the way the world turned out in this alternative history.

Whereas now the world is mostly powered by petroleum, with ac/dc currents and all that, in this history it would be steam powered.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Sere..... Seriously. End of discussion.

And while your doing steampunk my sci-fi ulfsarks with light axes willl kill every [bleep]ing thing in sight.

Or even better my magneton robots made of plastic will own all of your clockworks.

Actually, no you won't. Because what we're thinking of doing is having it in a world where NOTHING BUt STEAM POWER was invented, and it's semi-modern times.

Oh and @ Rocco:

f1

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Steampunk physics.

This would be quite helpful, if we compile 10 reasons on how steampunk works. Like cartoon physics.

What do you say?

1) energy can be multiplyed by steam (this explains the massive power we have)

2) AI is easy to make and manafacture.

And is this steampunkery going to have different stages of development. For example if John wants to research a steampunk fly will he have to research flight, AI, energy saving or can he just make the fly.

The point I'm trying to make is that all all steampunk things are at the same stage of development. There is no new weapons and such, it'll become a flame war.

meatlover.png

Omg that was witty.

Anyway, I'm on my phone so I don't think I explained it that well.

Ok, in the normal hegemony say I wanted to research a robot: it has a coilgun, AI system and works with plastic conductivity. In the oriigional hegemony is have to research all of that however in the new steampunk hegemony you can just research the robot, the game will fall apart.

meatlover.png

Well, I'm sure if we can straighten out the rules, it'll be interesting. Anyways, rifles, instead of gunpowder, could be propeled by compressed steam! :thumbsup:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.