Penguin Points

UserOnRS

I would defenitely spend it on herblore due the the price of it, especially now that everyone is trying to get it up. Slayer is slow, but its easy experience. :^_^:

http://sign.tip.it/1/6/24/304/lady_scm.png

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

Ehm say herblore costs 25 gp/xp at 200k xp/h and slayer is 20k xp/hour and makes 5 gp/xp.

Penguins give you 38k slayer xp and 30k herb xp. They take about 15 minutes to find.

They save you 100 minutes of slayer and 'cost' you about 190k, for slayer.

For herblore, they 'cost' you about 6 minutes and save you 750k.

I'd say slayer is better to use them on, since you'd 'spend' 940k in order to save 106 minutes, or 530k/h. No idea if I did that right, but okay. I don't think I did actually. But meh you get the point, time saved > money saved.

2dvjurb.png

Slayer is not the slowest skill.

If you're referring to runecrafting, runecrafting is faster than slayer, a consistent 55k/hour at 99, maybe 50k/hour at 90.

it is indeed about 50k/hour at 90 with ZMI

slayer does get melee xp though

i say herblore, herblore is more useful at this point, and unless you dont have a trimmed skillcape yet, it is definitely the more useful option

Naaxi.png

If you're referring to runecrafting, runecrafting is faster than slayer, a consistent 55k/hour at 99, maybe 50k/hour at 90.

Presumably Zaaps1 is referring to farming where you're time constrained...can only get so much xp per day.

Back on topic, I'd go for herblore. Slayer 99 would be spectacular but get your herblore up and you'll get to 99 slayer even faster :)

yon_hibernis.png

Yeah ok true. (Although I figure it's slightly less, but w/e).

That doesn't make Slayer the slowest skill.

Fishing monks is actually slower, summoning is much slower if you count the charm gathering time. Slayer is a very diverse skill. If you block the slowest tasks and cancel intelligently, AND use the best methods for each task (not going overboard, however, with stuff such as spirit shields, etc.) you should get a minimum of ~30k slayer xp/hr and a maximum of roughly 70-80k if you can get consistent high-end tasks.

Fishing monks is actually slower, summoning is much slower if you count the charm gathering time. Slayer is a very diverse skill. If you block the slowest tasks and cancel intelligently, AND use the best methods for each task (not going overboard, however, with stuff such as spirit shields, etc.) you should get a minimum of ~30k slayer xp/hr and a maximum of roughly 70-80k if you can get consistent high-end tasks.

Well I'm not sure how fast serious slayers can get exp, but barbarian heavy rod is sure to beat it. I think someone worked out that summoning is about 50k/hour if you burst/barrage all your charms.

With slayer, you also have to consider the time spent traveling, getting new tasks, banking drops, withdrawing potions/cannon/etc, changing gear, etc.

Well I'm not sure how fast serious slayers can get exp, but barbarian heavy rod is sure to beat it. I think someone worked out that summoning is about 50k/hour if you burst/barrage all your charms.

With slayer, you also have to consider the time spent traveling, getting new tasks, banking drops, withdrawing potions/cannon/etc, changing gear, etc.

It includes banking time and task-receiving time.

Note that both of these actions, as well as getting to the location, all should take less than 5 minutes.

It does NOT consider using the Lunar spell NPC contact, or the Ferocious Ring to Kuradal.

Getting all penguins and bear takes me about 20-30 minutes.

Now I won't use the points on anything I could get the XP in via regular methods.

Slayer is a good choice, but I prefer Runecrafting, solely because RC is boring. At least slayer gives you a little variety.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I know I'm 95 slayer but I want to work on the efficiency that I'll get 200m xp in all skills eventually (even though I won't :P). Combat xp is worthless for me because I'll get 200m combat xps before slayer (this includes summoning, as I'm 95 summoning now and was like 60 slayer when summoning came out probably).

I'm not training slayer at the moment as I'm working on other skills and want to have the best prayer and herblore levels to continue. I just want to know if the time saved is better than the money saved.

"i say herblore, herblore is more useful at this point, and unless you dont have a trimmed skillcape yet, it is definitely the more useful option"

I don't have a trimmed skillcape yet. :P 4 98s and 99 HP. And yes, I do want to get herblore up but thinking of boss hunting to raise more money and won't want to "waste" xp since I just used 45 penguin points on herblore before I posted this - I've used mostly on slayer before.

I like the calculations someone posted previously. :) It isn't that accurate though as the figures seem to be a bit off though.

imagangster.png

I think it just depends how much money you can make per hour. :mellow: Like um... the methods I do, I average either 800k an hour or 2m-ish. If you make a lot from GWD or tormented demons or whatever you may as well just spend the cash on herblore and use the points on slayer. If you don't make that much, then spend the points on herblore.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

I'd go for herblore if I had to choose between slay & herb... Personally I always use my points on agility coz I dislike that skill the most

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)