What do we want  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to play on Earth

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want Alernative History?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you happy with Archimage A to run this game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if he doesn't participate
    • There doesn't need to be a 'runner'

Hehe, I must have missed that part of 20th century history.

Total Population: 50 million

Enlistable Population: 10 million

Female Population (that can do things past manual labor): 5 million

Since you are alien it is more difficult to work out, but if they were human...

Building ships should take a few years or a lot of man hours.

Approximately only 15% of the population are employed as of 1900( 20% are Children, 30% are Old, 15% are middle aged Women, 10% are disabled, 10% won't work/incarcerated)

So...7,500,000 workers, half are agri/aquacultural. S0 3,750,000

So 45,000,000 man hours per year to spend on building stuff. Either weapons, tools or consumer goods.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the way I saw it was that there are no children (just developing eggs), the elderly die unless they're in the government (since those in the government are mutated, sorta like queen bees), there are no people in jail (they're all being tortured and executed), and you can't be disabled (the anatomy of the body is such that if you break something severely so that you can't work at even a desk-job, then you're pretty much dead from not breathing.

----------------

I thought tanks and the like were too cheap, so I decided to add technological constraints, even though I have such a large population for labor. I've decided it would be better to self-moderate myself instead of making everyone disabled so they can't work. :)

Are you fine with my numbers Archi? I'll send a PM everytime I feel that my production should increase.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Sounds fair. What happens when my population starts expanding?

-----------------

By the way, I was talking about my production of tanks and ships and the like. I was keeping them down to balance out my large population growth rate of 20% (I think this should be the highest, since I am giving up a lot of production here).

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

5 million man hours sounds good. How do you calculate from the total amount of working people to the total amount of man hours per year?

12 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Since people sleep from 4-16 hours a day is probably the ok to say 12, also the shorter work day counts for holidays and such canceling out working 365 days a year.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

How much would it cost for one of my subs? Keep in mind that they can be filled with water, so they don't need to keep water out.

I'm looking, but it doesn't say anything what so ever. I'll put the man-hour cost at 3 million, or 3/5ths that of a conventional battleship.

That means you can expect them to fail against normal battleships, mind.

If you want sea-superiority, it'd be better to make them more expensive so that they are better quality.

Also, Retech, it's a little unfair that you can basically have your entire population working. There needs to be some major drawback to that.

As well as being able to use your infantry as a navy. There should be some drawback like you suck at fighting on land or something.

Okay, so my man-hours are like this:

13,000,000 (20% of population, the ones that can work) * 12 * 365 = 56,940,000,000

And that doesn't look at all right. It probably shouldn't be in the billions, so what did I do wrong?

Also, I think I'm going to put a few million man-hours into researching Air to Depth charges.

2Xeo5.png

I was thinking they'd be approximately the same strength as a battleship, but cheaper since I don't need to keep water out. Anyways, I'll definitely have sea-superiority as my land units (infantry) can attack sea units. Effectively, I will outnumber most people in the sea unless all infantry are defeated.

Have torpedos been invented yet? :)

To Ross, my "story" is that my entire population is working, but in game mechanics, it doesn't work that way. That's why I'm limiting myself to Archi's system, even though everyone is theoretically working. It's just for the story.

Anyways, my people can't survive in the desert without full body suits, or high up in the sky without a contained space with lots of humidity.

-------------

To Rocco, 20 airships and 200 fixed wing aircraft? I was thinking about starting with building 15 subs a year, with my subs being cheaper since there's no life support AND the fact that I have no airships. Maybe bring that down to 10 air ships and 100 fixed wing aircraft?

Also, for Archi's man-hour calculation. Instead of saying 15% is employed, then half of that is agriculture, then multiplying by 12, I am setting it as all female workers can build stuff, with male workers doing the agriculture/resource gathering/fighting.

So instead of 7.5%, 10%. Total Man-hours: 60 million

I think it's impluasible to have over half of your population working. I went with 20%, and I'm actually going to change it to 15% soon anyways. 25% would be a good number for a 35m population.

Rocco, it really isn't that difficult. Hell, I'll do it for you.

8.75m (25% of 35m) *12 * 365 = 38,325,000,000 or 38.33 billion man-hours per year.

Aaaand I still think I'm doing something horribly wrong here, does anybody know if this is correct?

2Xeo5.png

Get rid of the 365

Well apparantly Archi didn't multiply my total by 365, so just roll with it. :D

You also seem to forget that I'm the Lichtens, a race with no childhood (literally, there are no children) and deaths once you are incapable to work. I still toned it down to be fair to other players.

---------

Seriously, your problem is that India has little infrastructure, at least I think that was what it was said. Please tone your production rates down.

We know that all these numbers are a bit low. Btw battleships and airships are equal in cost. Anyways, like my previous argument, just because it's reasonable in real life doesn't mean that it'll be good for the game. The more you make, the weaker each of them will be. Do you want to set that precedent for your nation?

That your ships are weak?

Can everyone get their rates in and approved by Archi so we can start?

I don't know; I was thinking you'd have more soldiers than that. Can we have someone's opinion on that? I was thinking 100,000+ soldiers a year, up to a limit when your economy can't support it of course.