What do we want  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to play on Earth

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want Alernative History?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you happy with Archimage A to run this game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if he doesn't participate
    • There doesn't need to be a 'runner'

Sounds good to me. How bout we have countries with large populations (excluding France and Britain) start with 100,000, France and Britain start with 150,000, and smaller countries with 50,000.

So basically Serbia, Japan, India, and the Ottoman Empire start with 100,000. Countries like France and Britain with 150,000. Maybe the gold coast and Ross would start with 50,000. The flipside to this is that Ross starts with say...50 airships and you (Rocco) would start with like 20 airships. I would start with 20 submarines and its tech, since I don't have the airship techs.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfft, 100000 :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

They don't have a larger population, but they probaly have more troops (more colonies to defend). Oh well, like Archi said, you can make as many troops as you want, but maybe your colonies will all rebel against you. :)

Sigma will start with 100,000 soldiers, 60 Airships and 6 Skyfall Airships (Really big airships) 0 ships, and 0 tanks.

My airships are going to cost 5 million man-hours per, the Skyfall Airships will cost 20 million man-hours each.

I have a population of 65 million, of which 15% is working 12 hours per day average, which gives me 117 million man-hours.

At the moment, I'll Sky-Depth charges, and that will take 80 million man-hours.

I'll also start research on a tank which can be carried aboard the airships, but will put it on hold till later, for 140 million man-hours, as well as steam-clockwork armour, which will take 250m man-hours (Also on hold)

There, will that work? I think that system will do just fine.

Bearing in mind we havn't started yet, this is what I'm going to be doing as soon as we start.

2Xeo5.png

I just have a few things to say:

1. I believe techs take a specific amount of time to research. Ask Archi about it.

2. How is it that you have a greater population and more people working than I do? Not to mention more airships and big airthingies. Noting that your nation is full of pirates, which could not be sustained at such a great population. Maybe you should lower the number of people that work to 10% and lower your troop/ship numbers?

3. Like the first thing, tanks take a specific amount of time to research. Since yours are light enough to be carried on airships, I'm guessing that they'll take even longer.

Ok, here's what I'm thinking for me:

High population (never fought in a major war before the civil war with United States of Britain)

Lots of infrastructure.

Low air/navy tech.

Higher land warfare tech.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Sounds fair. So basically researching a tank which takes the same amount of time as the research for a regular tank (tanks haven't been invented yet), but it's less armored. Is that the jist of it?

--------

To Doom, when you mean high population, you mean in general, not density, right?

To Doom, when you mean high population, you mean in general, not density, right?

Well, it would probably be fairly dense as well since most of it is based in underground city centers and you can only have so many of those.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Whoops, you're Brazil, not the USB. Sorry about that. :D

Can you imagine the report Archi might do?

"The citizens of Berlin cowered today as Sigma forces dropped thousands of tanks into the city. The defence was swiftly annhialated, and the invaders took control. Long live Sigma!"

I'll start with 100,000 troops, 200 U-Boats (personal subs, mainly used to recon (basically fixed wing aircraft of the sea)), 20 Standard Submarines, and 1 Mothership Submarine.

-------

I think we've basically set the base line. :D

Bah I am finally going to set up production rates.

Okay so I am post industrial revolution america...

I would say 50 tanks a year 75 fixed wing aircraft 100 ships and 7,000 infantry a year should be reasonable.

EDIT: I will start with 225 fixed wing aircraft 200 war ships and 40,000 infantry a year as well as 7 air ships.

LNYvk.png

So you're the United States of Britian? Your ship numbers are incredibly high. Also, no one has tanks yet. You have to research them.

So you're the United States of Britian? Your ship numbers are incredibly high. Also, no one has tanks yet. You have to research them.

Yes my ship numbers are rather high but if you check I have a rather low amount of infantry forces (it should be around 40,000) and in my defense the british did have the most powerful navy in the world at that time period. Still I will probably nock it down a bit.

LNYvk.png

Soudns good.

Right now I am confused... Do I control the whole british empire (and play as the United States of Britain) or just the north and south american bit? If there are no objections I will be taking the whole empire...

LNYvk.png

I believe you play as the whole empire.

-----

We won't be having many problems in diplomacy if you stay away from the South-Asian islands. I may attack Australia too. :)

-

If by the time the game starts, if people don't claim an empire, is it neutral territory we can seize at our will? :)

Lets say a 5% growth rate for everyone unless you do something specifically to change that?

Looking at the other numbers, I'm taking 60 Airships and 6 Skyfall Airships instead of 50 and 5, since other people seem to have quite a large amount. I'm also cutting my troop number to 75,000, as I would imagine they are all quite well trained and 100k would be a little overpowering.

All of my troops are armed with a Falchion Gunblade and a copper riot shield.

Also, who is playing as the NPC empires? I assume it will be Archi?

2Xeo5.png

Trying to limit population growth rate already? 5% seems to be very little for an egg-laying race.

Trying to limit population growth rate already? 5% seems to be very little for an egg-laying race.

Your egg laying race would also have an infant mortality rate of 90+% most likely.

LNYvk.png