KBD and Dragon Med made F2P?

Hagge

Now, the question at hand is whether making bits of outdated content F2P a good thing or not. You've already expressed the opinion "No, because I pay $5 a month to keep content out of F2P".

I believe that having a boss monster would make P2P more appealing to F2Pers. It's hard to know what we're missing, the closest thing we ever had to a boss fight was with Dragon slayer. And past level 60 its not even a challenge.

The content has already been developed, it would probably take 1 programmer 5 minutes to switch it over, then 2 minutes of downtime for a server update. The number of players they could gain with a boss monster in F2P could be huge. Even if they gained 1 member it would have paid for it.

Also, the key is that they release P2P content sparingly. Maybe one thing a year. We're not asking for your new content, just the stuff you never use anymore. This is partly why I disagree with giving the dmed to F2P, but agree with rune arrows, yew shortbows, etc.

KBD is one of the most fought bosses on Rs..... go to any lootshare world and it will be full... stop it with ur F2P stuff its a demo and thats kinda obvious

Then it would benefit P2Pers if the KBD was introduced into F2P, you'd have more worlds to hunt it.

I'm not going to argue with you about how "F2p is a demo", when the CEO of Jagex disagrees with you. The only thing that could trump CEO would be Andrew himself declaring that F2P is a demo; he never has supported that position, and probably never will. If F2P was a demo, why would they deliberately take references of P2P out of F2P? Stop trolling, its gets old real fast.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then it would benefit P2Pers if the KBD was introduced into F2P, you'd have more worlds to hunt it.

I'm not going to argue with you about how "F2p is a demo", when the CEO of Jagex disagrees with you. The only thing that could trump CEO would be Andrew himself declaring that F2P is a demo; he never has supported that position, and probably never will. If F2P was a demo, why would they deliberately take references of P2P out of F2P? Stop trolling, its gets old real fast.

Lol your best argument is to say stop trolling? im not trolling im stating something and i am pretty sure that Jagex, being a business beforehand anything else, would not encourage their players to play F2P instead of P2P...

Rainbow_Dude.png

Lol your best argument is to say stop trolling? im not trolling im stating something and i am pretty sure that Jagex, being a business beforehand anything else, would not encourage their players to play F2P instead of P2P...

You're trolling. First thing you posted -

"No... he has a lot of common sense F2p is a demo.... mod mmg said otherwise to make the f2p players stay... think before you judge so subtly"

Then you posted

"Does f2p REALLY deserve any of those =/..... "

And then

"Jagex is a business not a charity they would NEVER do something like that and if they did they would see their P2P numbers dropping very fast.... theyre not stupid ya know"

followed by some clarification, and then

"You get your stupid brain out of your head? Members pay for ADVANTAGE the less advantages the more people will quit.... think a bit...."

Everyone else probably gets the picture by now.

You're trolling. You haven't made a single intelligent argument, partly because you don't post more than 2 poorly written sentences at a time. Very few of your posts have been on the original topic, and you're baiting TIF for responses. You're trolling.

Stop trolling.

Jagex's business model is they give away a great product for free, runescape f2p. Ad revenue partly supports F2P, but they also offer an upgrade, P2P. F2P is meant to be a game unto itself, which is why they give F2P updates. The reason Jagex would give F2P a boss monster is the exact same reason they made FoG, GOP, and have a new skill coming out that's F2P.

♪♪ And I'm not done

You're trolling. You haven't made a single intelligent argument, partly because you don't post more than 2 poorly written sentences at a time. Very few of your posts have been on the original topic, and you're baiting TIF for responses. You're trolling.

Stop trolling.

Jagex's business model is they give away a great product for free, runescape f2p. Ad revenue partly supports F2P, but they also offer an upgrade, P2P. F2P is meant to be a game unto itself, which is why they give F2P updates. The reason Jagex would give F2P a boss monster is the exact same reason they made FoG, GOP, and have a new skill coming out that's F2P.

I would understand if you were a member but seeing as you are F2P you have no place in this topic.... F2P's cannot decide for themselves what WE are going to give to them...

Rainbow_Dude.png

Obvious troll is obvious.

Demonic, I've probably played for longer than you, and probably paid more than you too. Therefore, I should have more of a voice in this than you.

Giving F2P another taste of what you get in members, namely a boss monster, is a good incentive. It gives them a challenge and essentially says "You can do this easier, and get better rewards in P2P, and there's more like this."

KBD, with base equipment, no antifires, only a normal strength pot and Rune Weapons is a real challenge, and gives them a further taste of what they can get by upgrading. The whole point of F2P is to give enough, so they can sample all aspects of the game, and get an idea of what they can get if they upgrade.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Guest jrhairychest

@sees_all1 Demonic and I are entitled to have our say. Just because we dont agree with you isnt some sort of excuse to continuously bleat on about trolling. I dont see you complaining about those who troll who support your stance. Perhaps the sudden pious attitude has probably come from the fact that Tipit are recruiting again so maybe this has something to do with it. Either report it or stop complaining.

Your facts about Jagexs business model are erroneous as Jagex has moved on from the days of purely F2P and employs many staff due to its expansion. Do they pay them fresh air these days? No, someone has to pay their wages and somehow I dont think its F2P. Get the picture yet? Youre actually giving F2P more incentive to stay in F2P by giving more. How come youre not playing the trial of Wow? Oh yes, you have to PAY after the trial ends. Consider yourself lucky you get F2P for life but like many posts on this debate forum, youre another example of an F2Per who wants to bite the hand that feeds him. If you dont like these facts you have every right to quit and play something else thats free. Stop looking for excuses not to pay the $ each month while at the same time trying to freeload.

@Sworddude As a paying member I think youd be the first to complain if P2P stuff started sprouting up in F2P. Plenty of stuff on this forum says F2P should have many things so I take it you agree with those too?

Why not give them Bandos? After all if youre happy to give F2P things, then I cant see you disagreeing here with this to give an incentive....Or would all of a sudden P2Pers suddenly become defensive and say no to that. The fact is youre happy to give F2P things that you yourself wouldnt necessarily use or fight but if something was given that you did youd suddenly change your tune.

Jr, stop trolling

Does the KBD even count as a challenge any more? It's easily killed with the right setup. There is a world of difference between giving F2P an outdated boss, as a further taste of what is actually in P2P and something that is actually still useful.

You might as well have said "Let's give them everything P2P has." because it'd have just as much standing as what you said.

Yes, I am for giving F2P some older content, albeit a little modified in order to flesh out the game more, and give them a better idea of what they are missing out on, however, you're intentionally misinterpreting what I said.

EDIT: Oh wait..This isn't the first time you've taken what someone says out of context.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

If Jagex wants F2P to stick around and not contribute to the financing of updates, they will indeed release high level content to F2P.

If Jagex wants F2pers to get a taste of P2P and make a couple of them convert to members, they will release an event for a week with a boss monster that drops untradeable in F2P loot. Talk about an incentive to join! You get stuck with a draconic visage and the only way to benefit from that drop is to get a measly one month of membership.

I sometimes wonder what kind of marketing team Jagex has...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

If Jagex wants F2P to stick around and not contribute to the financing of updates, they will indeed release high level content to F2P.

If Jagex wants F2pers to get a taste of P2P and make a couple of them convert to members, they will release an event for a week with a boss monster that drops untradeable in F2P loot. Talk about an incentive to join! You get stuck with a draconic visage and the only way to benefit from that drop is to get a measly one month of membership.

One week would be good but any more would Ruin p2p...

Rainbow_Dude.png

One week would be good but any more would Ruin p2p...

I would go as far as saying giving them a whole special month of members features to test out with every week something different (except skills obviously as it would screw up their highscores). That would be a very interesting marketing push.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Guest jrhairychest

Jr, stop trolling

Does the KBD even count as a challenge any more? It's easily killed with the right setup. There is a world of difference between giving F2P an outdated boss, as a further taste of what is actually in P2P and something that is actually still useful.

You might as well have said "Let's give them everything P2P has." because it'd have just as much standing as what you said.

Yes, I am for giving F2P some older content, albeit a little modified in order to flesh out the game more, and give them a better idea of what they are missing out on, however, you're intentionally misinterpreting what I said.

EDIT: Oh wait..This isn't the first time you've taken what someone says out of context.

Nice edit from the original post which was....very classy *cough*. Report it if Im trolling instead of repeating the same old same old. I didn't see any of my posts getting edited but yours did :wink:

The context is spot on. You think that KBD should be given to F2P because YOU consider it be old content, so you dont care about it anymore. Youve given it soley from your own gaming point of view so you disregard its importance to members, hence the Bandos comments. If they gave F2P Bandos you wouldnt like it, yet its exactly the same thing youre trying to do with things you think youve outgrown in the game. Youve not answered about the other threads on here regarding P2P content so are you in favour of giving more things like skillcapes and surge spells? Oh, youd be against this because you happen to have/use these things?

Langer has come up with a much better suggestion, and this could work as a very good marketing ploy, rather than just giving them stuff. Give them a taste then take it away. Theyll want more.

However, the F2P posters on here have no intention of joining members no matter how much content theyre given. Theyre just after more F2Pcontent so no matter what you give them theyll stick with F2P. If they wanted to join theyd have done so by now. Im not saying this is what would happen with all F2P but considering its the same old posters time and again, the likelihood is none of this crew will join. They just want to moan about what theyre not getting, instead of appreciating what they have got. Where else are they going to get that?

@sees_all1 – Demonic and I are entitled to have our say. Just because we don’t agree with you isn’t some sort of excuse to continuously bleat on about trolling. I don’t see you complaining about those who troll who support your stance. Perhaps the sudden pious attitude has probably come from the fact that Tipit are recruiting again so maybe this has something to do with it. Either report it or stop complaining.

I don't know if you recall, but in the past you have absolutely refused to debate me, ignoring my points and then attacking my character. I "bleat on about trolling" because trolling kills threads with good discussion merit. I don't complain about people who don't troll, there have been many tip.iters that have disagreed with me on numerous occasions, but then they do they do a good job supporting their opinion. It really rips me raw to see people respond to anything about f2p with "shut up and pay noob", or anything to that affect.

Your facts about Jagex’s business model are erroneous as Jagex has moved on from the days of purely F2P and employs many staff due to its expansion. Do they pay them fresh air these days? No, someone has to pay their wages and somehow I don’t think it’s F2P. Get the picture yet? You’re actually giving F2P more incentive to stay in F2P by giving more. How come you’re not playing the trial of Wow? Oh yes, you have to PAY after the trial ends. Consider yourself lucky you get F2P for life but like many posts on this debate forum, you’re another example of an F2Per who wants to bite the hand that feeds him. If you don’t like these facts you have every right to quit and play something else that’s free. Stop looking for excuses not to pay the $ each month while at the same time trying to freeload.

My "erroneous" facts about Jagex's business model come from reading MANY, MANY articles that have been posted on Tip.it, talking about WHY JAGEX IS SO SUCCESSFUL.

"UK-based developer-publisher Jagex is best known for its sleeper hit MMO, the Java-based RuneScape. Though it lacks the hefty graphics and complex mechanics of other comparable products, RuneScape claims some 6 million users, due in part to the fact the game employed the free-to-play business model before many others got on board the emerging trend." -http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=17136

[hide=Or the first question from an interview with MMG]Jagex is known as a pioneer of free to-play games, but has the model itself reached the levels of popularity many had expected it to?

I think we have. When we started out the whole industry was fixated on classic retail distribution, and no one really understood the free-to-play model, or even the online model.

Today we see the complete opposite, with some of the biggest names in gaming wanting to do what we have done.

Many companies are not quite following our own model. If we look at some of the companies that have tried to copy what we do, like Sony and Free Realms, these companies are releasing just a free demo for the membership component and monetizing component of the game.

We feel that the Jagex model, and certainly RuneScape, is different to this. We have released a comprehensive free game for our fans.

Just to give you a sense of scale, the free game has got over 13,500 hours of gameplay to it; we know this because that’s how much time our most-dedicated free-to-play player has spent on the game so far, and that person has still not maxed out all her skills.

So people have seen that the free-to-play model works, but typically companies implement it in the wrong way, and only offer a few hours of free play. As a result of that, our competitors have not seen the success that we have, and I suspect they probably won’t.

I think something we’ve been very true to throughout is that we have two individual games; a free game and a members’ game. For the most ardent fans, membership is the only option, but for those not paying we want to make sure people have access to a self-sustained game, not a demo.[/hide]

http://www.develop-online.net/features/483/Interview-Jagexs-Mark-Gerhard

As far as "freeloading", the ads I view in F2P support Jagex as a company, the people who know me IRL that now play as members support Jagex (you know, that word of mouth advertising), and also the friends who are members I have on runescape that continue to play for the community support jagex.

I might not be paying them $6 a month out of my own pocket, but I am contributing to runescape in many ways.

If Jagex really really really thought that having f2p wasn't profitable, there would be no f2p game. So, you're wrong.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Jr, stop trolling

Nice edit from the original post which was....very classy *cough*. Report it if Im trolling instead of repeating the same old same old. I didn't see any of my posts getting edited but yours did :wink:

The context is spot on. You think that KBD should be given to F2P because YOU consider it be old content, so you dont care about it anymore. Youve given it soley from your own gaming point of view so you disregard its importance to members, hence the Bandos comments. If they gave F2P Bandos you wouldnt like it, yet its exactly the same thing youre trying to do with things you think youve outgrown in the game. Youve not answered about the other threads on here regarding P2P content so are you in favour of giving more things like skillcapes and surge spells? Oh, youd be against this because you happen to have/use these things?

Langer has come up with a much better suggestion, and this could work as a very good marketing ploy, rather than just giving them stuff. Give them a taste then take it away. Theyll want more.

However, the F2P posters on here have no intention of joining members no matter how much content theyre given. Theyre just after more F2Pcontent so no matter what you give them theyll stick with F2P. If they wanted to join theyd have done so by now. Im not saying this is what would happen with all F2P but considering its the same old posters time and again, the likelihood is none of this crew will join. They just want to moan about what theyre not getting, instead of appreciating what they have got. Where else are they going to get that?

Yup youve pretty much explained the whole concept in that paragraph :thumbsup:

Rainbow_Dude.png

However, it's clearly something Jagex wouldn't want to do.

Remember Gnomecopters?

Yes I remember gnomecopters being a passive incentive to join members, much like watching a movie trailers or some youtube video of P2P content... What I'm "proposing" is an active experience. It's not the same thing and that would make the F2P feels more like a demo. Now lots of F2Pers claim F2P is a game on its own, granted, it's a complete game without major updates... you get what you pay for.

@ Sees_All

All your friends who are members are contributing to the game. You may have helped Jagex in gaining new members, but in the end, your friends are paying for membership, not you. The business model that Jagex employs with free-to-play would not work very well if paying costumers were not there to support it. Without paying costumers, we would still be playing classic with the old set of skills.... no thank you.

My assumption on that matter from a business point of view is that Jagex gets a loss from F2P and those expenses are put under marketing costs for the main game (where they actually get paid and make a very interesting profit from).

langerkiller.png

Yes I remember gnomecopters being a passive incentive to join members, much like watching a movie trailers or some youtube video of P2P content... What I'm "proposing" is an active experience. It's not the same thing and that would make the F2P feels more like a demo. Now lots of F2Pers claim F2P is a game on its own, granted, it's a complete game without major updates... you get what you pay for.

You say "claim" as if there's no basis for it, which is ridiculous.

All your friends who are members are contributing to the game. You may have helped Jagex in gaining new members, but in the end, your friends are paying for membership, not you. The business model that Jagex employs with free-to-play would not work very well if paying costumers were not there to support it. Without paying costumers, we would still be playing classic with the old set of skills.... no thank you.

My assumption on that matter from a business point of view is that Jagex gets a loss from F2P and those expenses are put under marketing costs for the main game (where they actually get paid and make a very interesting profit from).

Fine, but you're getting away from the OP.

The reason Hagge created this thread was to make a better argument for putting outdated boss monsters on F2P.

If the only thing people say is "F2P doesn't pay so no", they're not being constructive. Lets all stop beating that dead horse, get back on topic.

OTHER than the fact that F2P is free, why would releasing older, dated content to the free version be a bad thing?

♪♪ And I'm not done

Well, Sees_all, it's clearly the reason of "Waah! I pay $5 per month and I don't want F2P to get my stuff!" followed by a 3 year old's tantrum, with a few slammed doors.

Langer, the reason why Gnomecopters were removed was because they wanted to remove all P2P advertising from F2P, your idea just puts that in for another month/whatever.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

You say "claim" as if there's no basis for it, which is ridiculous.

Fine, but you're getting away from the OP.

The reason Hagge created this thread was to make a better argument for putting outdated boss monsters on F2P.

If the only thing people say is "F2P doesn't pay so no", they're not being constructive. Lets all stop beating that dead horse, get back on topic.

OTHER than the fact that F2P is free, why would releasing older, dated content to the free version be a bad thing?

There is a basis for calling F2P not a demo as much as there is a basis for calling it a demo because of the purpose it serves. Notice I say "granted" meaning I don'T buy that whole argument that because Mod MMG calls it a non-demo, it should not ever be questionned and debated.

I'm getting away from the OP because everything that encourages giving more to F2P should be treated and analyzed with the business strategy in place. I might be beating a dead horse but it's pretty relevant to this case. To answer your question, releasing old and dated content to F2P is not a bad thing, except if it is high level content because then it gives a reason for F2Pers to "stick around" and not make the jump to P2P (which is, like it or not, the aim of Jagex regardless of how anyone feels).

As for the sake of debating the point regardless of real life economics, I see a couple flaws to releasing the KBD mainly becease the main source of income from that monster resides in hides and bones (and obviously draconic visages). Making the KBB an F2P boss without these drops, you get a pretty tough monster to beat with current F2P weapons for bad loots. The main effect would be for d meds to rise in price upon release (something that would benefit me as I bought 2,5k d meds at alch price over the last year...).

Making d bones available in F2P for use and only available through the KBD would cause an enourmous rise in price of d bones and would benefit only extremely high lvls F2P players that only want to max out prayer without a second thought to the cost. Making hides available to F2P would create the same probable consequence to bones with F2P crafters actively buying these hides to raise their crafting lvls. A solution would be to make the KBD in F2P be a King Green Dragon. Obviously, something like that would debalance the game.

The only real solution would be to release the KBD in F2P that drops dragon meds and larger coins drop without hides or bones.

Well, Sees_all, it's clearly the reason of "Waah! I pay $5 per month and I don't want F2P to get my stuff!" followed by a 3 year old's tantrum, with a few slammed doors.

Langer, the reason why Gnomecopters were removed was because they wanted to remove all P2P advertising from F2P, your idea just puts that in for another month/whatever.

To your first sentence, it's very easy to generalize an argument like this, but it's pretty hypocritical coming from someone that has to edit his posts because of immature bad language.

To your 2nd sentence, I know why they removed them and I'm still questionning that removal. I think they are not using F2P in the best way they could.

langerkiller.png

Guest jrhairychest

@Sees_all - You complain about my debating in the past, yet you don’t want to know when someone puts forward a perfectly good argument. I support my opinions but to start off with ‘stop trolling’ with every reply is just being defensive because you don’t know what to reply with. I tell things as they are and get straight to the point. Where were the reports if I was such a big, bad rulebreaker? Let’s see these facts:

You want more in F2P but you won’t pay – “It really rips me raw to see people respond to anything about f2p with "shut up and pay noob", or anything to that affect.” So it should. Have you not cottoned on yet that you should be grateful for what you’ve got? You have no intention of becoming a member so what puts you in a position to demand more, disguising it as ‘hey it will get more members’? By the way, you never covered the points on surge spells and capes. You want those too?

Your arguments about the Jagex model are still erroneous – You have quoted those articles that bring nothing new. They support the fact that F2P sustains itself only. Where do members come from? F2P. It’s a platform to bring in those who might pay. I don’t know of anyone who played members first without doing F2P, myself included.

Giving F2P new things is more of an encouragement not to pay, but to stay with more stuff. If F2P paid so well we’d all be members, playing for free, with the game paid for by advertisements. So I’m not wrong. Stop using it as an excuse not to pay and stop looking for more excuses to stay in F2P. To be honest I’d be a tad embarrassed at getting something for free, then complaining I want more.

@Demonic - Thanks. I'm glad others feel the same about these potty posts :thumbup:

@Langer – I noticed your proposal about trial bosses wasn’t taken up. Were you really surprised at this? Posters want this as a permanent fixture for their own ends which means they won’t move to P2P regardless. Again I state more excuses to stay there. There was never any interest in it 'bringing in new members' from the posters on here. It's all for their own ends.

For some players it seems quite an alien concept to expect them to pay to obtain members benefits, and probably other things in life. It’s part of the ‘something for nothing culture’ that we have in society today.

Regardless of whether something is classed as outdated, many members haven’t touched the KBD and I still see many players wearing items such as dmed. To them it’s not old content.

@Sword_dude - Wasn’t us who spat the dummy ;)

@Sees_all - You complain about my debating in the past, yet you dont want to know when someone puts forward a perfectly good argument. I support my opinions but to start off with stop trolling with every reply is just being defensive because you dont know what to reply with. I tell things as they are and get straight to the point. Where were the reports if I was such a big, bad rulebreaker? Lets see these facts:

"3) I have seen some drivel in my time but the 'mutually exclusive' explanation takes the biscuit. The last few paragraphs are hilarious. Say it all out load and listen to yourself :lol:

Maybe if you tried for a second to stop trying to look intelligent or points score you may get somewhere. You don't have to prove anything to me you know if you're trying to do this.

I'll forgive you this as it gave me a good laugh."

Jrhairychest, I shouldn't let stupid things bother me but they do. And I have a fairly long memory, especially for those that are disrespectful. I'll treat you as a troll until you can prove yourself otherwise.

You want more in F2P but you wont pay It really rips me raw to see people respond to anything about f2p with "shut up and pay noob", or anything to that affect. So it should. Have you not cottoned on yet that you should be grateful for what youve got? You have no intention of becoming a member so what puts you in a position to demand more, disguising it as hey it will get more members? By the way, you never covered the points on surge spells and capes. You want those too?

Quite making this about me. YOU have no idea of who I am, or what I do. YOU do not know if I have a members account, or what I pay jagex each month. The only thing YOU know about me is what I let you know.

Your arguments about the Jagex model are still erroneous You have quoted those articles that bring nothing new. They support the fact that F2P sustains itself only. Where do members come from? F2P. Its a platform to bring in those who might pay. I dont know of anyone who played members first without doing F2P, myself included.

Giving F2P new things is more of an encouragement not to pay, but to stay with more stuff. If F2P paid so well wed all be members, playing for free, with the game paid for by advertisements. So Im not wrong. Stop using it as an excuse not to pay and stop looking for more excuses to stay in F2P. To be honest Id be a tad embarrassed at getting something for free, then complaining I want more.

Jrhairychest, do you even understand what my points or arguments are? If you think that my only purpose posting on here is to make the point "OMG F2P NEEDS MORE STUFF BECAUSE WE LIKE TO FREELOADZZZZZ!!!!!", you're sadly mistaken.

You know whats funny? "To be honest Id be a tad embarrassed at getting something for free, then complaining I want more." I picture you as a whiny 14 year old, begging your parents for more stuff.

Maybe if you tried for a second to stop trying to look intelligent or points score you may get somewhere. You don't have to prove anything to me you know if you're trying to do this.

I'll forgive you this as it gave me a good laugh.

♪♪ And I'm not done

So perhaps an interesting suggesting, but what about an F2P only boss? I was thinking something along the lines of the mother daganoth system. Requiring multiple attack styles and spells. Make it a team effort with a maximum amount of players in the room? (perhaps a first taste of instancing) Making it F2P only, will require members to go in there with only F2P items on (possible on P2P server, to give members benefit of more worlds). Members have the advantage of higher stats as members have an easier way of training these stats. Especially in combat!

Then release attack and defense potions (the normal ones) together with anti poisons and make the boss poisonable. Create a boss that is capable of actually killing you! By making it a team effort to put down a mother daganoth type of creature ;) you've got yourself an old idea in a new jacket.

Final: give the boss an unique drop, mostly usefull for F2P. Perhaps sums of raw materials and an actual strenght/ranged/mage boosting cape. An all-round cape, nothing stronger then members capes (not +10 bonusses) but enough to make an incentive to use it in F2P. (+3/5 in ranged, mage and melee attack, not strenght)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Guest jrhairychest

Jrhairychest, I shouldn't let stupid things bother me but they do. And I have a fairly long memory, especially for those that are disrespectful. I'll treat you as a troll until you can prove yourself otherwise.

Feel free to treat me the way you want. I take the rough with the smooth . If grudges are your thing then maybe debating is not for you. I have nothing to prove to anyone and that includes you. Again, if I'm breaking any forum rules you can report me at any time you want.

Jrhairychest, do you even understand what my points or arguments are? If you think that my only purpose posting on here is to make the point "OMG F2P NEEDS MORE STUFF BECAUSE WE LIKE TO FREELOADZZZZZ!!!!!", you're sadly mistaken.

Yes. You want something for free without paying your dues which is why you haven't tackled any of my points hence yet again the defensive posting. Your self-quote is probably more of an accurate description than you think because when we cut through all the crap its really what you're trying to say.

You know whats funny? "To be honest I’d be a tad embarrassed at getting something for free, then complaining I want more." I picture you as a whiny 14 year old, begging your parents for more stuff.

Again, not entirely innacurrate. I'd peg your age a little older though. Adult players normally appreciate what they have for free and not look at P2P and state 'I want that!'. If they do they usually shell out the $ or accept F2P for how it is.

I'll forgive you this as it gave me a good laugh.

Hang on this is mine....Oh go on I'll let you have it then.

Oh, look at all of the posts against giving F2P anything. Geez. Why bother wasting valuable typing time replying to that side of the argument anyway...

To be more direct, let them have the KBD. This would make it a much more respected and venerable boss NPC, and it would give F2P a boss that's actually a challenge. Naturally, giving them the D Med Helm would cause uproar (but gain more demand for it), so that might be a good thing for F2P/Members to beneifit from - more demand for a Dragon Medium, more players are willing to sell it instead of alch it.

Also, this would imply that various potions would also have to go over, to deal with the KBD's multi-faceted attacks, such as poison and freezing. That's fine; give them antipoison, Attack, Defense, and Restore pots as well. Again, this would cause more demand for these seldom made/used/sold items, and as such, benefit Members as a whole, due to the increased demand.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.