What do we want  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to play on Earth

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want Alernative History?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you happy with Archimage A to run this game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if he doesn't participate
    • There doesn't need to be a 'runner'

I hope Archi unlocks the thread soon.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what Retech is saying and I agree. Let's try to keep this from getting to the point where 1 million people attack 1 million people. If at all possible let's stay below 100,000.

I think everyone is a little befuddled in their history of the Hegemony. It wasn't me who started making million man attacks, that was Grim and Latino. Obviously everyone followed suit.

Like I said before, I'll make however much I feel is reasonable.

I never accused you of anything. If you remember, I wasn't around in the first Hegemony. My point is that Archi should make a baseline, and everyone bases it off him. For example, the United States of Britain might have more tanks than it, while a technologically inferior country would have more infantry while fewer tanks than the baseline.

As for Dusty, since Serbia is suffering overpopulation, I'm guessing (not sure though) that he would have many infantry units, but few tanks. I'm assuming Ross would have far less tanks since he's flying, but he would have more aeroplanes. See what I'm getting at?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Gross overproduction?

We end up back where we started. Some people have a different perception of overproduction. Yes, you may have voiced your opinion on it, but apparently I ignored it, or argued my way out of it. Now, do you really think I'm the only person who would do that?

2Xeo5.png

Well, I'm sure Archi could sort it all out. :D

Ummm Dusty?

Just so you know, I think Ross and you would have about the same amount of tanks, or Ross would have a bit less. So you're really not going in a circle.

I am with Dusty on this one.

As I stated on the rules part of the thread:

All players are asked to be reasonable with their posting.

Similarly economics and such are at the players disgression. If you want me to work something out then I shall. My word is law globaly, your word is also law in your own country. If you want to claim that you found a billion tonnes of gold then fine. You will get alot of random events, hate mail from other players(probably) and get me personally annoyed for trying to wreck the game.

My word overrules your word. I will not overrule anything physical(I find a billion tonnes of gold) but I will overrule the mental(The people think this is a good idea). So it is proably not a good idea to tell me what the people like because I respect your right over the physical and expect you to respect my right over the mental.

So if I was a new game wrecking player who decided that the Isle of Wight was going to produce 9 million tanks from the population of 140,000 then I would have 9 million tanks produced by 140,000. If I ever asked Archi(That is to say me) to work something out, which I would have to because no one would accept that I had built 9 million tanks, then Archi(me) would calculate that the 9 million tanks were of a very low quality and thus worth very little and thus counted for virtually nothing. If I then was angry and so created 900 billion tanks, then those tanks would be of an extremely low quality, the people of the Isle of Wight would be in open revolt, my population figures would tumble from overwork, mines would collapse, power-plants would explode, ect-ect. If I then got so irritated that I decided I would build a doomsday weapon(and magically had the technology since Archi(me) will NOT authorize any Doomsday Weapons, even steam-powered ones... the last thing I want is a cold war) then I could build that, but if I did not go with the stated number of years to build it then it would be of a poor quality and then Archi(me) would have to roll on how effective it was. So say it took 50 years to build and I spent 1 year building it. The Doomsday weapon would have a 1 in 6.601e+82 (Which is 49^49) chance of working.

In an effort to help people work stuff out. I would say that each person is worth 3,000 man hours per year(1/3 of his/her time). Tanks should take something like 9 weeks to build with a 5 man crew so...2,520 Man hours. So say 1 tank per person per year, if you did nothing else(This would lead to famine, exploding power plants and the like)

If you were going to research stuff like automated factories then you could and that would increase the number of man hours each person was worth by some fraction which would be agreed with me.

Does that make sense to people?

I will unlock the thread when I have all the information I need. That is to say populations of your lands and starting technologies(Refer to each other on Hegepedia, ask me about specifics) posted on Hegepedia.

Additionally I want to add a new rule concerning technology trading. (Stolen straight out of Hearts of Iron) When you trade technologies you are not trading the ability to build/whatever things, you are trading the ability to half research time. This is to stop people, as I did in Hegemony, from acquiring 80% of all technology in a year. Effectively making them more powerful than anyone else.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

You can use any system you like.

It makes very little difference to me as I will be basing my calculations off of population and technology.

Random events on the other hand will be based of the system you are using so...

I'll say I get a billion pounds an hour then?

If we don't all follow a fair easy system everyone will get messed up.

And aswell as that, this time can we use £'s instead of $'s. There much easier.

That's why we use common sense. Under that system, the aforementioned (big mind-[bleep] for you, I know) wouldn't happen.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I'm designing a race like the previous Lichtes where I have more population than anyone else, but fewer man-hours, due to the fact that only 1/10th of the population can do any mental functions beyond adding single-digit numbers.

I think I'll start with 10 million civilians, but what does everyone else think about that? That would pretty much be the highest, but keep in mind I'll have one of the lowest man-hour totals.

I dunno. We could use a new type of currency and move away from the whole dollar issue.

Retech, you usually have the ones that can only add one digit numbers as your soldiers, so that system would mean you have more infantry than anyone else as well. I think it needs a bit more balancing.

2Xeo5.png

Well my infantry would have no aerial support (I start with subs but no air units), but my infantry have rifles and funny uniforms like everyone else. Not to mention I can't come with too many infantry or else I'll suffer a lot of random events. :P

Yet they have survival instincts and can be effective under a good (female) leader.

Of course keep in mind they'd probaly fail on land without aerial support, but they'd be unstoppable at sea. Especially since my infantry can attack your ships (hardy har har) if you start trying to steal my pacific islands. :D

With Yen we'd have a buncha big numbers. :(

-----------------

Well I'm going to use these numbers for my nation approximately:

Total Population: 50 million

Enlistable Population: 10 million

Female Population (that can do things past manual labor): 5 million

Approximately 100 submarines produced every year (roughly equal to tanks). Of course I need feedback, since I'm the first one to post anything, but someone has to start somewhere.

I did till my sister dropped the laptop they were on... Ruddy useless. Would be cool though, I still have the disk for HOI2 though so....

In all honesty you can use whatever currency you like, it makes no difference to me. I will just give you the amounts in %(so no using the % as a currency :rolleyes: ). So rather than 'You have an economic meltdown, lose 500 Million &s' it will be 'You have an economic meltdown, your currency is worth 25% of is old value.'

Effectively we could just go with Gold...

Country A:

Amount of Gold= 50 Tonnes

Amount of Gold in Circulation= 40 Tonnes

Fractional Reserve= 1/9th

Paper Gold= 360 Tonnes

Exchange Rate= 1 gram to £105

Thus:

£4,200,000,000 of real money

£37,800,000,000 of paper money

(Since Britian was at the economic forefront of the world we have a choice of £ or F (francs) since France controls Europe. Dollars do not exist.)

[hide]Now, there is approximately 200,000 Tonnes of Gold on Earth, of which 50,000 is yet to be extracted so we assume that only 50,000 tonnes was avalible in 1900. Now split between 12 countries 4200 Tonnes. Then smelt some down into jewellery, probably about 8/9ths. So 466 Tonnes in reserve. So each country should have £48,930,000,000 or 49 Billion pounds each.

Now then, since that is ALL of the money there needs to be some some in circulation, so you print money that can be circulated and withdrawn by your people. Say half of your money is in circulation, so 24 Billion pounds, divided between 137.5 Million people (1650World pop in millions/12 number of countries) is £178 each.

Which isn't a lot.

So what you do is you print more money than you actually have(Since no one in your country is really gonna take gold out). So say you print 9 times the amount you have, then everyone has 9 times more money. So £1,602 each.

However then inflation happens, since you owe more money than you can actually pay back. Say at 1% per year, so their £1,602 is now worth £1,586.

Which is fine on a small scale, but on a larger scale... you are losing 48,930,000 or 49 million pounds a year![/hide]

None of which really effects you because I work it out and then give you the random events to go with it. =P

All you have to do is fill in the sheet above...or work something out yourself.

This game doesn't punish you for not knowing, but it does reward you for knowing.

I would also like to point out that, despite appearences, I do not have unlimited time, I am not gonna know if you don't bother to work stuff out exactly. So long as it looks right I am fine with it(well unless someone complains.