What do we want  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to play on Earth

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want Alernative History?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you happy with Archimage A to run this game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if he doesn't participate
    • There doesn't need to be a 'runner'

I'm assuming the following techs are available to most people:

Basic Airships

Basic Submarines

Rifles

Basic "Tanks"

Basic Ships

----------------

Then there are specialties to consider, which could be debated.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll actually draw it in real life and then scan it.

I'm in the mood to draw something at the moment anyway.

The canadians got bored and decided they wanted a floating continent to demonstrate their engineering prowess to the rest of the world. Afterwards, it was taken over by a surprisingly organised group of sky pirates lead by the pirate king Balthazar Firehammer. After a long and bloody struggle, the Canadians gave up trying to get it back, and it declared itself to be an independant country. After a shaky start with Canada, the two soon managed to patch things up with Sigma offering to pay Canada for the land as well as relocating all of the Canadian citizens on the island.

That's half of my territory...

Instead of doing floating continents, why not do floating landmasses, sort of like the floating landmasses from Avatar?

gaiageography.png

Actually, instead of being the United States of Britain, I would rather be Germania. I'll go draw up a map in a second, but basically, we rule Germany, France, the British Isles, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy. Our pros are superior engineering quality, a good naval fleet, and France's air prowess.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Floating landmasses was sort of what I was thinking of. Maybe like Skystone, from Final Fantasy? Except that it can't be mined or used, and is inert in every way except for the fact that it allows continents to float.

I'm creating a flag at the moment.

I think that all of the nations should start equal in terms of economic power, so that nobody can claim the USA and instantly become the leader.

EDIT: Finished my flag. I'm doing the stuff on paint, since I'm out of sketch paper.

34zgkrb.png

2Xeo5.png

Floating landmasses was sort of what I was thinking of. Maybe like Skystone, from Final Fantasy? Except that it can't be mined or used, and is inert in every way except for the fact that it allows continents to float.

I'm creating a flag at the moment.

I think that all of the nations should start equal in terms of economic power, so that nobody can claim the USA and instantly become the leader.

Or atleast similar economics wise.

I mean, in the old hegemony, some third world countries (or semi-third world) rose to the top, like you with Iran and me with Brazil.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Yeah, but I just think it's easier if everyone starts off at the same point and then goes from there.

Come to think of it, the only reason why that was possible was because there were no major world super powers actually playing. China wasn't playing through most of that time, and the USA exploded. Well, in this game you're right, we should try to start somewhat evenly, but I think we should all start pretty low, with problems like poverty and the like for us to fix, so that way each nation/empire develops it's own solutions and develops uniquely.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Yeah, I have to agree with you there.

We can decide on the other issues when Archi is finished deciding exactly how far we can go with the abuse of physics.

Also, yeah, I'm going to say a sudden imbalance of Skystone caused half of Canada to start floating.

2Xeo5.png

Yeah, I have to agree with you there.

We can decide on the other issues when Archi is finished deciding exactly how far we can go with the abuse of physics.

Also, yeah, I'm going to say a sudden imbalance of Skystone caused half of Canada to start floating.

I'd rather have the continent be floating by steampunky means, like massive propellers or like blimps holding it up or something but whatever.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Oooh, I know!

Something like The Antikythera Mechanism, except instead of looking at the sky, it makes an entire continent float. And they accidentily unearthed and activated the ancient machine, causing half of Canada to rise out of the ground.

There, thats steampunk'd enough.

2Xeo5.png

Government: Imperial monarchy, Republic (citizens vote for prime minister)

Era: The Second Reich

History: At the end of the end of the nineteenth century, Napoleon conquered Britain after the Battle of Waterloo. Twenty years later, the Second Reich was formed after Germany invaded neighbouring countries, including France. Germany's mechanized weapons were more than a match against the French infantry, and the Luftwaffe dominated France's skies. After the War, Napoleon was sent to Berlin for execution. Since Germany conquered France, Britain automatically fell under Germany's control. Some of the British high-command rejoiced in the fact that the two great branches of the glorious and superior Anglo-Saxon race were united. "Heil der Kaiser," was a common battle cry as German troops paraded through their dominion. In order to secure Germania's invulnerability, an alliance was wrought between the Continental United States [of Britain] and Germania's Second Reich. Currently, all of Germania's subjects (which have become full citizens) are treated well by the German government, but Germania still holds an expansionist policy.Years after the War of the Second Reich, Italy became a protectorate and then later became a dominion of the Kaiser.

Military: Luftwaffe (air force), Der Krieg (navy), Germanian cavalry, Germanian infantry, Germanian artillery

Some of the aircraft in the Luftwaffe are real-life aeroplanes from World War I and Zeppelins. The Zeppelins are a lot more formidable, though and are often sent in along with hundreds of aeroplanes when an invasion is underway. The navy contains dreadnoughts. German artillery contains guns like Big Bertha. The infantry consists of soldiers in trench coats with gunblades and long daggers. The infantry soldiers wear German-style helmets with the imperial eagle emblazoned on them. German cavalry consists of vehicles and some horses. The horses have titanium armour plating for protection.

germany_ww2_full.jpg

After the conquests of the Second Reich drew to a respite, Berlin was overhauled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k9VKjfffs4&feature=related

The great Germanian monument was constructed. In the outskirts of the city lay vast steam-driven factories. All visitors to the imperial city are often awestruck by the grandeur of the great Germanian Monument. Gatherings take place inside the Square whenever the Kaiser has an announcement to make to the public.

Vatican City remains "sovereign", however the popes and clergymen of the Roman Catholic church are all supporters of the Germanian Reich, claiming that it perfectly symbolises God's will for mankind.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Sere, that might be way too much land to start with... Germany, France, England and Italy? Those are all prime countries for people to take as their own, I don't think you should be allowed to start with all of them, only one.

Oh, here's an amazing picture.

http://wall.alphacoders.com/images/Sci%20Fi/Sci-Fi-Spaceship-41875.jpg

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Here's my history:

In 1584 a group of Portuguese colonists ship was smashed into the coast of Brazil during an ungodly storm. Only a dozen of the original crew of 89 managed to make it to shore, and those twelve were battered and tired. They took shelter in a cave, managing to keep warm through the night. The next morning, they came out of their refuge and looked around for any trace of any other survivors. Instead, they discovered something strange, frightening. They heard a ticking, whirring sound coming from the back of the cave they had slept in. They found a large, brass door with a lever in front of it. They were initially confused about why they hadnt noticed it previously, but their confusion gave way to curiosity. One of the brave explorers cautiously pulled the lever, and a massive rumbling sound was heard behind the door. Steam seeped through, and the door slid open to reveal an intricate second door, covered in rapidly moving gears and gauges. A few moments later, this second door opened, to revel something even more shocking: An entire city, underground. Strangely, the architecture closely resembled that of Europe, perhaps by coincidence, though the city itself had a very alien and foreign feel to the Portuguese. The enormous cavern the city was located in was lit by strange bulbs covering the entire cavern ceiling. In the center of the city was a massive drill, boring ever deeper into the ground, with thousands of carts carrying raw materials away to various locations.

The Portuguese were soon spotted by a city worker. The Portuguese had been educated in the language of the few indigenous tribes(above ground) that previous colonists had found, and these underground-dwelling people spoke the same dialect. They learned that this city was just one of many, a network of the cities stretched across much of the continent. The Portuguese eventually left the city, and were able to find a small colony of European settlers a few miles away. When they told their story, they were ridiculed, so over time they forgot about it, and passed it off as a bad dream induced by stress and fatigue.

So, going a bit further about the people I control. We're a race of people that live underground, mostly. But, in recent decades cities have been constructed above ground, especially on the coast. The appearance of my people is essentially the same as modern day Brazilians. Now it's about 300 years after we were first discovered, and the European settlers developed a healthy fear of us, since my people began to think of the Europeans as invaders, and pushed them off of our land. The area we control is roughly the same as modern day Brazil, though the only above ground cities are along the coast.

Strengths:

Mining, Subterranean construction and fighting.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

NB: A Year is equal to 2 real life days. You can only research 5 separate projects at a time, unless you set up institutes of science which give you various bonuses which must be negotiated with me. This especially applies to people who usually stay silent about stuff, there will be a fairly strict 'If it isn't mentioned then it doesn't exist' policy, typos are also not allowed...if you say you do something then you do it.

I don't want to wreck anyone's delusions but the battle of Waterloo would probably have not led to the fall of Britain... Well not the near draw battle I envisaged. France posed a much greater threat to continental Europe.

Anyway I think that creating problems which all the countries have to solve might be a good way to start, that way people can get a feel for their countries.

9UWwz.png

Will make a better map later, again this is just a possibility, please accept or reject bits of it.

OK, so roughly speaking Europe got whoped by France and then Russia started getting whoped but then Napoleon died and winter ensued and basically a long standing truce was declared, though skirmishes are not uncommon with the accidentally on purpose shooting down of French Airships and the looting of the passengers who are then sold to the Slave States in Africa(the Yellow bit)

The United States of Britain tried to build an empire but got stuck in the Atlantic with South Africa as the farthest west they could go.

Ross' state(The purplish one) was created by the imperialists in the new United states of Britain who went East and tried to subjugate the Native Americans, but the Natives used some kind of magic(technology hidden in a temple) to lift the land out of...well the land. It is powered by hundreds of thousands of turbo jets(which cannot be researched) powered by oil reserves and probably some kind of Quark Fusion drive(which also cannot be researched)

The Chinese thus had a freehand to expand on the East coast because the British couldn't get across.

After the fall of Denmark the Danes fled to the Orkney Isles and then to Iceland and Greenland. They also have some land in South America because of the ancient Vikings who landed in North America and then went south in order to return to Denmark(notably failing) anyway when the British arrived they discovered the Vikings and attempted to re patriot them, which caused a war with Britain but drew the two Danes together.

Russia got whoped and so shrank accordingly. They country is basically 5 sheep per mile and 1 person to every 100 sheep.

The Ottoman Empire took control of large amounts of land and began to re-Islamaify Spain, they also blocked the East India Company and set up their own trade route(which later lost Sri Lanka) to Australia.

The Serbian Federation(The Black Bit) was kicked out of their homeland and had to settle south of Russia, Russia itself being too barren to live on.

The Maratha Empire(Brown) continued to expand, winning the Battle of Panipat (1761) which secured them against the later attempts by Britain to set up the East India Company, which failed horribly and has been blamed as the thing that led Britain to lose the Battle of Waterloo.

The Pink Empire is basically a confederation of states which I couldn't be bothered to think of a back story for.

Ethiopia survived the Dash to Africa...not much else to say.

The Jungle(The aqua) was a colony of Britain's, but because of certain reforms the Jungle declared independence from the 'corrupt' liberal democracy and instituted an absolute monarch. The state is in a bad way, trying to subjugate the native people but having to buy slaves from the Slave State to fight the natives, which is creating more natives as they slaves escape. In recent times flame-thrower weapons have been deployed with the intention of destroying the infestation forever.

The Barbary Coast Corsairs(my race)(Also know as the Moriarty Factor)(The darker blue) basically dominate the seas of Africa-Europe and checked British colonialism westwards. They are well know for their extremely powerful sudden strike tactics, which they deploy at will, seemingly, across the Atlantic Ocean, ensuring that they are the only trading nation. Numerous land wars have been fought to stop the fleets but the Antarctic fortress seems to have a limitless supply of highly trained men who seem to dominate the battlefields that they choose to fight on. Currently though they refuse to advance beyond their boarders and it is suspected that there is some reason for this.

The Slave State are one of the greatest stains on the United States since Waterloo. It broke off from the Jungle in favour of a much more extreme system of government, Objectivism. The state turned into a powerhouse, creating goods which were sold the world over, but soon it became apparent that slavery was being used, not just any slavery but European Slavery! This ended the war between the United States and France, who tried to destroy the nation, but could not because of their inadequate resources after fighting each other for so long. Eventually peace was declared and France and the United States were forced to focus on domestic issues and so needed the consumer goods of the Slave State.

Finally(I think) is the Brazilian country(I am happy for you to redo this Doom). The underground empire was discovered by the British and a protectorate was instituted. What no one knew was that the British had gone nowhere near the territory they were 'protecting' they had just declared that some natives had invited them in, wheeled out some willing North American Natives and claimed that they were South American. Anyway when, 50 years later the British actually advanced down there they found the Vikings and they found the Brazilians. A bloody war with the Vikings meant that settlements(mainly in the north) were set up, ignoring the Brazilian claims. When the Viking peace treaty was signed the British were in no mood to give away land and so started to genocide on the Brazilian dogs, eventually annexing them(though it was a strange annex where no British person was allowed in the underground territory and the Brazilian people set the terms of the tribute.) Tiring of this arrangement the Brazilians declared independence 2 years ago and are currently in the midst of a civil war with the United States. France has vowed not to interfere(mainly because it is currently bankrupt) and the Vikings are tentatively at peace with the United States as the United States have found out that the Viking/Danish leadership have reverted to Christianity, which would blow the Norse Pagan Country apart.

I think rather than equal countries all countries should be crippled by something which they have to shake off(Note to people random events WILL last longer than 1 turn and WILL USUALLY get progressively worse, no matter what action you take(not taking an action will make things get a whole hell of a lot worse...you are gonna be trying to limit damage and salvage the good events most of the time)

Oh, my faction is basically a pirate faction, they refuse to negotiate with anyone. The army is unbeatable(Any attack will automatically lose, this is just to make sure the pirate fleet, and source of about 30% of all random events is not destroyed), the navy is not(Since that would be silly). The ships are however incredibly powerful and will attack trading vessels if people try to send them across the Atlantic. I also offer a trading service at highly extortionate rates.

On the matter of allowed technologies:

Power sources:

Steam and natural gas are allowed right away.

Diesel, Petroleum, Solar power and Thermodynamic exchange are researchable. (20 years, 15 years, 35 years, 80 years)

Different power sources do different things.

Steam is a universal power source, it is not expensive to build or run, can be used underwater and above 1,000 feet.

Natural gas is cheaper to build but more expensive to run and only works stationary, also cannot be used underwater or above 1,000 feet.

Diesel is more expensive to buy, cheaper to run, can be stationary or mobile, cannot be used underwater(without oxygen compression technology) or above 1,000 feet.

Petrol is cheap to buy, cheap to run, only works mobile, cannot be used underwater(without Oxygen tech) or above 1,000 feet.

Solar power is expensive to build, free to run, works stationary or mobile, can't be used underwater but can be used above 1,000 feet, solar power is underpowered so you need a lot of them for a small house.

Thermodynamic exchange is basically Steam-Power on Speed! Cables down into the core of the Earth heat water, providing free energy. It is exorbitantly expensive, it still costs money to run(but you will only need a dozen to power a country), they only work stationary, but can be used underwater and above 1,000 feet.

Tanks:

No tanks are available right away.

The Mark I, Mark II and Mark III can be researched and will yield their specific type in 5 years(or 10 days), and you have to research in order, also the M2 and M3 need Diesel or Petroleum.

Ships:

Aircraft carriers and all pre-first world war ships are allowed right away.

Super Dreadnoughts can be researched but are probably a lame duck given air power. Other than this Submarines can be researched, as can improvements on all other ship classes. Submarines take 8 years to research. Super Dreadnoughts take 15 years.

Infantry:

Rifles are already done as are silly uniforms which are largely ineffective at stopping bullets.

Combat armour can be researched. Helmets can be researched. Machine guns, rockets, artillery, incendiary bombs and grenades can be researched (20, 2, 5, 40, 5, 5)

Other stuff can be researched by you must post it on the main thread. Hidden research can be done but I, or Doom, must be aware of exactly what it is, you can ONLY BEGIN research AFTER one or both of us have said OK. If both of us are told then we both have to say yes.

I am gonna get on with the other things in my life and possibly be back on in a few hours/tomorrow, depends how I feel.

That is all.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I thought some people start with certain things? My nation is amphibious, but it doesn't seem to have any amphibious tech. I'd like my sub.

Anyways, did you read my history Archi for Japan? Is it feasible?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Can't see there being a major problem with it...Except that it has no steampunk referances at all...I think you are gonna have to steam it up(Which sounds euphamistic)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

The nation of Sigma is going to begin gathering materials for the production of Airships. Also, all of the infantry (Pirates, but can be called into the army at any time) are given gunblade falchions and a copper shield (No nations are rich, so thats about the best I can give them).

Further mining operations will be set up on the northern part of the island, as well as research stations (bonuses need to be negotiated with Archi) which are going to work on steampunk power armour.

Being in the sky has allowed many different plants and animals to flourish in the short time the machine has been active, so the local fauna is very different from that of the surface world.

2Xeo5.png

Unnassaultable?

It has a ton of shanty towns, a few decently defended port towns, almost no walls, and only minor defenses.

What made you assume it was unnassaultable?

Remember that each nation is basically gimped for a while, so there will be no 100 foot high walls made out of machine guns.

2Xeo5.png

You see, there's already basically a Southeast Asian federation. Maratha is an Indian empire. However, I know you're going to try to conquer South-East Asia. I'll split it with you. You can have the land part of Asia, and I'll take the sea. I'll start colonizing China for you, so incase you don't want to play nice, I have something, but as soon as I get South-East Asian islands (maybe Hawaii too) I'll give the rest to you.

Hail French Empire!

I am of the Lichtes empire, eminent power in the South Pacific. Are you interested in productive trade and peace?

-------------

The Japanese anthem:

How do you embed the video?